PDA

View Full Version : Ritual Magic In Alchemical Processes

Axismundi000
04-03-2013, 03:19 PM
As some here will know I am applying ritual Magic technique to the process of Alchemy.

Whilst I prepared my temple and specifically made the magickal gear I would need, I did a simple Alchemical formula which did not use any ritual magick, this was a kind of 'the control scenario'.

I used the late NC's procedure which obviously failed but did produce a few curious things. I would like to explain these but I am aware of the ban.

I was thinking that some of the unexpected stuff could be discussed if this was allowed. However I don't want to cause problems so if not, then fair enough, please advise moderators.

lwowl
04-03-2013, 03:48 PM
As some here will know I am applying ritual Magic technique to the process of Alchemy.

Whilst I prepared my temple and specifically made the magickal gear I would need, I did a simple Alchemical formula which did not use any ritual magick, this was a kind of 'the control scenario'.

I used the late NC's procedure which obviously failed but did produce a few curious things. I would like to explain these but I am aware of the ban.

I was thinking that some of the unexpected stuff could be discussed if this was allowed. However I don't want to cause problems so if not, then fair enough, please advise moderators.

I find it to be disturbing that alchemy subjects can be banned here, though I don't know the specifics of this case. If you are referring to Nick ******** aka ***, don't waste your time on any of his ruminations. His errors were tragic; sad indeed.

What simple alchemical formula did you use?

You might consider these words of advice from Fryer Bacon:
"After an enumeration of some few examples concerning the prevalency of Nature and Art (that by these few we may gather many,) by these parts the whole; and so from particulars, universals, which will demonstrate the unnecessary aspiring to Magick, since both Nature and Art afford such sufficiencies."

If this discussion is banned here you can contact me: lwowl@alchemylife.org

lwowl

Donna Matrix
04-03-2013, 07:17 PM
This is my post on another thread:

ritual extractions

Yesterday 3-21-13 i did an extraction of cinquefoil, five finger grass in the soxhlet. Cast circle and called in watchtowers called in my spiritual mother, Athena.

I experienced growing fire in my heart region to where I had to grab a lapis sphere and hold it to my heart to finish the extraction. OMG what an ordeal!! The fire quickly dissipated after taking down circle. I have never experienced this before except when i did a saturn extraction of horsetail and went thru some past life trauma of being burned probably as a witch. Otherwise my work iin the lab is usually a joyful, even exctatic thing.

I do eleborate setups inn my lab for my extractions using my crystal skulls and magic seals, symbols, etc. to connect the above and the below. also draw numbers eights everywhhere in all dimensions to connect the above and the below. Anyone got any thoughts or insight on ths?

I am experimenting with magic as well and see that it is the only way to perfectly marry spirit and matter.n Be careful and always cast circle because there are a great many deceivers and provacateurs. Always proceed with caution and protection. And whatever you do, do not think you can learn magic from a book. Because that is the stupidest mistake you can make. proceed with humility and ask for teachers to come to you.

Working the craft can be as technically demanding as the art. My wiccan teachers have great respect for me as a practioner of both the art and the craft. They are intimately related yet different, magic working more with the above and the art working more with the below. This is a potentially powerful conjunction of disciplines and I encourage you to proceed wisely.

I am very interested in creating powerful elixers for environmental healing, especially the ocean as water is a major carrier of consciousness around the world. I am referring to Dr Emotos work, The messages in water, as well as two other books, how to make sacred water and the holy order of water, both of which I got off Amazon. This awaereness of the powerful marriage of spirit and matter using magic and alchemy can renew this tired world, renew sick societies and create right relationship on all levels of creation. This is a deep and holy work. Perhaps this the true service of the Water-Bearer.

Donna Matrix
04-03-2013, 07:18 PM
I will try to post pics of my lab setup which is very magical. But I cannot share info about magic.

Axismundi000
04-03-2013, 07:59 PM
Magic applied to Alchemy is something I have just scratched the surface of so I cannot meaningfully discuss it at this time, perhaps next year.

