PDA

View Full Version : Greetings and Salutations

Dr.Zoidberg
07-30-2013, 11:06 AM
Hello fellow Alchemists! A short introduction is in order; please feel free to ask any questions.

On the side of a gorgeous mountain, deeeeeeep in the country, where there is no cell phone signal, and the stars are stunningly visible at night, lives the curious Dr.Zoidberg.

Dr.Zoidberg is not actually a person, male or female; Dr.Zoidberg is a we, both male and female. We are a married couple who came in contact with alchemy a few months ago. We cooperate in all of our work. The "Dr." refers to our intent of self analysis/healing to perfection and interest in the physical, mental, and spiritual medicines of alchemy. The "Zoidberg" is a nod to the cosmic comedy we are all actors in.

A bit about us:

He is a computer scientist by day, and a super chill philosopher/rock, jazz, blues, jam, (aspiring bluegrass) guitarist/Mr. Fix it/green thumb/mind expander in his free hours.

She is an industrial instrumentation engineer by trade and a philosopher/debater/hippie/music addict/bookaholic/jewelry maker/dreamer in her spare time.

We have two beautiful boys who are a constant source of inspirational insight and comedic relief. Our 9yo recently told us, "No matter where you are, you are in dream." What an intuitive observation!

We are brand spanking new to practical and spiritual alchemy but have some experimental experience to share. We are looking forward to being a part of this online collaboration!

Awani
07-30-2013, 11:12 AM
I don't think we ever had a "couple" member before.

Welcome!

:cool:

Dr.Zoidberg
07-30-2013, 11:44 AM
I don't think we ever had a "couple" member before.

Welcome!

:cool:

Thanks, glad to be here! Hopefully we can bring something unique to the table then!

theFool
07-30-2013, 12:51 PM
Welcome :D, I enjoyed your introduction!

Dr.Zoidberg
07-30-2013, 01:23 PM
Welcome :D, I enjoyed your introduction!

Thank you for the welcome.

Kiorionis
07-30-2013, 01:50 PM
Yes, welcome! :)

and out of curiosity, what's your area of interest in the practical alchemy -- vegetibili, minerali, or animalu?

Dr.Zoidberg
07-30-2013, 02:01 PM
Yes, welcome! :)

and out of curiosity, what's your area of interest in the practical alchemy -- vegetibili, minerali, or animalu?

I plan on starting with the vegetibili realm, though I do plan on trying the experiment you posted regarding copper.

And thanks for the welcome.

Krisztian
07-30-2013, 02:07 PM
On the side of a gorgeous mountain, deeeeeeep in the country, where there is no cell phone signal, and the stars are stunningly visible at night, lives the curious Dr.Zoidberg.

That's a rarity these days. I also live in an area in North America that has that sort of description. The nightsky seems alive when the citylights aren't involved.

Dr.Zoidberg is not actually a person, male or female; Dr.Zoidberg is a we, both male and female. We are a married couple who came in contact with alchemy a few months ago. We cooperate in all of our work.

John H. Reid III of Spagyria.com swears by the tendum approach to practical alchemy. He isn't the only, Mutus Liber comes to mind (among many others).

Welcome!

Dr.Zoidberg
07-30-2013, 02:12 PM
I agree, nothing like nature in its natural light!

Good to know. I 'll have to look into those sources.

Thanks for the welcome!

BTW, I'm new to forums so I'm still learning how to reply properly...

Ghislain
07-30-2013, 03:51 PM
Welcome Dr/s Zoidberg

Ghislain

Dr.Zoidberg
07-30-2013, 03:56 PM
Welcome Dr/s Zoidberg

Ghislain

Many thanks!

Andro
07-30-2013, 03:58 PM
Doctor Who ? ? ?

:)

Welcome!

I'm new to forums so I'm still learning how to reply properly...

Please feel free to PM anyone from the moderator team (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showgroups.php) with any technical/logistical/other questions that may arise. We're here to help.

The Site Related (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/forumdisplay.php?2-Site-Related) section is also worth checking out, lots of tips and technical stuff in there.

Dr.Zoidberg
07-30-2013, 04:03 PM
Doctor Who ? ? ?

:)

Welcome!

Please feel free to PM anyone from the moderator team (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showgroups.php) with any technical/logistical/other questions that may arise. We're here to help.

The Site Related (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/forumdisplay.php?2-Site-Related) section is also worth checking out, lots of tips and technical stuff in there.

Hey thanks, I'll check it out and PM you with any unanswered questions that remain.

Kiorionis
07-30-2013, 07:15 PM
I plan on starting with the vegetibili realm, though I do plan on trying the experiment you posted regarding copper.

And thanks for the welcome.

right on!
the salt I'm using in that copper experiment is pretty easily found in nature. I call it Sal Agni -- the digestive salt, or the salt of fire. Another name connected to the salt is the Boiling River ;)

Dr.Zoidberg
07-30-2013, 09:14 PM
right on!
the salt I'm using in that copper experiment is pretty easily found in nature. I call it Sal Agni -- the digestive salt, or the salt of fire. Another name connected to the salt is the Boiling River ;)

Got it. I'm waiting on a piece of glass so I can do more efficient distillations of Spiritus Vini. Once I have enough, I'll post my progress.