PDA

View Full Version : Opening Party - Alchemy Forums 2.0

Awani
01-06-2009, 06:33 PM
Welcome to the new phase of Alchemy Forums!

It has been a great year over at the old (http://alchemy-forums.forumotion.com/forum.htm) board, but now we have finally upgraded to a format that is far superior to the one we had before. I will in due time explain all the new features, but till then you just have to discover this for yourself.

Why move at all?
Well we grew out of the old board... and our intention is to remain where we are now - at least till 2012!

The good thing with this new board is that it can be upgraded with a click of a button so as time advances the board will become better and better.

The old threads/posts?
All the threads and posts have been moved to this new location (there are still a few that needs to be moved, but be patient they will come shortly).

Related thread: What are Phoenix-threads? (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?t=7)

The only stuff that I won't bring over are some site related material that is no longer relevant.

Your postcount, if it was 10 or more, will remain the same as it was when the old board closed down.

Also the old board will remain online as a source but it won't be possible to join or post.

Registrering?
If you were a member of the old board then you need to register with the same username so I know what your postcount should be. If you want to change username register with your old name and PM me.

I rather you keep your old name as to avoid confusion.

Layout
There will be possible to choose which layout you want on the forum, like black/white or indigo etc. But this feature, as with the layout in general, will take a little time so please be patient.

It is the content that is most important anyway!

As for the subforums etc there is a thread where you can contribute your ideas: Forum / Subforum Descriptions & Layout Changes (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?t=118)

Conclusion
I hope we will have a wonderful alchemical 2009, with even more indepth discussions and gnosis!

See you out there!

:cool:

Awani
01-07-2009, 08:05 PM
I have asked some members to use a specific password so I can have access to their accounts (in order to move threads).

You can now change your password to something private!

horticult
02-11-2009, 01:46 PM
This new forum has a terrible engine, is absolutely unlucid etc. ad nausea. I think that the moving was pretty bad idea.

Awani
02-11-2009, 04:58 PM
Do you mean the loading time?

horticult
02-13-2009, 03:03 PM
No, everything -structure, look, functionality. The old one was better. I really want to know, why every "upgrade" of the interface or something ended so terrible. Just to do nothing would be much better.

Awani
02-13-2009, 04:24 PM
Structure is basically the same, the look is not even finished (still work in progress) - and as for functionality I guess it comes down to taste... I find vBulletin much easier to use (and more adaptable) than forummotion.

horticult
02-13-2009, 05:34 PM
Thats IM/H/O. I just spent 8min trying to Re this post. Only this quick is working... Anyway I will not spent more time with this topic & I appreciate your work.

Awani
02-13-2009, 06:03 PM
You are entitled to your opinions, it's a free world!

D.Frich
11-29-2009, 06:03 AM
lol i have to say i like ninja forums much more than otaku now