The NC procedure was completely non-ritual magic and easy to perform, it was a simple thing to play with whilst I made my other preparations.. Perhaps people here with a chemistry background can explain why the salt would not go back into solution in the sealed erhlenmeyer flask when the temperature was reduced again, as schoolboy level chemistry would suggest it should do.

lwowl
I basically just did the NC formula he published on-line. It does not surprise me that it didn't work, however I don't know why the salt didn't re-dissolve. Especially as I accidentally knocked the flask mixing the solid and fluid together again.

solomon levi
04-03-2013, 08:08 PM
Me moderator. :) Discussing procedures isn't banned here. We just don't like to discuss personalities,
and when people bring up Nick that was often what would end up happening, thus the ban on his name
(as i understand it). So talk about any procedure. We just don't want "He was right" "He was wrong" "He's the best"
"He's an A-hole"... etc.

Axismundi000
04-03-2013, 11:14 PM
Fair enough. I understand that NC has died so I feel it is not appropriate to criticise him, because he is unable to defend himself.

Any ideas why the salt didn't re-dissolve when the temperature was reduced and the flask remained airtight?

solomon levi
04-03-2013, 11:25 PM
I'm not sure which experiment you're performing. What's in it?
Or it doesn't matter... every salt should redissolve? Is that what you're saying?

Axismundi000
04-04-2013, 10:29 AM
Yes it should re-dissolve. In this basic procedure the flask of dew water that has had salt added until a saturated solution at room temperature, excess salt grains filtered out using coffee filter paper. It is heated to two different temperatures for weeks at a time but always below the boiling point of water in an airtight flask. So naturally some of the salt will come out of the saturated solution when the water is heated. However when the liquid returns to room temperature I would expect the salt to return into solution and disappear especially if the flask is gently shaken. No volume of the liquid was lost so the flask was definitely airtight. Yet the 'salt' did not go back into solution when the temperature was reduced. Also the material would darken and get lighter in the manner described by the late NC. As I mentioned the final product was not the philosophers stone and any effects from taking the drops could be easily ascribed to placebo effect.

Any thoughts?

Axismundi000
04-04-2013, 10:48 AM
lwowl

I take the point that Fryer Bacon makes that Alchemy does not really need Ritual Magic added to it. This I consider to be the pure Alchemy approach, so I am not a pure Alchemist. As a Ritual Magician I seek to bring my established skill set to the practice of Alchemy; a number of interesting avenues are presented. As we say in the UK it is 'worth a punt'.

lwowl
04-04-2013, 06:32 PM
Donna Matrix:
“I experienced growing fire in my heart region to where I had to grab a lapis sphere and hold it to my heart to finish the extraction. OMG what an ordeal!!”

From my perspective sounds like you sparked Initiation with the Universe and felt alchemical flux flowing through your mettals. When it happened to me it was like dragon fire. If I had not already been proficient at the inner circulation of Taoist alchemy the dragon would have burned me out. Of course I’m mixing metaphors here.

Donna Matrix:
“I do eleborate setups inn my lab for my extractions using my crystal skulls and magic seals, symbols, etc. to connect the above and the below. also draw numbers eights everywhhere in all dimensions to connect the above and the below. Anyone got any thoughts or insight on ths?”

I don’t use talisments and totems as such having dropped the fascination for mojos long ago, but I still find the same kind of attachment to some of my laboratory rigs and devices. I must confess to having a statue of Hermes with his caduceus at the ready standing near the apex of my lab. And then… well, I do have quite a bit of sentiment for my quartz crystal that I shaped into a free form cabochon as clear as melting ice. I used to use it to stop migraines by placing it on my forehead.
The number eight besides being a symbol for infinity is also one of the glyphs the Sumerians used in depictions of Enki, Lord of the Earth, the Sumerian creator god. He is the father of Ningizzida, Lord of the Tree of Truth, whose symbol is the caduceus.
If you intersect three 8s at their centers, one perpendicular to the other forming an X, Y, Z vector plain system (left or right hand rule from physics) and rotate them 360 degrees about their common axis and rotate each around its own axis as well you will have a representation of the Universe unfolding the Macrocosmic Whorlds from the Microcosmic Point at the center. At least, that’s the way I see It.

Donna Matrix:
“I am experimenting with magic as well and see that it is the only way to perfectly marry spirit and matter.n Be careful and always cast circle because there are a great many deceivers and provacateurs. Always proceed with caution and protection.”

