PDA

View Full Version : Blood and Alchemy

FraterP.I.
05-02-2013, 10:00 PM
Inspired by LeoRetilus's post "The Test of Blood", I recall all the stories I've heard over the years regarding blood in magickal works. It's always been somewhat of a taboo. I'm wondering if anybody here has any practical experience with using blood (their own, preferably, I don't want to be an accessory to anything) in any experiments other than transmuting gold. If so, what results did you end up with?

Crowned Lion 6&4
05-03-2013, 03:55 AM
Uhh I kinda have an answer for you lol. Urine is Filtered blood, I have experience with alchemy via Gw paths. but not directly with blood. I know that there has to be a fixed salt in blood as well as a volatile one, and when combined can dissolve metals without violence. but I read somewhere that an Alchemist said that god developed a way to obtain what is in man without the violence of bleeding via urinating. And more of this can be studied in John Armstrongs book "the waters of life" and in the Shivambu (Divine nectar) manuscripts, also if one has much confusion on Alchemy and doesnt want to study the Labrynth he can always drink the waters of his cistern(the waters of everlasting life) which in the shivambu book it describes amazing powers one gains after practicing this therapy for a long time which sounds very similar to the powers one attains after he takes the philosophers stone. So you all may have that if you wish, it just takes a lot longer 12 to 13 years is around the time you become some ultimate christ like being. And speaking of CHRIST:) many quotes from our savior are saying to drink Urine, but more with a delicate speech which is way understandable lol to a regular person thinking of drinkig their Urine well I think most know the reaction.

Donna Matrix
05-03-2013, 04:48 PM
There are many ways to use blood in magic. One is in the creation of a homunculus and its feeding with the blood of its creator.. When the creator dies, it will die as well. This is dangerous and one of my teachers said that a homunculus destroyed a town in Europe during mideval times because it was inappropriately programmed. Also in santeria they use blood sacrifice as a kind of purification in ritual.

My own thinnking is that after you do the plant work and the mineral work and the metal work your own physiology is so changed that you are then able to make the PS, from uriine or blood I cannot say. But urine feels more like mercury and blood feels more like sulfer.

Donna Matrix
05-03-2013, 04:53 PM
There are many ways to use blood in magic. One is in the creation of a homunculus and its feeding with the blood of its creator.. When the creator dies, it will die as well. This is dangerous and one of my teachers said that a homunculus destroyed a town in Europe during mideval times because it was inappropriately programmed. Also in santeria they use blood sacrifice as a kind of purification in ritual.

My own thinnking is that after you do the plant work and the mineral work and the metal work your own physiology is so changed that you are then able to make the PS, from uriine or blood I cannot say. But urine feels more like mercury and blood feels more like sulfer.

Also blood has two parts, the cells and the plasma, one being golden and the other red. I dont see how the red stone cannot contain blood since that is where the individual signture is.

Kiorionis
05-03-2013, 10:59 PM
Also blood has two parts, the cells and the plasma, one being golden and the other red.

I've read that this relationship is like Fire and Water, or Hot and Cold.
and also that concentrated plasma is considered the semen of Shiva.

Seth-Ra
05-04-2013, 12:05 AM
I've read that this relationship is like Fire and Water, or Hot and Cold.
and also that concentrated plasma is considered the semen of Shiva.

Speaking of semen...

(Bold & underlines added for emphasis)

Qigong
Qigong and Chinese medicine place huge emphasis on a form of energy called 精 (pinyin: jīng, also a morpheme denoting "essence" or "spirit") which one attempts to develop and accumulate. "Jing" is sexual energy and is considered to dissipate with ejaculation so masturbation is considered "energy suicide" amongst those who practice this art. According to Qigong theory, energy from many pathways/meridians becomes diverted and transfers itself to the sexual organs during sexual excitement. The ensuing orgasm and ejaculation will then finally expel the energy from the system completely. The Chinese proverb 一滴精,十滴血 (pinyin: y dī jīng, sh dī xu, literally: a drop of semen is equal to ten drops of blood) illustrates this point.
The scientific term for semen in Chinese is 精液 (pinyin: jīng y, literally: fluid of essence/jing) and the term for sperm is 精子 (pinyin: jīng zǐ, literally: basic element of essence/jing), two modern terms with classical referents.

Greek philosophy
In Ancient Greece, Aristotle remarked on the importance of semen: "For Aristotle, semen is the residue derived from nourishment, that is of blood, that has been highly concocted to the optimum temperature and substance. This can only be emitted by the male as only the male, by nature of his very being, has the requisite heat to concoct blood into semen." According to Aristotle, there is a direct connection between food and semen: "Sperms are the excretion of our food, or to put it more clearly, as the most perfect component of our food."
The connection between food and physical growth, on the one hand, and semen, on the other, allows Aristotle to warn against "engag[ing] in sexual activity at too early an age ... [since] this will affect the growth of their bodies. Nourishment that would otherwise make the body grow is diverted to the production of semen.... Aristotle is saying that at this stage the body is still growing; it is best for sexual activity to begin when its growth is 'no longer abundant', for when the body is more or less at full height, the transformation of nourishment into semen does not drain the body of needed material."
Additionally, "Aristotle tells us that the region round the eyes was the region of the head most fruitful of seed ("most seedy" σπερματικώτατος), pointing to generally recognised effects upon the eyes of sexual indulgence and to practices which imply that seed comes from liquid in the region of the eyes." This may be explained by the belief of the Pythagoreans that "semen is a drop of the brain [τὸ δε σπέρμα εἶναι σταγόνα ἐγκέφαλου]."
Greek Stoic philosophy conceived of the Logos spermatikos ("seminal word") as the principle of active reason that fecundated passive matter. The Jewish philosopher Philo similarly spoke in sexual terms of the Logos as the masculine principle of reason that sowed seeds of virtue in the feminine soul.
The Christian Platonist Clement of Alexandria likened the Logos to physical blood as the "substance of the soul," and noted that some held "that the animal semen is substantially foam of its blood". Clement reflected an early Christian view that "the seed ought not be wasted nor scattered thoughtlessly nor sown in a way it cannot grow."
Women were believed to have their own version, which was stored in the womb and released during climax. Retention was believed to cause female hysteria.

