View Full Version : Talks With Sri Ramana Maharshi

HappyPotter
03-27-2013, 07:08 AM
Alan Jacobs reads Sri Ramana Maharshi; www.youtube.com/watch?v=weXKuURMgMs

Little vid on the self/Self.

solomon levi
03-27-2013, 05:26 PM
Excellent!
This is why I dig nonduality... it's not an option - it's the only thing always going on.
It's not a preference or choice to believe like religious views - it's pure realism.
Identified with the dual mind, using thought and knowledge to make sense of things,
always leaves one waiting for tomorrow... tomorrow will be the end of the world,
tomorrow will be the second coming, tomorrow I'll succeed in the Great Work, after we
do this this and this the world will be a better place...
People want to call something bs... tomorrow is bs. Nonduality is now and real. Identifying with
the mind doesn't change it; it only appears to change it. To try to change appearances to get to
reality does not work. You don't have to "get to" reality. Stop trying, stop imagining it is tomorrow,
after conditions are met... it is the unconditioned.

I'm just saying. I honestly don't care what anyone wants to believe or not. We are all free. There's nothing
you need to do differently to be the One God in my eyes.
I am not interested in converting anyone... I am no one's adversary. :) ha!
I am no one at all.

ps. nonduality is not for your mind to grasp... it is to be seen directly. the mind will always argue... it is dual.
We cannot see the mind directly because it isn't real. Saying this means nothing. I don't know why I talk. I just do.

HappyPotter
03-29-2013, 06:20 AM
Hey Solomon, thanks for the insights, Brian Nager an old teacher I used to Satsang with went into Nirvakalpa dissolution. He was making a bit of a name for himself back when Dr David Hawkins was becoming one of the major teachers of Self Realization.

Btw, thanks for the insights on Vega33's SM thread, very appreciative indeed.

solomon levi
04-02-2013, 06:23 AM
you're welcome Happy Potter. thank you!