PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Xpoferens

Xpoferens
04-23-2013, 05:26 PM
Greetings to all! Very pleased to be accepted into the group. After scanning some of the posts here I can see it is a place for serious seekers and students. I have Fulcanelli to thank for my introduction to the Art having read Mystery of the Cathedrals many years ago. I have since been on a path of spiritual or speculative alchemy and thought it was high time to roll up my sleeves and delve into the other side of the equation. I am a 20+ year student of Hermeticism, Masonry, Gnosticism, and other -isms. but I have little practical experience in chemistry aside from basic classes in high school and college, so I expect I have much to learn. I hope there will not be too much collective groaning if I mention that the Book of Aquarius led me here. I admit I found it very inspiring besides the fact that the author admitted he has never completed the work himself. I am currently reading A.E. Waite's "Collectanea Chemica", and it seems some of those collections agree with the "Urine Theory". I look forward to meeting others here and hope to add positively to the discussions and glean much from the collected wisdom here. All best to everyone. Chris "Xpoferens".

Andro
04-23-2013, 07:12 PM
Hello Chris "Xpoferens", and welcome to Alchemy Forums!

I hope there will not be too much collective groaning if I mention that the Book of Aquarius led me here.

I'd say that what led you to where you are is merely the foundation of where you will take it to... We all come from 'somewhere' ... So, no groaning, at least not from my end :)

I admit I found it very inspiring besides the fact that the author admitted he has never completed the work himself.

I hope the Author of that book will continue to work and discover the 'keys' he is still missing from his practice and understanding.
Although I don't see myself working with urine again any time soon, I do support this work as a good/valid foundation and entry gate into the world of Alchemy.

I am currently reading A.E. Waite's "Collectanea Chemica", and it seems some of those collections agree with the "Urine Theory".

I also strongly recommend reading 'The Golden Chain Of Homer' as one the the more wide-scoped and fundamental expositions of this Art.

I look forward to meeting others here and hope to add positively to the discussions and glean much from the collected wisdom here.

There are indeed many little 'treasures', scattered throughout the pages of this site. I hope you will find what you need to move forward.

Once again, welcome!

Lunsola
04-23-2013, 11:52 PM
Welcome to the forums Chris.

I too began to study alchemy after reading the Book of Aquarius back in 2011. I was very much caught by the author's passion to prove alchemy as a working science. Until then I really had no idea there were any texts on alchemy or that anyone took it seriously. I quickly dropped his process and took up study of older texts and a few modern ones. I was a member of his forum and sometimes posted until he froze it. He wasn't completely wrong about everything and I tried to help but he would not listen.

Good luck on your quest for more knowledge.

Krisztian
04-24-2013, 12:42 AM
. . . I have Fulcanelli to thank for my introduction to the Art having read Mystery of the Cathedrals many years ago.

That name, Fulcanelli, that character, is shrouded in much modernday mystery that it is difficult not to investigate or be inspired by. There're some sections that pertain to him on this Forum.

I am a 20+ year student of Hermeticism, Masonry, Gnosticism. . . .

Masonry has been somewhat neglected as of recent posts, the topic that is, maybe you can revive some good discussions? Do you belong to a lodge?

Gnosticism is also one of my passions of my early years, would be happy to read what you have to write about it. I'm more intrigued by the experience of gnosis these days, but intellectual pursuits are also welcomed.

I hope there will not be too much collective groaning if I mention that the Book of Aquarius led me here. . . .

I suppose one could say as the old saying would have it, every road leads to Rome eventually!

Welcome! Enjoy. Thanks for introducing yourself, Xpoferens.

Xpoferens
04-26-2013, 03:44 PM
Thank you for the welcome Androgynus! And for the recommendations. Searching Golden Chain of homer now. All best!

Xpoferens
04-26-2013, 03:45 PM
Thanks for the good wishes Lunsola. Glad I am not the only one brought her by Aquarius. All best to you!

Xpoferens
04-26-2013, 04:21 PM
Greetings Krisztian. Yes I am a member of Oriental Lodge #33 out of Chicago, though I no longer live in that part of the country. I also belong to the Scottish and York Rites. I am also a student of Michael Bertiaux for over a decade who was instrumental in my introduction to Gnosticism through his unique blend of Voudon and Gnosticism and obscure Masonic Orders such as Martinez Pasqually's Rite of the Elus Coen. Pasqually's "Reintegration of Being" is an interesting read if you can find it. I think it has many applications to spiritual alchemy, although it is an incomplete work and the ideas were still being fleshed out when Pasqually died in Haiti. As for Gnosticism, the Nag Hammadi Library is always a source of inspiration, I find The Thunder: Perfect Mind particularly intriguing! All best to you, I look forward to many future discussions and discoveries!