PDA

View Full Version : SkyDiving

Ghislain
05-19-2013, 03:00 AM
Hi Folks

I haven't been on the forum for quite some time as I had an accident while Skydiving
and shattered My Leg. (http://www.genius.toucansurf.com/My%20Leg.JPG)

It's on the mend now and I'm not feeling so sorry for myself so I will be here more from now on.

Ghislain

Nibiru
06-03-2013, 05:20 PM
Good to hear :) So are you off of your crutches yet, I'm still working letting go of mine ;)

Ghislain
03-12-2014, 01:56 PM
A year has passed in Florida again and I'm back in the air. Day four no broken bones yet :)

Rained off today :(

Ghislain

Awani
03-12-2014, 02:14 PM
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h18/deviadah/forum/Unknown_zps4944a4f6.jpeg

:cool:

Ghislain
03-25-2014, 10:30 PM
haha! I'm alive!

:)

Ghislain

Andro
03-25-2014, 10:41 PM
I'm alive!

Define 'alive' and then prove that you are.

Academically & peer reviewed.

With multiple angles, timestamps, uninterested 3rd party validated testimonies and unbiased witnesses, who must also prove they're alive, with scientific & peer reviewed publications to match :)

When I'm convinced, we can both resume talking to myourself :)

Strike all that. You simultaneously are and aren't.

So am/ain't I.

Let's play.

Welcome back, my dear.

Ghislain
04-02-2014, 07:35 AM
below is the film of some of my jumps, they are not pretty but I'm getting there.

You can't look too pretty, with a 120 mile per hour wind in your face it gets a bit flappy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuMb9gjTuAw&list=UU7eO01hzJppHfgiXOyPHTeA

I did another 10 solo jumps after this, but there is no one there to film them :(

I still have to do another two "unexpected" jumps here in the UK before I can get my licence as the instructors were supposed to film at least two solo jumps, but forgot.

Are you tempted now?

Ghislain

Awani
04-02-2014, 10:54 AM
Nice!

I'll do it one of these days for sure.

Illen A. Cluf
04-02-2014, 10:22 PM
I did another 10 solo jumps after this, but there is no one there to film them :(

I still have to do another two "unexpected" jumps here in the UK before I can get my licence as the instructors were supposed to film at least two solo jumps, but forgot.

Are you tempted now?

Ghislain

I know the excitement. I made a total of 55 jumps, from as high as 12,500 feet (jumped out of an old Lancaster), with a 60 second free-fall. Twenty-one of those jumps were made in Zephyr Hills, Florida. I could see both the Ocean and the Gulf when I jumped from 12,500 feet.

All my jumps, from the very first, in those days, were solo, but the first jump without a static line was the 7th jump. Great fun! We didn't have fancy chutes back then - we used old 28 foot, modified 7 TU's.

Ghislain
04-16-2014, 10:12 AM
Just got my 'A' Licence...:) can jump on my own now.

Only had to do one jump here in the UK and they were satisfied, don't like to blow my own trumpet but I knew it went well.
Out at 8,000ft stable, two 360 turns, back flip, wave off then 180 turn, 5 second track away and pull by 4,000. The reason
for the 8k jump is to put some time pressure on you.

Illen why did you stop, these fancy chutes let you have much more fun? We were in a place called Deland, jumping
from 13,500...they did a couple of 18,000 with oxygen but you had to have done over 100 jumps to get on the lift.

I know what you mean about the view...it was awesome.

Dev you must have a go...you'll love it...do a tandem first to get a taste of it.

Ghislain

Illen A. Cluf
04-16-2014, 10:58 AM
Illen why did you stop, these fancy chutes let you have much more fun?

I moved to a place that didn't have a club nearby. Then I had children, sold my equipment, and my free time diminished. Now one of my children made his first tandem jump.

Illen

DonSweet
04-16-2014, 01:33 PM
Ghislain ...

In the video, which one are you?

Ghislain
04-16-2014, 04:26 PM
Don as my skin was flapping about I can't say the good looking one ;)

As there are many jumps in the vid I guess I have to say the one the camera is on most of the time.

I moved to a place that didn't have a club nearby. Then I had children, sold my equipment, and my free time diminished. Now one of my children made his first tandem jump.

Illen

Did he enjoy it and is he going to take it further?

I have a quandary...how much do I like it...it's expensive and I don't want to lay out loads of cash and find it's not for me.

Ghislain

Illen A. Cluf
04-16-2014, 06:38 PM
Did he enjoy it and is he going to take it further?

I have a quandary...how much do I like it...it's expensive and I don't want to lay out loads of cash and find it's not for me.

Ghislain
He enjoyed it a lot. He also did a bungee jump in New Zealand. I'm not sure if he'll do it again, or look for something else exciting.

You are right about the cost - it's fairly expensive, if you make a lot of jumps. But I thought it was money well spent.

Illen

Awani
04-16-2014, 06:58 PM
But I thought it was money well spent.

New experiences are always money well spent.