PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade 2013

Awani
04-22-2013, 11:47 AM
A few days ago the forum broke down (see: http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?3533-Breakdown), this is because there are several bugs. The techs fixed these but they have not upgraded the forum yet.

I haven't upgraded the forum for so long that it has become a dinosaur and therefore weak concerning security. So there will be an upgrade done anytime soon. So please be prepared that the forum might look weird or not work for a few days.

:cool:

Illen A. Cluf
04-28-2013, 05:25 PM
A few days ago the forum broke down (see: http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?3533-Breakdown), this is because there are several bugs. The techs fixed these but they have not upgraded the forum yet.

I haven't upgraded the forum for so long that it has become a dinosaur and therefore weak concerning security. So there will be an upgrade done anytime soon. So please be prepared that the forum might look weird or not work for a few days.

There still seems to be a problem with the update. Every time I post a message, I immediately get a message from the forum saying that I have to wait 30 seconds between posting messages, even though I was not posting a second message. If I go back to the formum, I see that the first message was posted properly.

Update: This also happened with this message.

Awani
04-28-2013, 05:45 PM
The upgrade has not happened yet.

Illen A. Cluf
04-28-2013, 09:37 PM
The upgrade has not happened yet.

That's odd, because I never had that problem before.

Awani
04-28-2013, 09:44 PM
There are bugs due to the fact we have not upgraded for a long time.

Awani
05-05-2013, 01:58 PM
It has not happened yet... there are some issues before they can do it... but now they will fix something any moment so beware... this will hopefully sort out all the bugs that there are.

Andro
05-05-2013, 02:22 PM
this will hopefully sort out all the bugs that there are.

Including the issue of directly uploading images/attachments, hopefully...

Illen A. Cluf
05-05-2013, 09:06 PM
Including the issue of directly uploading images/attachments, hopefully...

Great news!Especially about uploading images.

Illen

Illen A. Cluf
05-05-2013, 09:08 PM
Great news!Especially about uploading images.

Illen

Actually, there is still a bug that I reported earlier. After responding (above message), I got the following message:

The following errors occurred with your submission

This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 30 seconds.

...even though the message DID post.

(Same thing happened with this message)

Awani
05-07-2013, 12:01 AM
Working now?

Illen A. Cluf
05-07-2013, 12:27 AM
Working now?

Trying again .. will report result through editing of this message.

Result - works perfectly! Good work!

Awani
05-07-2013, 12:42 AM
My bug of every post I post becomes a double is gone as well.

Don't applaud me... some tech guy that I've never met is doing this stuff for me. Way out of my league... LOL!

Illen A. Cluf
05-08-2013, 12:58 AM
My bug of every post I post becomes a double is gone as well.

Don't applaud me... some tech guy that I've never met is doing this stuff for me. Way out of my league... LOL!

I can still applaud you for arranging to have it repaired so quickly :-)

EDIT: Darn - spoke too soon - the bug is back again.

Awani
07-29-2013, 11:53 PM
Ok I have now paid for the upgrade and downloaded it. So now I am just waiting for the tech people to install it (after doing a back up).

WARNING

The 5.0 vBulletin looks a bit different, but this is a forum about changes (transformation = alchemy) so please keep an open mind. The forums will look a bit different and confusing in the beginning. But the future is coming so we have to move along with it. In the end it is the content that matters. And if we don't upgrade the bugs will increase and the forums will eventually break down...

It will take me a few days also to do the LAYOUT so we feel a bit more at home than the DEFAULT LAYOUT that comes with the 5.0 upgrade. In a while I'll also buy the App Upgrade which will make it easier for all of you that use the forums on your phones (I do that a lot).

All this is expensive so if you have a buck to spare please donate: DONATE (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?1703-Donate%21)

During all these years that I have had this forum I have never turned a profit (and it is not my intention to do so either), but what I am trying to say is that even though I get donations now and again it never ever fully covers the costs to host this place. So any money sent my way will be appreciated. It will go directly into the forums (costs like URL, vBulletin license and technical support). Thanks!

Andro
07-29-2013, 11:56 PM
Are you getting the latest version? I think it's 5.0.3

Awani
07-29-2013, 11:57 PM
Not sure. I could only buy the 5.0

But upgrades of 5.0 versions are free... so I guess once it is installed I can upgrade it again?

Andro
07-30-2013, 12:08 AM
so I guess once it is installed I can upgrade it again?

Apparently 5.0.3 was announced just a month ago (June 2013)... with lots of bug fixes...

Awani
07-30-2013, 07:19 PM
All this is expensive so if you have a buck to spare please donate: DONATE (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?1703-Donate%21)

During all these years that I have had this forum I have never turned a profit (and it is not my intention to do so either), but what I am trying to say is that even though I get donations now and again it never ever fully covers the costs to host this place. So any money sent my way will be appreciated. It will go directly into the forums (costs like URL, vBulletin license and technical support). Thanks!

Just got a nice donation. Thanks!

Awani
08-03-2013, 02:53 AM
Got one more! Thanks!

Awani
08-03-2013, 09:09 AM
Wow, one more donation. Thank you all.

But I can't figure out who this last donation is from so if you have donated and want to be given more PM space, a sexy user title under your name etc... please send me an e-mail.

Please see this: http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?3722-Alchemy-Forums-is-back!!!