PDA

View Full Version : Alchemical, Occult, Arcane, and/or New Age Interpretation(s) of Song Lyrics & Videos

LostGnosticOccultum
04-28-2013, 03:02 AM
I know we have the alchemical YouTube thread, but we don't really describe the meanings of the songs as in the lyrics. So I am making this thread to be on the interpretation of song lyrics.
*Also a little side note* the interpretation of a specific song is unique to each individual and I feel that even the lyrics are subjective to small changes for when we here the song without the lyrics it may sound as though that are saying something that that are not.

I would like to start with the song Radioactive by Imagine Dragons

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktvTqknDobU&feature=player_detailpage

Radioactive

"I'm waking up to ash and dust
I wipe my brow and I sweat my rust
I'm breathing in the chemicals

I'm breaking in, shaping up, then checking out on the prison bars
This is it, the apocalypse
Whoa

I'm waking up, I feel it in my bones
Enough to make my systems go
Welcome to the new age, to the new age

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, I'm radioactive, radioactive

I raise my flags, don my clothes
It's a revolution, I suppose
We're painted red to fit right in
Whoa

I'm breaking in, shaping up, then checking out on the prison bars
This is it, the apocalypse
Whoa

All systems go, the sun hasn't died
Deep in my bones, straight from inside

The Hindus predict our current age will come to an end and be followed by a “New Age,” an “Age of Truth,” they call “Satya Yuga.” Our current, sin-ridden epoch is referred to as Kali Yuga.

Notice in the music video the stuffed animals are afraid of the big purple one. The people betting on all of it are basically making money off of the fear the other stuffed animals have for the big purple one. The man with the cigar is controlling the others by spreading this fear.

Fear is what religions associate with evil.

However, as we're “welcome(ed) to ‘The New Age’” of Satya Yuga, we will see that age of evil, Kali Yuga come to an end.

Where the lyrics say, “it’s a revolution I suppose,” it's a change in the world. Hindus predict an apocalyptic figure that they refer to as “Kalki” (translates to destroyer of ignorance). Christians predict an “antichrist” to usher the apocalypse. This Kalki is expected to be appealing to the eyes, be born in Sambhal (which translates to “of the forehead”). The antichrist is predicted to have a mark on his forehead, and look like a lamb (metaphor for innocent/sweet looking). Just read between the lines as much as possible:
*Kalki – He'll be “born of the forehead”, be appealing to the eyes, and change the world in the apocalypse.
*Antichrist – He's predicted to have a mark on his forehead, “look like a lamb” (ie look innocent), and end up bringing the apocalypse.

This just sounds too eerily similar to ignore or write off as a coincidence. It makes me wanna keep my eye out for some charismatic man with a mark on his forehead. Lol
Notice in the music video the oppressive leader running the fights and bets is sometimes wearing a cross around his neck, and sometimes not. The fact that this symbol was recognized enough to be taken on and off for different scenes indicates that he poses as the “good guy when he sees fit and other times shows his true nature just like the Anti-Christ is predicted to do.

The Mayans predicted something significant to happen in the world around this time period, the Hindus foretell of an “Age of Truth” to come after the age we are currently in, and Christians predict an apocalypse. It’s up to you whether you perceive it as good or bad. “This is it, the apocalypse.” Satya Yuga is dawning near.

Also the Meaning of “I'm waking up, I feel it in my bones, enough to make my systems go” “I’m Radioactive, Radioactive,” in my mind if linked to this:

2012 DNA Changes: The Secrets of Carbon 7

Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajZ6KsLoHXk

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8080/8261158218_de7d0d9ae7.jpg (http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8080/8261158218_de7d0d9ae7_b.jpg)
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8395/8685764241_62214c9a41_n.jpg (http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8395/8685764241_62214c9a41_z.jpg)
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8126/8685764027_752162e062_n.jpg (http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8126/8685764027_752162e062_z.jpg)

GOD Bless, LGO

Kiorionis
04-30-2013, 01:25 PM
I enjoyed your interpretation.

Where the lyrics say, “it’s a revolution I suppose,” it's a change in the world. Hindus predict an apocalyptic figure that they refer to as “Kalki” (translates to destroyer of ignorance). Christians predict an “antichrist” to usher the apocalypse. This Kalki is expected to be appealing to the eyes, be born in Sambhal (which translates to “of the forehead”). The antichrist is predicted to have a mark on his forehead, and look like a lamb (metaphor for innocent/sweet looking). Just read between the lines as much as possible:
*Kalki – He'll be “born of the forehead”, be appealing to the eyes, and change the world in the apocalypse.
*Antichrist – He's predicted to have a mark on his forehead, “look like a lamb” (ie look innocent), and end up bringing the apocalypse.

This part especially caught my eye. Before I found the straight path (alchemy) I considered myself atheist, or at least made a strong move towards atheism from my Lutheran upbringing. Looking back on it now in this context, the idea to move toward atheism was all about destroying the 'implanted ignorance of my upbringing'. It was very appealing, and not at all chaotic -- the antri-christ as looking like a lamb?

I suppose rather than a world-wide apocalypse I'm thinking of a personal revolution in thought. A calcination/putrefaction of ideas and false or misleading knowledge.

LostGnosticOccultum
04-30-2013, 08:50 PM
I enjoyed your interpretation.
Thank you, I've had this on my mind for a while now but couldn't figure out the best way to organize my thoughts on it until the other day.

This part especially caught my eye. Before I found the straight path (alchemy) I considered myself atheist, or at least made a strong move towards atheism from my Lutheran upbringing. Looking back on it now in this context, the idea to move toward atheism was all about destroying the 'implanted ignorance of my upbringing'. It was very appealing, and not at all chaotic -- the antri-christ as looking like a lamb?
Yeah it is very appealing and even freeing to renounce the lies that have been taught to you throughout your life/childhood, however it is a greater deception to have renounced the truths in your beliefs than to stay ignorant to the fallacies that have been taught to you.

I suppose rather than a world-wide apocalypse I'm thinking of a personal revolution in thought. A calcination/putrefaction of ideas and false or misleading knowledge.
Yes, I believe this to be true. This "apocalypse" is an "Awakening" {lyrics; "t's a revolution I suppose..., I'm Waking Up, I feel it in my bones"} on and INDIVIDUAL level. This Apocalyptic Revolution will be/is a World-Wide collective "Awakening" of individuals thus creating, in time, a total reform of ALL governments a societies. This Will BE the the "New Age" of Satya Yuga.

GOD Bless, LGO

Dragonsblood
06-01-2014, 10:02 AM
The lyrics are basic and repetitive but keep picking up an alchemical element to this song:

"Brother / Sister" - AVICII

Hey brother, there’s an endless road to re-discover.
Hey sister, know the water's sweet but blood is thicker.
Oh, if the sky comes falling down for you,
There’s nothing in this world I wouldn’t do.

Hey brother, do you still believe in one another?
Hey sister, do you still believe in love, I wonder?

What if I'm far from home?
Oh, brother I will hear you call.
What if I lose it all?
Oh, sister I will help you out!

Hey brother, there’s an endless road to re-discover.
Hey sister, do you still believe in love, I wonder?

What if I'm far from home?
Oh, brother I will hear you call.
What if I lose it all?
Oh, sister I will help you out!