PDA

View Full Version : The Moment (of a question)

Ilos
07-11-2013, 02:04 PM
This is a thread for asked questions in our deep minds. Questions that come into our daily thoughts and in various moments, questions that we ask our self's at any time, when we are reading, sleeping, eating, walking, just sitting bored, at any time and any moment. When we ask our self those questions that we don't have the answer at that moment, I would like for all to post them here.

Please do not give answers for the question.

The point is for the thread to contain numerous of only those kind of questions and to keep them unanswered.

-Ill make my first question;
Are there other forms of atoms that we still don't know of.

Ghislain
07-11-2013, 04:39 PM
oops!

Didn't read the first post properly.

Ghislain

solomon levi
07-11-2013, 05:06 PM
What constitutes life? Living? Conscious?

Ilos
07-11-2013, 06:55 PM
What constitutes life? Living? Conscious?

Sol thats a good one :)

Ilos you might find THIS Wiki article interesting.

Ghislain, thanks for the tip I really enjoyed it but the point of the thread is to keep our questions unanswered, lets pretend that there's no Wiki, no internet, no books, nothing at all, pretend that your alone and you had a questionable thought and wrote it on a stone for no one to answer it.
I don't really have an ending point of the thread but I believe that it will be fun and a way of practicing our imagination.

Here I have another one;
Whats the difference between things that we can see and those that we cant.

solomon levi
07-11-2013, 07:17 PM
What is context? :) What isn't context? :)
When does good become bad and bad good?
Who needs what when? :)
How do i 'know' anything? How do i know that i know?

zoas23
07-11-2013, 07:52 PM
A question I often ask to friends... and a question that modern science has not answered.... and which has some sort of "multiple choice" containing all the possible answers I could think about (so far, nobody asked me to add an extra answer).

How did biological life started? (I am using a narrow-minded definition of "life"... mostly the definition that modern biology uses)
a) with a single organism that for some reason started to exist or live. (i.e, that everything that is "alive" comes from the same biological organism).
b) with several organism that for some reason started to exist or live, but mostly "all at once" and they were very similar, if not identical.
c) Life didn't start "all at once", but it started several times during thousands and thousands of years... but each time that it "started", the organism that started to live was identical.
d) Same as "c"... except that different organisms started to live across the ages and they were not similar at all.
e) I am leaving the "e" for "none of the above" and other options...

Ilos
07-11-2013, 08:39 PM
How do you know that there was a past, when you haven't lived it
how do you know that the person that's telling you about the past isn't your future
how do you know that the building that you think was built before, isn't your present continuem imagination
how do you know that all existence was ever created before you.

solomon levi
07-11-2013, 10:34 PM
How do you know you're not God manifesting on every possible level simultaneously as every potential?

Ghislain
07-11-2013, 10:43 PM
How do you know that we are not the result, after effect, of someone else's particle accelerator and the big bang was the collision?

Ghislain

Got the hang of this now :)

Ghislain
07-11-2013, 10:45 PM
How do you know if mirrors are not a window to a completely opposite world where it is only your opposite that stops you getting in as they try to get out?

Ghislain

Ghislain
07-11-2013, 11:46 PM
Would it be possible for a solar car to travel faster than the speed of light?
What can you say when someone says you're in denial, but you're not?
If it is a 50 mph per hour wind and you drive your car at 50mph downwind and stick your head outside would you feel the wind?
Why are things typed up but written down?
If the universe is expanding, what is it expanding into?
If an anarchist group attained political power, would they have to dissolve their own government?
Why is the name for the fear of long words hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia ( http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia)?
If it's zero degrees outside today and it's supposed to be twice as cold tomorrow, how cold is it going to be?
If a person owns a piece of land do they own it all the way down to the core of the earth?
Why is there a light in the fridge and not in the freezer?
Why do people point to their wrist when asking for the time, but people don't point to their crotch when they ask where the toilet is?
If you dig a tunnel straight through the earth, will you come out with your feet first?
Did Adam and Eve have navels?
How can there be "self help GROUPS"?
How fast do you have to go to keep up with the sun so you're never in darkness?
Can you imagine a world with no hypothetical situations?

On a roll now :)

Ghislain

Ghislain
07-12-2013, 12:02 AM
Though archaeology and other sciences we have seen how the world evolved, all species seem fated either to die out or to evolve into something else. What can we as homo-sapiens expect?

If you're the last one, hide all the others then dispose of yourself and you can create another missing link :)

Ghislain