PDA

View Full Version : The Hiding Place of Wisdom

LostGnosticOccultum
07-06-2013, 06:56 AM
Here's a Little parable I came up with (I think that I heard something similar in the past or I had either thought of it before or read it in a book however this is my rendition of the parable of Wisdom's Hiding-Place)

On the 6th day of creation God created his image, Mankind. Now God had not yet given man
a spirit to call his own.
God looked to his other creations to seek ideas as to where he should hide the wisdom
of existence, he asked the dog, "Where should I hide my Wisdom so that only he who
looks for it may find it?" the dog then replied, "Burry your wisdom within the earth so
that man will have to dig within the earth to find it." God was not satisfied with the dogs
response so he looked to the creatures of the sea and again asked, "Where should I
hide my Wisdom so that only he who looks for it may find it?" The creatures of the sea
responded, "hide it within the waters of the earth so that man must look to the depths of
the seas to find it." yet the Lord did not find this idea to be fitting for the hiding place of
his Wisdom. So God looked to the creatures of the sky his question, "Where should I
hide my Wisdom so that only he who looks for it may find it?" and the birds of the clear
bright sky responded "Hide your wisdom within the winds of the air so that man must
look to their breath to find your wisdom." God liked this idea however he wanted to
attain a better suggestion so he looked to the creatures of the desert and asked his
question, "Where should I hide my Wisdom so that only he who looks for it may find it?"
and they responded "Hide your wisdom within the fire so that man must look to the
warmth of a flame to find your Wisdom." God was interested in their idea but still had
not found the idea he had been seeking. Now night has begun to fall and God is still
deciding what to do with his Wisdom for he wants his children to find it but only if they
want to find it. While he was mulling over the ideas he had received throughout the day
he noticed a lonely looking animal perched in a large oak tree. God looks to the the
creature and asked "what say you Owl, where should I hide my Wisdom so that man
may only find it if he seeks for it?" what the owl said pleased God greatly. The owl
responded, "Hide your wisdom within the core of man, for only the wise and diligent
seekers will find your spirit of wisdom. If man looks to the image of God he cannot
create idols as to worship the house of your Wise spirit but rather praise the Lord
through the sight of your image." At this God gave man the breath of life and hid his
Spirit of Wisdom within the the heart of man and only the chosen few have found God's
Wisdom for like the dog and the fish and the birds of the air and the creatures of the
desert most look to the external world to find that which he has possessed from his
birth.

This Parable reminds me of the well known Greek aphorism

γνῶθι σεαυτόν - Know Thyself

GOD Bless, LGO

LostGnosticOccultum
07-06-2013, 04:39 PM
"know thyself" is an old greek aphorism although its use has been recorded prior to the Greek popularization of it.

The maxim, or aphorism, "know thyself" has had a variety of meanings attributed to it in literature... The 10th-century encyclopedia of Greek knowledge, says: "the proverb is applied to those whose boasts exceed what they are," and that "know thyself" is a warning to pay no attention to the opinion of the multitude.

Earlier use of this aphorism in Ancient Egypt:

There are two parts of the ancient temple of Luxor; the outer temple where the beginning initiates are allowed to come, and the inner temple where one can enter only after proven worthy and ready to acquire the higher knowledge and insights. One of the proverbs in the Outer Temple is "The body is the house of God." That is why it is said, "Man know thyself." In the Inner Temple, one of the many proverbs is "Man, know thyself ... and thou shalt know the gods."

Biblical References to the Above quote:

Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.

3 For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you. 4 For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, 5 so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. 6 We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your[a] faith; 7 if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; 8 if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead,[b] do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully.

Benjamin Franklin:

There are three Things extremely hard; Steel, a Diamond, and to know one's self."

"The body is the house of God." therefore, "Man, know thyself ... and thou shalt know the god(s)." "Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God?"
Holy Spirit/Sophia/Πίστις Σοφία; Πίστις Σοφία - Spirit (of) Wisdom

GOD Bless, LGO