PDA

View Full Version : the engine of nature is evolution

solomon levi
07-18-2013, 08:19 PM
the engine of nature is evolution. when we take our past and free it of the four elements which determine it, we make way for a bigger, better present. If we can do this for ourselves, we can do it for others... we can take on the sins of the world.
when people offer you their past garbage, you might take it as a compliment. they are saying, "I haven't been strong/wise enough yet to heal this. Can you help me?"
every unkindness is asking for love... every ignorance for wisdom. you can return the same venom, or be a catalyst for transmutation/evolution.

Andro
07-18-2013, 08:59 PM
You can return the same venom, or be a catalyst for transmutation/evolution.

I think we can do both. Simultaneously. Or neither. To the exact same effect, eventually :)

Not every backstabbing psycho cries out for help/love.
Some people would do it for the sheer pleasure of it.
Or simply because that's how they're 'wired', for the sake of their own incarnational experience.
And they have their roles to play. As have you, as have I.

I don't like to be misinterpreted/misrepresented and I don't like assumptions being made on my behalf - so why would I do this to others?
Seeing/interpreting the garbage/unkindness of others as a need for help/love? Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.
----------------------------------------

we can take on the sins of the world

What would be the 'sins of the world'?

I'm curious what your concept of 'sin' might be... or anyone's concept of 'sin', for that matter...

we make way for a bigger, better present

Which always seems (to me) to come with a complementary 'smaller' and 'worse' side dish...
It seems (to me) that this is how this 'engine of evolution' works... How would it work, otherwise?
The appearance of change... The appearance of bigger/better/etc...
And what does a 'bigger'/'better' present mean, anyway? "Change we can believe in"? (electoral slogan)
The inebriating stupor brought about by what's left at the bottom of Pandora's Box :)
Could THIS ('hope') be the 'engine' that keeps the very same 'thing' going, under an infinity of different guises?

IMO :cool:

But to finish on a lighter note:

It's all fun and games until SomeOne looses a frickin' I:)

III
10-22-2013, 04:34 AM
the engine of nature is evolution. when we take our past and free it of the four elements which determine it, we make way for a bigger, better present. If we can do this for ourselves, we can do it for others... we can take on the sins of the world.
when people offer you their past garbage, you might take it as a compliment. they are saying, "I haven't been strong/wise enough yet to heal this. Can you help me?"
every unkindness is asking for love... every ignorance for wisdom. you can return the same venom, or be a catalyst for transmutation/evolution.

Hi Solomon,

As E. J. Gold has said at various times and places variations, "The ordinary person eats gold and transmutes it into shit. The Alchemist eats shit and transmutes it into gold." I'm not here to debate this in regard to various genocidal person and so on. Let's stick to the situations we are more likely to run into, such as Solomon put it. I would add "when appropriate" or maybe "strategic" for alchemical purposes " we can take on the sins of the world". To quote a well known character "A man has got to know his limits". It is possible to get carried away being a volunteer. One night, new years eve, about 15 years ago, we had a little party of maybe 15 of us in all, all reasonably metaphysically proficient folks. One man there I had been working with for perhaps 5 years at that point and had finally homed in on the "root" of his most massive "blockage" to Kundalini you might say. It is what he was always defending most energetically for any imagined reasons of the moment. After weaving the circle and some preliminaries we all went into ecstatic meditation almost immediately. This resulted in such a powerful dose of Shaktipat (and that is dependent on many things), it isn't a forgone conclusion, especially at that intensity, that it just blasted out his blockage and the blocked up energies that blasted out were barely manageable by the entire group and quite a few of us who had borne the brunt of it including the man were bed-ridden ill for up to 6 months from it. We were all quite purified and changed in certain ways in the end. Be careful.

III
10-24-2013, 05:01 AM
I think we can do both. Simultaneously. Or neither. To the exact same effect, eventually :)

Or simply because that's how they're 'wired', for the sake of their own incarnational experience.

I don't like to be misinterpreted/misrepresented and I don't like assumptions being made on my behalf - so why would I do this to others?
Seeing/interpreting the garbage/unkindness of others as a need for help/love? Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

I'm curious what your concept of 'sin' might be... or anyone's concept of 'sin', for that matter...

Which always seems (to me) to come with a complementary 'smaller' and 'worse' side dish...
It seems (to me) that this is how this 'engine of evolution' works... How would it work, otherwise?
And what does a 'bigger'/'better' present mean, anyway? "Change we can believe in"? (electoral slogan)
The inebriating stupor brought about by what's left at the bottom of Pandora's Box :)
Could THIS ('hope') be the 'engine' that keeps the very same 'thing' going, under an infinity of different guises?

:)

Hi Androgynus,

I wouldn't have used the word "sins" or "sin". We all have a syntax to pay you might say. E. J. Gold speaks of alchemists being cosmic janitors cleaning up the spilled milk throughout the macrodimensional labyrinth before it hardens even more and is more difficult to clean up. As everywhere we might clean up can be part of an "archetype" which many people draw from it affects far more than just one or two people. Folks put blocks around what scares their ego, some unpleasant truth about self perhaps to be illuminated with that energy and so they try to block it and block it and block it creatiing complicated layers of defense against illumination.

solomon levi
10-24-2013, 03:39 PM

:)

yes, every one of them. I can hear it. Maybe you're not listening/seeing as closely as i am. or i am projecting. how to know the difference?
differences are less apparent the smaller/subtler we get.
or a cigar is never just a cigar.

the sins of the world are whatever people think they are. etymologically, sin means "without", so one could say sin is our shadow, subconscious, what we don't accept responsibility for, what we don't give conscious attention to, shame, fear, etc... i know you're wanting to hear judgement in the word sin, but it isn't mine - i feel none. my position is relative. sin is the idea that people have that this moment is incomplete and unwhole. :) but even that is not a sin. It's relative.
If the stone doesn't take on the sins of the world, it is not the actuated/realized stone. I can speak for everyone because i am universal. If you don't like it you can try to exclude me from your universe. :)
I am saying what is possible for the one consciousness - "we CAN take on the sins of the world". this is a true statement whether you personally like it or not.

yes, what you call smaller, worse i call bigger better. same thing. :) more is more.
though i sometimes use the word, "hope you have a wonderful birthday", i don't believe or practice hope.
that's your projection. your attitude. what i speak of IS whether you hope it or not.
even not evolving (plateaus) is perpendicular evolving. <3