For me, Spirit and Body are one thing, and that is Philosophical or intelligent Light emanating from the Microcosmic Point. Energy and Matter are one thing unfolding the intention of Light into the Macrocosm of infinite possibilities and forms.
The only circle I cast is the Inner Circulation—a basic oval circuit. It collects and focuses the Taoist Three Treasures: Qi, Jing, and Shen. I like to call them by alchemical operations: Circulation (Qi), Sublimation (Jing), and Distillation (Shen). When you can circulate Qi no one can harm your spirit or mess with your VLF by fomenting ill will in your direction.

Donna Matrix:
“I am very interested in creating powerful elixers for environmental healing, especially the ocean as water is a major carrier of consciousness around the world. I am referring to Dr Emotos work, The messages in water, as well as two other books, how to make sacred water and the holy order of water, both of which I got off Amazon. This awaereness of the powerful marriage of spirit and matter using magic and alchemy can renew this tired world, renew sick societies and create right relationship on all levels of creation. This is a deep and holy work. Perhaps this the true service of the Water-Bearer.”

In the alchemy lab water is an amazing transporter of connecting principles extracted from the starting matter. One can do interesting things with water and magnetic fields. Water distilled from a menstrum has volatile compounds contained in the menstrum that distill over with it. That water can be used effectively compounding medicines from the sulfur balsams derived from the same starting material. Saving your distilled waters or “phlegm” for other works is a good idea as well.
The ocean carries consciousness in the currents. Even more so the ocean that flows in the inner sea of your spinal fluid. In the caverns of the ventricles meaningful Light bubbles forth from Eternal Springs and that is what your mind sees; that is your Ocean. At least that is how I see.

lwowl

lwowl
04-04-2013, 07:28 PM
Axismundi000:
“I basically just did the NC formula he published on-line. It does not surprise me that it didn't work, however I don't know why the salt didn't re-dissolve. Especially as I accidentally knocked the flask mixing the solid and fluid together again.”

Often things don’t go as expected in the lab. Lots of variables are at play. Little mistakes or changes or variances will cause differing results. All of his formulations were ordinary chemistry experiments, many cobbled from RAMS documents. Experimentation in the lab is good to gain operator experience. Improper finesse at regulating heat will certainly change the results. There are things what will fly in the heat and you want them separate from the things that fly apart in the heat. The things that fly apart are poisonous polycyclic polymers that need to be reassembled alchemically.

Axismundi000:
“I take the point that Fryer Bacon makes that Alchemy does not really need Ritual Magic added to it. This I consider to be the pure Alchemy approach, so I am not a pure Alchemist. As a Ritual Magician I seek to bring my established skill set to the practice of Alchemy; a number of interesting avenues are presented. As we say in the UK it is 'worth a punt'.”

I believe Fryer Bacon (Rogerus) was referring to “conjuring” where formulas and spells are wishful thinking creatively manipulated by attention attracting props, all done for the aggrandizement of the conjuror.
He refers to Nature and Art. Nature is the Grand dame Magician of the Universe and the Art of the alchemist is to play with Her Magic.

lwowl

glenerson
04-04-2013, 08:34 PM
http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?3518-Keys-of-Death-and-of-Hades&p=29131#post29131

Ritual using alchemy and the modern periodic table.

Dmitri Mendeleev is sent from "the other side".

Axismundi000
04-04-2013, 08:50 PM
Axismundi000:
“I basically just did the NC formula he published on-line. It does not surprise me that it didn't work, however I don't know why the salt didn't re-dissolve. Especially as I accidentally knocked the flask mixing the solid and fluid together again.”

Often things don’t go as expected in the lab. Lots of variables are at play. Little mistakes or changes or variances will cause differing results. All of his formulations were ordinary chemistry experiments, many cobbled from RAMS documents. Experimentation in the lab is good to gain operator experience. Improper finesse at regulating heat will certainly change the results. There are things what will fly in the heat and you want them separate from the things that fly apart in the heat. The things that fly apart are poisonous polycyclic polymers that need to be reassembled alchemically.

Axismundi000:
“I take the point that Fryer Bacon makes that Alchemy does not really need Ritual Magic added to it. This I consider to be the pure Alchemy approach, so I am not a pure Alchemist. As a Ritual Magician I seek to bring my established skill set to the practice of Alchemy; a number of interesting avenues are presented. As we say in the UK it is 'worth a punt'.”