And lastly:

(most all of this is interesting, but there is a reference to the "virgin's milk", perhaps ;) )

Sacred semen
In some pre-industrial societies, semen and other body fluids were revered because they were believed to be magical. Blood is an example of such a fluid, but semen was also widely believed to be of supernatural origin and effect and was, as a result, considered holy or sacred.
Dew was once thought to be a sort of rain that fertilized the earth and, in time, became a metaphor for semen. The Bible employs the term "dew" in this sense in such verses as Song of Solomon 5:2 and Psalm 110:3, declaring, in the latter verse, for example, that the people should follow only a king who was virile enough to be full of the "dew" of youth.
It was widely believed, in ancient times, that gemstones were drops of divine semen which had coagulated after having fertilized the earth. There is an ancient Chinese belief that jade, in particular, was the dried semen of the celestial dragon.
Based upon the resemblance of dandelion juice to human semen, it was historically believed that the flower magically promoted the flow of sperm. (This belief probably derives from the doctrine of signatures.)
The orchids twin bulbs were thought to resemble the testicles, and there was an ancient Roman belief that the flower sprang from the spilled semen of copulating satyrs.
Barbara G. Walker recounts these examples of sacred semen in The Womans Dictionary of Symbols and Sacred Objects, the thesis of which is that myth and folklore show a pre-patriarchic rule by women that was later supplanted by masculine culture.
In primitive mythology around the world, semen is very often considered analogous to breast milk in some way. In the traditions of Bali, it is considered to be the returning or refunding of the milk of the mother in an alimentary metaphor. The wife feeds her husband who returns to her his semen, the milk of human kindness, as it were.
In some systems of medical philosophy, such as traditional Russian medicine and the Vital Force theory of Herbert Nowell, semen is regarded as the product of a complex physiological interaction between a man and a woman (rather than merely the product of the male reproductive system).

All of which can also be read here - and the chemical components are of interest also....

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semen

Ive worked with the above, and with blood - very magickal and "odd" things happen when magickally/alchemically working with such things... amazing and scary, depending.

I dont necessarily agree with Aristotle though, that only the man has certain abilities of this fluid - i think it would be interesting to know if any of the ladies have worked with their equivalent in such ways...

I know this thread is on blood, but the correlation between the two is there, as is urine, so i thought it fitting to throw in. :)

~Seth-Ra

Kiorionis
05-04-2013, 12:22 AM
It was very interesting to read, anyways.
Thanks for the information!

LostGnosticOccultum
05-04-2013, 06:25 AM
Somewhat relevant to the topic...

It was a common*folklore*in some countries that mandrake would only grow where the*semen*of a hanged*man had*dripped on to the ground; this would appear to be the reason for the methods employed by the alchemists who "projected human seed into animal earth". In Germany, the plant is known as the Alraune: the novel (later adapted as a film)*Alraune*by*Hanns Heinz Ewersis based on a soulless woman conceived from a hanged man's semen, the title referring to this myth of the Mandrake's origins.

Kiorionis
05-04-2013, 07:10 AM
seems in order for that to be plausible the hanged man must be resurrected.

Donna Matrix
05-05-2013, 12:32 AM
Its interesting to note that there is a white and red stone just as there are white and red sexual fluids.

Menstral blood is very powerful magically. It is the essence of femininity and it has the power to destroy male energies. A santeria practiioner I know wiped her moony vagina on her ex boyfriends toothbrush and wrecked his virility for some time. Even one drop can do it. I have anointed certain sea shells with it and applied pubic hair to dress the shellls then given themm to a statue of Aphrodite to enhance my feminine energies. Many years ago I anointed my whole body with it,, which was very empowering.
This is definately a very interesting area for alchemical exploration..

Donna Matrix
05-05-2013, 12:50 AM
Its interesting to note that there is a white and red stone just as there are white and red sexual fluids.

Menstral blood is very powerful magically. It is the essence of femininity and it has the power to destroy male energies. A santeria practiioner I know wiped her moony vagina on her ex boyfriends toothbrush and wrecked his virility for some time. Even one drop can do it. I have anointed certain sea shells with it and applied pubic hair to dress the shellls then given themm to a statue of Aphrodite to enhance my feminine energies. Many years ago I anointed my whole body with it,, which was very empowering.
This is definately a very interesting area for alchemical exploration..

Donna Matrix
05-06-2013, 07:14 PM
In santeria they sacrifice animals and wash themselves in blood for purification. I have alot of issues with this as this is inherently violent and I beleive attracts primitive energies. The afriican dieties are fed blood by the higher level practioners, sometimes daily sometimes yearly depending on. I stilll have no idea of what alchemists do with it, but it sems to me to be very powerfull alchemically.

FraterP.I.
05-07-2013, 11:34 PM
Thank you everybody for your replies. A slight veer from the original topic but that is what keeps things interesting. While I do not yet have a laboratory set up (many of my components are on order), I certainly agree that it is better to meditate then play. Once I am confident in practical herbal work, I might venture into urine and/or blood work. I promise to report if I summon something I cannot banish and the words "Hey ya'll, watch this" will not be included.