PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from South Carolina

FraterP.I.
05-02-2013, 08:58 PM
Ever since I was a small child I have had a fascination with the occult arts. I have studied the works of Crowley as well as Celtic Wicca. I have always been on my own considering the area in which I live is not necessarily hospitable to dedicated occultists. That is not to say that there are not a few about, they just keep their heads down. During a particularly drunken period of my life, I made a friend who studies alchemy. He and I spent a considerable amount of time exchanging ideas (his from Alchemy and mine from a mixture of Qabbalism and Wicca). After becoming disillusioned with both prior paths (and finely sobered up), I took a sabbatical and am now looking toward Alchemy. Ultimately, my goal is personal evolution. First, and foremost, I am an explorer. Sometimes things explode around me but there's always something left to examine and learn from. Not having a proper teacher of any sort, I rely heavily on intuition and my limited understanding. Even when it deviates from accepted procedure. This may take me the long way from A to B but it is sure to be a fascinating journey.

I hope to learn much from my new companions here. In darkness and light, from abyss to abyss. I bid you well.

Lunsola
05-02-2013, 09:39 PM
Welcome to the alchemy forums!

There's a lot of cool stuff spread out around here and a lot of interesting people to get to know. I too come from an esoteric type of background before I came to alchemy. Some things definitely helped me in that area. My location also provides little access to similar people and lifestyle but we're always out there somewhere so don't give up.

Krisztian
05-02-2013, 11:59 PM
Ever since I was a small child I have had a fascination with the occult arts. . .

I as well. There's something about it that speaks to that forgotten part of ourselves.

. . . my goal is personal evolution. . .

Then exploring alchemy you sure are in the right Art. You'll find some interesting Threads here, one or two insightful comments (based on experience) that one just cannot learn in books or classes.

Welcome!

Kiorionis
05-03-2013, 12:03 AM
Welcome to the forums!

LostGnosticOccultum
05-03-2013, 04:47 AM
Ever since I was a small child I have had a fascination with the occult arts. . .
I as well. There's something about it that speaks to that forgotten part of ourselves.
This is how it was for me also, i got into alchemy from a young age and got out for a while (although i had no idea what i was doing or what to call it), I can remember that i used to collect rain and put leaves in it until it changed colors and then drink it, my mom didn't like this though and made me stop (as the stubborn Scorpio I am I got back into it when I was older and understood it though XD )
The Arts do seem to call out to us :)

During a particularly drunken period of my life, I made a friend who studies alchemy. He and I spent a considerable amount of time exchanging ideas (his from Alchemy and mine from a mixture of Qabbalism and Wicca)
Ah this sound like how I got into alchemy when I was older. I had been going through some tough stuff and found Seth-Ra who taught me about alchemy. I was actually into Angel/Fallen Angel magick at the time of my meeting Seth-Ra

. . . my goal is personal evolution. . .Then exploring alchemy you sure are in the right Art. You'll find some interesting Threads here, one or two insightful comments (based on experience) that one just cannot learn in books or classes.

Welcome!
I consider it more of a rEvolution but yes I agree.
And as Krisztian said some things you find here will not be in any books you read and/or classes.

You sound you're a lot like me and I look forward to seeing if this is true and seeing us grow together in Alchemical progression :)

WELCOME! And GOD Bless, LGO

Awani
05-03-2013, 12:21 PM
Welcome!

:cool:

Andro
05-03-2013, 12:24 PM
Hello and welcome from me, too.

I hope you'll enjoy your time here.

Looking forward to what you may have to share.

A.

Donna Matrix
05-03-2013, 04:59 PM
Blessed be to all the shiners in South Carolina from the land of potheads, fruits and nuts. Bienvenidos hombre!

FraterP.I.
05-24-2013, 02:55 AM
Thank you for the warm welcome to everyone who replied. I look forward to interacting with all of you in times to come.

I have learned a great deal through browsing threads. Much I still don't understand but I'm too stubborn to just let go. It's the Scorpio in me too.

@Donna, I would make a comment about the shiners but my brother does it so I'm screwed on that point. Potheads...yeah, got plenty of them too but North Carolina has us beat on that one. Fruits and nuts, yeah.... you got us there. LOL.

Again, THANK YOU to everyone.
In darkness and light.