I believe Fryer Bacon (Rogerus) was referring to “conjuring” where formulas and spells are wishful thinking creatively manipulated by attention attracting props, all done for the aggrandizement of the conjuror.
He refers to Nature and Art. Nature is the Grand dame Magician of the Universe and the Art of the alchemist is to play with Her Magic.

lwowl

With regard to variability of experimental conditions I am using modern lab gear not some jury-rig. However thank-you for putting thought to my question. I had no idea what the full context of Fryer Bacon's comments were (or who he actually is or was). It seems that there is a lot of valuable discussion occurring on this thread for many, but not myself. Therefore I shall not contribute further on this particular thread, but I shall continue to read with great interest what others may choose to post.

lwowl
04-05-2013, 02:47 AM
With regard to variability of experimental conditions I am using modern lab gear not some jury-rig. However thank-you for putting thought to my question. I had no idea what the full context of Fryer Bacon's comments were (or who he actually is or was). It seems that there is a lot of valuable discussion occurring on this thread for many, but not myself. Therefore I shall not contribute further on this particular thread, but I shall continue to read with great interest what others may choose to post.

Chap. VIII
Of obscuring the Mysteries of Art and Nature:
After an enumeration of some few examples concerning the prevalency of Nature and Art (that by these few we may gather many,) by these parts the whole; and so from particulars, universals, which will demonstrate the unnecessary aspiring to Magick, since both Nature and Art afford such sufficiencies. I shall now endeavour a methodical precedure in singulars, having open both the cause and waye; in particular: and yet I will call to mind how as (of Nature) are not committed to Goats-skins and Sheep-pelts, that every clown may understand them, if we follow Socrates or Aristotle. For the latter in his Secreta Secretarum affirmes, He breaketh the heavenly Seal, who communicateth the Secrets of Nature and Art; the disclosing of Secrets and Mysteries, producing many inconveniencies. In this case Aulus Gellus in Noct. Attic. de Collatione Sapiextum, sayes, It’s but folly to profer Lettices to an Asse, since hee’s content with his Thistles. Et in lib. lapidum, The divulging of Mysteries is the diminution of their Magestry, nor indeed continues that to be a Secret, of which the whole fry of men is conscious.
For that which all men, which wise, and the more noted of men affirme is truth. That therefore which is held by the multitude, as a multitude, must be false; I mean of that multitude, which is distinct from knowing men. The multitude, it’s true, agree with wise men in the more vulgar conceptions of their mind; but when they ascend to the proper principles and conclusions of Sciences and Arts, they much different (striving to get onley the appearances of Sophismes and subtilities of which wise men altogether reject.) And this their ignorance of the proprieties and Secrets, makes the division from knowing men. Though the common conception of the mind, have all one Rule and Agreement with knowing men. Yet as for common things, they are of small value, nor enquirable for themselves, but rather for particular and proper ends.
The Reason then, why wise men have obscured their Mysteries from the multitude, was, because of their deriding and slighting of wise mens Secrets of wisdome, being also ignorant to make a right use of such excellent matters. For if an accident help them to the knowledge of a worthy Mystery, they rest and abuse it to the manifold inconvenience of persons and communities. Hee’s then not discreet, who writes any Secret, unless he conceal it from the vulgar, and make the more intelligent pay some labor and sweat before they understand it. In this stream the whole fleet of wise men have sailed from the beginning of all, obscuring many wayes the abstruser parts of wisdome from the capacity of the generality. Some by Characters and Verses have delivered many Secrets. Others by aenigmatical and figurative words, as Aristotle sayes, (in lib. Secret, O Alexander, I shall disclose to you the greatest of Secrets, which it becomes you by divine Assistance to keep secret, and perfect the thing proposed. Take then the Stone, which is no Stone, which is in every man, and in every place, and in all times; and it shall be called the Philosophers Egge, and the Terminus Ovi. And thus we find multitudes of things obscured in the Writings and Sciences of men, which no man without his Teacher can unvail.
Thirdly, They have obscured their Secrets by their manner of Writing, as by Constanants without Vowels, none knowing how to read them, unless he know the signification of those words. Thus the Hebrews, Caldees, Arabians, nay the major part of men do most an end write their Secrets, which causeth a great obscurity amongst them, especially amongst the Hebrews. For as Aristotle sayes in his fore recited Book, God gave them all manner of wisdome long before they were Philosophers; And all Nations had their Orginals of Philosophy from the Hebrews, as Albumazar in ilb. Introductorii Majoris; and other Philosophers, with Josephus lib. I & lib. 8. Antiquit. make evident.
Fourthly, This obscuring is occasioned by the mixture of several sorts of Letters for so the Ethnick Astronomer hid his knowledge, writing in Greek and Latine Letters altogether.
Fifthly, This obscuring was by their inventing other letters, then those which were in use in their own, or any other Nation, being framed meerly by the pattern of their own fancy, which surely is the greatest impediment; yet this was the practice of Artefius in lib. de Secretis Naturae.
Sixthly, they used not the Characters of Letters, but other Geometircal Characters, which have the power of Letters according to the several Position and Points, and Markes, And these he likewise made use of.
Seventhly, There is a greater Art of obscuring, which is called Ars Notoria, which is the Art of Noting and Writing, with what brevity, and in what manner we desire. This way the Latines have delivered many things. I held it necessary to touch at these obscurings, because it may fall out, I shall thorow the magnitude of our Secrets discourse this way, that so I may help you so farre as I may.
[Frier Bacon His Discovery of the Miracles of Art, Nature, and Magick; Faithfully translated out of Dr. Dees own Copy, by T.M. and never before in English; London, 1659]

