PDA

View Full Version : Breakdown

Awani
04-15-2013, 11:19 AM
The people I rent the hosting from decided to move the forum to another location and the warning was so close to the actual move that I did not have time to post a warning about this. So we were not hacked, we have just moved to, apparently, a better location so the forum will work faster.

It is good if everyone with Facebook likes the forum on there, that way I can communicate to everyone if things like this happens again.

Click: ALCHEMY FORUMS on FACEBOOK (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alchemy-Forums/128251863915517)

:cool:

Andro
04-15-2013, 11:33 AM
Apparently, the VERY LAST posts (1 or 2 posts at most) were lost during the move, as well as possibly a few PM's (I lost the last two PM's).

I can only assume these were lost because they were posted/sent AFTER the host performed the pre-move backup.

No biggie. All seems OK now. But just in case you sent a PM just before the 'blackout', you might want to re-send...

Awani
04-15-2013, 12:09 PM
Ok. Didn't know that.

Kiorionis
04-15-2013, 12:39 PM
I just now got a database error when I posted a response, but it seems my comment posted.
It also happened when I clicked the 'go to last post' icon from the index page.
doesn't happen every time though.
don't know what that's about or it it needs looking into.

Brennus
04-15-2013, 04:22 PM
The people I rent the hosting from decided to move the forum to another location and the warning was so close to the actual move that I did not have time to post a warning about this. So we were not hacked, we have just moved to, apparently, a better location so the forum will work faster.

It is good if everyone with Facebook likes the forum on there, that way I can communicate to everyone if things like this happens again.

Click: ALCHEMY FORUMS on FACEBOOK (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alchemy-Forums/128251863915517)

Are the forums on Facebook closed or open?

zoas23
04-16-2013, 05:05 PM
O.K.... "liked it!".

Are the forums on Facebook closed or open?

It looks that it's a "page", not a "group".
Pages are always "open" as far as I know... and you get notifications from the pages you "like".