PDA

View Full Version : The Alchemical Text of Jean de Clairefontaine

Tesposinus
05-08-2013, 12:58 PM
Hi, everybody!

I was hoping that someone in here would have some information on where I might get my hands on a copy of Jean de Clairefontaine's Apocalypse: Révélation Alchimique. I've been hunting it down in online bookstores as well as in pdf format (the copyright no longer being an issue, to my knowledge, and thus I was hoping a university library or other would upload scans of an original edition, but alas... ), yet I've had no luck whatsoever so far. Well... that's not entirely true if I don't totally and utterly disregard the two copies I encountered on Amazon.fr which sell for 300 and 469 euros, respectively!

I don't mean to be stingy or anything like that, but if I could get my hands on a copy for less than 100 euros, that would make my day!

So... does anybody know of a good local French bookstore that might have a copy? Some obscure site that might have scans of the original work up for download?

Weidenfeld
05-09-2013, 12:10 PM
I was hoping that someone in here would have some information on where I might get my hands on a copy of Jean de Clairefontaine's Apocalypse: Révélation Alchimique. I've been hunting it down in online bookstores as well as in pdf format (the copyright no longer being an issue, to my knowledge, and thus I was hoping a university library or other would upload scans of an original edition, but alas... ), yet I've had no luck whatsoever so far. Well... that's not entirely true if I don't totally and utterly disregard the two copies I encountered on Amazon.fr which sell for 300 and 469 euros, respectively!

I don't mean to be stingy or anything like that, but if I could get my hands on a copy for less than 100 euros, that would make my day!

So... does anybody know of a good local French bookstore that might have a copy? Some obscure site that might have scans of the original work up for download?
Why should copyright no more an issue ?

Titel: Apocalypse ; révélation alchimique
Autor/Person: Clairefontaine, Jean ¬de¬
Jahr: 1985
Impressum: Boulogne ; Éd. Axis ; 1985 ; 383 S. : Ill., graph. Darst.
ISBN: 2-905814-00-4

Also see: http://www.ubka.uni-karlsruhe.de/kvk/view-title/index.php?katalog=KUNST_HATHI&url=http%3A%2F%2Fcatalog.hathitrust.org%3A80%2FRec ord%2F000592180&showCoverImg=1

Tesposinus
05-09-2013, 01:58 PM
Why should copyright no more an issue ?
Aaahh... I apologize for the misunderstanding. I read it wrong when I saw the publication year originally! (><) Sorry about that. I've been having a lot of things on my mind lately and occasionally the "top floor" glitches every once and a while. (^^)

In any case, back to my original question... does anyone possibly know where this work can be acquired for less than what aforesaid two Amazon sellers charged? I wouldn't mind paying up towards 100 euros for the work (if in proper condition, of course), but more than that is out of the question; even more so now that it turns out the work is from no earlier than 1985. That definitely does not put it in a financial class of 300+ euros!!!