Electric Wizard
04-11-2013, 03:53 PM
A wizard has fallen?

Somebody tell me in a message how his fall happened.

The 'downfall of wizards' is a tale which always interests me.

Kiorionis
04-15-2013, 12:31 PM
I am very interested in creating powerful elixers for environmental healing, especially the ocean as water is a major carrier of consciousness around the world. I am referring to Dr Emotos work, The messages in water, as well as two other books, how to make sacred water and the holy order of water, both of which I got off Amazon. This awaereness of the powerful marriage of spirit and matter using magic and alchemy can renew this tired world, renew sick societies and create right relationship on all levels of creation. This is a deep and holy work. Perhaps this the true service of the Water-Bearer.

It's a little heavy into mathematics (which I ignored), but you might find this short essay interesting:
Electromagnetic Ocean Effects (www.geomag.us/info/Smaus/Doc/ocean_encycl.pdf)

Kiorionis
04-15-2013, 12:36 PM
Hi lowl,

The ocean carries consciousness in the currents. Even more so the ocean that flows in the inner sea of your spinal fluid. In the caverns of the ventricles meaningful Light bubbles forth from Eternal Springs and that is what your mind sees; that is your Ocean. At least that is how I see.

lwowl

this meaningful light bubbling forth from the Eternal Spring, is it like multicolored waves which collapse on themselves or expand from a center point?
It would be a great help if I knew more about this part of inner Taoist alchemy rather than going off intuition (not that I'm worried about relying on intuition, just that I'm curious).

Donna Matrix
04-15-2013, 09:47 PM
I cannot separate the waters in the ocean from the waters of my astral body, much less the spinal fluid circulating in my ventricles, or my bladder. Its all water. And it needs to be evolved to carry healing and awakening. Thank you for your thoughts. I hope to make a wave! Blessed be!

lwowl
04-16-2013, 05:48 PM
Hi lowl,

this meaningful light bubbling forth from the Eternal Spring, is it like multicolored waves which collapse on themselves or expand from a center point?
It would be a great help if I knew more about this part of inner Taoist alchemy rather than going off intuition (not that I'm worried about relying on intuition, just that I'm curious).

When you have thoughts what does your mind see. Do you see the light?
As one folds in from the Macrocosm to the Microcosm, Body sheds mass for it can’t get through the Portal or Pore. Only pure information goes through.
The Microcosm is populated by the Philosophical Principles: Spirit, Soul, and Body. They are the origins of Energy/Matter/Mass that populate the Macrocosm.
Light is the only constant in the Macrocosm of events. Light is the only Matter in the Microcosm—matter being a Philosophical hybrid of Spirit/Soul/Body; e.g.: “What is the matter with you?” (rhetorical).
The Cave of Eternal Springs is one way of describing the ventricles of the brain. The Ocean of spinal fluid originates there. My mind sees Volatile Sulfur (Imagination) as light that has meaning. My mind feels Fixed Sulfur (Will) in concord with the meaning within the light that bubbles up. The bubbles are colorful spheres expanding from points popping arrays of information very geometric in the flux of meaning to my Mind. The Points, Spheres, and Arrays assemble into Waves of meaning that one rides navigating the Universe of infinite possibilities.
As above, so below: The information system generated by the physical machine (in the Macrocosm: Body of Man) through which we perceive is itself an epiphenomenon of the First Matter: Intelligent Light. So let there be Light!

