PDA

View Full Version : The War on Consciousness - Graham Hancock (Removed TED Talk)

solomon levi
03-25-2013, 02:02 AM
wonderful talk on entheogens, ayahuasca, mushrooms...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b6-0yW7Iaw

Watching this I notice the "energy" that Graham is fighting... like he's coming out.
But is it his own fear or is it actual thoughts of the audience he's warding off...
it's almost painful to watch him struggle through this. It's hard to stand up and
speak these things in a world conditioned against it.

"Adult sovereignty over consciousness"

Krisztian
03-25-2013, 01:51 PM
I'm glad you posted this talk. From what I've read, it was removed from TED and the reason was quite lame and silly.

Illen A. Cluf
03-25-2013, 08:55 PM
Thanks for posting the talk, Solomon. I have been reading most of Hancock's books since Sign and the Seal came out in 1992. I never realized that he was so dependent on smoking weed. He seems quite passionate about how we are being controlled not to progress.

solomon levi
03-25-2013, 09:24 PM
if only we knew how many great books were written by weed (and other sacraments) channeled through human minds and hands. :)
why so many plant attributes... tree of knowledge, burning bush, i am the vine, it's like a mustard seed...
and the devil is the light bearer and it goes round and round... ouroboros.

Illen A. Cluf
03-25-2013, 10:10 PM
Since so many plants contain ingredients that permit mind expansion, I often wondered if plants themselves might not exist in a state of super awareness. When humans meditate deeply, they often sit very still, eyes closed, senses turned off, so movement and physical senses are not necessary for deep mind expansion. Thus it is entirely possible that plants can also be in deep states of awareness.

Krisztian
03-26-2013, 12:27 AM
. . . When humans meditate deeply, they often sit very still, eyes closed, senses turned off, so movement and physical senses are not necessary for deep mind expansion. . .

I think the key is to 'get out of the way' to hear the messages we're presented with daily.

solomon levi
03-26-2013, 02:09 AM
Since so many plants contain ingredients that permit mind expansion, I often wondered if plants themselves might not exist in a state of super awareness. When humans meditate deeply, they often sit very still, eyes closed, senses turned off, so movement and physical senses are not necessary for deep mind expansion. Thus it is entirely possible that plants can also be in deep states of awareness.

it's possible we're perceiving as the plant perceives when we ingest them. maybe not... doesn't work with carrots. :)
makes me wonder... does peyote consider the carrot unenlightened? :) silly humans. we should all ingest more...
carrots, to see through the darkness. :D

Illen A. Cluf
03-26-2013, 10:33 AM
I think the key is to 'get out of the way' to hear the messages we're presented with daily.

Yes, to be able to remove all inner "chatter".

Illen A. Cluf
03-26-2013, 10:36 AM
it's possible we're perceiving as the plant perceives when we ingest them. maybe not... doesn't work with carrots. :)
makes me wonder... does peyote consider the carrot unenlightened? :) silly humans. we should all ingest more...
carrots, to see through the darkness. :D

Yes, I had also wondered why only some plants provide the experience and no real nourishment, while others provide the necessary nourishment we need so that we can have the experience.

teofrast40
03-26-2013, 02:04 PM
Hi
interesting. When I was a child I considered plants as the most advanced creatures because they did not have to rely on killing other beings for nutrition (with a few exceptions, to be fair), while offering their bodies to heterotroph beings.
Somewhere else on this forum, I read of a shaman talking about a fight between evil plants (coffee, tobacco, marjuana) against good ones (entheogens) for control of humanity. This led me to some considerations. It is known of many instances in nature where plants use animals to their means, there are plants that induce addiction in some birds to ensure reproduction, or the more extreme case of that fungus that parasite insects inducing them to move to the highest place in the nearby and stay there to die and allow spreading of the spores to the wind.
If we consider the exposition per square feet on earth, the most successful plants have been those that used mankind offering them food. Wheat and rice in the first place. Wheat whith it's excellent caloric density allowed mankind to expand, and the insulinic feedback that its overconsumption generate could be seen as a mean to guarantee plant sprouting. From a cultural standpoint we could consider west and east mainly as wheat eaters and rice eaters. Could it be rice to induce a more introspective calm way of being as opposed to the more fiery and extroverted nature of wheat?

solomon levi
03-26-2013, 06:54 PM
that's insightful teofrast.

the message of terrence mckenna seems the same theme as the war on consciousness.
i don't know if anyone already posted it...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIG25NdOWIs

consciousness police... stay in the playpen with your tv, alcohol, etc, but don't touch these 'trees' in the center of the Garden...