PDA

View Full Version : Problem with "God equals Me" claim

glenerson
03-26-2013, 04:56 AM
There is the known, the unknown and unknowable.

The known. it is given.

The unknown. that which will eventually be unveiled.

And tada, the unknowable.

God knows everything. And we have the thing called "the unknowable."

Thus God cannot be us. God is distinct from his creations for his creations knows of the unknowable. God is omniscient and there is no such thing to him as the unknowable.

With this, it can be said that God cannot be you when you're alive by virtue of this argument.

Yes, you will return to God eventually but it doesn't mean that you perpetually existed like God. Thus, you are not God, cannot be God and is not God.

Doing alchemy aiming to be God-like is impossible. You can be One with God, that is God and Yourself are in the closest proximity, Yes. But you cannot take over his place, for you are distinct from Him.

Bel Matina
03-26-2013, 05:33 AM
The positives in your description are valid. In as much as your negatives suggest the absence of the positive, they are misleading. It is possible to take the place of God, but in that case God and the self become the same, and the self does not meaningfully survive. Still, it misleads from the art to suggest that what can be done cannot, just because it leads you back where you were in the first place.

solomon levi
03-26-2013, 08:07 AM
yeah. i like the last line. the rest was not on firm ground from my perspective. that god is omniscent is something we are taught or told. to verify it firsthand one would have to be able to be god, which i agree with Bel, you can, but not remaining the you who knows. so it is equally possible that god doesn't know everything. being everything is different than knowing everything. it is more reasonable to me that god only knows through creation, thus only knows what creation knows.

thrival
03-26-2013, 08:43 AM
I think the most obvious proof that the individual is not God is the fact that individuals do not create themselves and don't know how to fix themselves when they're broken. If a person understood all principles of healing and particle physics, they might be able to regenerate organs, missing limbs, etc. and so far no one in history is reported to have done this, save Jesus, and even he took no personal credit. Also the immortal spirits who liase between God & man know their powers have been delegated based upon a proven trust-worthiness. (Correction: but by His mercy.) Speculation is really unnecessary in the teeth of obvious (physical) evidence. The created is not the Creator, the Creator knows more because for Him, creation is optional. The created cannot take the place of God because the created doesn't know how creation works. The best the created can do is move some of the parts around. All you're really talking about is the sin of pride.

solomon levi
03-26-2013, 09:11 AM
lol. i can accept that for you it would be pride. you haven't seen the nonexistence of the ego.
yes, you're right about your definition of individuals. but individuals are not JUST individuals.
you need to read more than the new testament!! i am aware of thousands of healings. you can turn on youtube and find them, besides that i've experienced healing and being healed. no wonder you think the world is terrible.
the creator knows less... you might consider that knowing is not ideal to philosophers. thus Socrates was considered the wisest to the Pythians for saying "I know that I know nothing". not to mention zen no mind, yogic samadhi, the state of dreamless sleep and the nondual "fourth state"...