From Better Living Through Alchemy:
“Question: I have read Taoist books which all urge the development of the light in the original cavity or center of the spirit (tsu ch’iao, in the center of the brain between and behind the eyes) at the start of practice but I do not see why. All Taoist schools regard this as the aim of the cultivation of (essential) nature without giving details. Will you please tell me where true nature actually manifests?
“Answer: (The tsu ch’aio cavity in) the center of the brain branches out into two minor channels on its left and right; the left one stands for t’ai chi (supreme ultimate) and the right one for ch’ung ling (immaterial spirit); they are linked with the t’ien ku (heavenly valley) center above them and the yung chuan (bubbling spring) centers in the soles of the feet after running through the heart in the chest.
“The Tan Ching says: ‘Nature is (in) the heart and manifests through the eyes; life is (in) the lower abdomen and manifests through the genital organ.’
“(Essential) nature is spiritual vitality in the heart that manifests through the two channels from the center of the brain. So when seeing is concentrated on the spot between the eyes, the light of (essential) nature manifests and will, after a long training, unite with (eternal) life to become one whole. This union is called seeing the void that is not empty and he who is not awakened to this union will achieve nothing in his practice.”
In the center of the brain there exists a system of interconnected symmetrical cavities called ventricles. Within the ventricles flows an inner sea of light emitting nutriments that feed and protect the brain. This inner sea of Cerebro-Spinal Fluid, CSF, circulates through the brain and the spinal column. The Lateral ventricles are shaped somewhat like tuning forks. When the power of the three treasures are in resonance at threshold amplitude in the lateral ventricles energy vortex fields expand along the axis of the Sylvius Fissures. Then the Supreme Ultimate and Immaterial Spirit activate.

“Individuals respond to the intensity of light as it enters the eye and affects the visual purple and makes its way to the cerebral cortex via the optic nerves and to the pituitary gland via a network of nerve fibers that originate in the nucleus of the retina.
It is well known that light emission is related to lipid peroxidation in biological material, and that this process occurs spontaneously in the brain. There is an inner sea, Cerebro-Spinal Fluid, where GOD sprinkles light in the sweet nourishment that feeds the brain. Lipids in the inner sea emit photons with wavelengths 420-450, 475-485, 510-540, 560-580, 625-640 nanometers during the processes of oxygenation creating chemiluminescence. Those wavelengths of blue, green, yellow and red light are effervescent scintillations into the inner sea where no eye can see even though the Mind does.
Every nerve fiber connecting the billions of neurons is a coil containing chains of highly unsaturated fatty acids that carry clouds of de-localized electrons called pi electrons. The clouds of pi electrons carry electrostatic forces and emit photons as fields of energy wave over them in the chaos of sensory input/response. The Mind sorts out the Chaos into a Cosmos flow illuminated by light the Mind’s I can see. When two photons are in resonance they can unite forming a short lived particle known as π0 particle which can break up into two photons again, without mass, as a pure wave motion. Herein lies the foundation for the Theory of Relativity. This is the portal to the Microcosm.”

lwowl

lwowl
04-16-2013, 09:19 PM
I cannot separate the waters in the ocean from the waters of my astral body, much less the spinal fluid circulating in my ventricles, or my bladder. Its all water. And it needs to be evolved to carry healing and awakening. Thank you for your thoughts. I hope to make a wave! Blessed be!

No need for separation when you are making waves:)
Some of us just have a need to know the mechanics for the machine we operate. All you really need is the operator’s manual.
The whole of the Universe is Magical. Chaos-to-Order is Magic. The fact that physics works is Magic. At the core of quantum mechanics is the magic of the Uncertainty principle.

lwowl

solomon levi
04-17-2013, 10:25 AM
"The Cave of Eternal Springs is one way of describing the ventricles of the brain."

"the wind (latin 'ventus') carries it in its belly" is another. ;)