PDA

View Full Version : Hi, all-chemysts...

Kali Das
07-30-2013, 04:35 PM
Hi, everyone.
First, thanks for the acceptance into your hallowed circles- it's good to be here.
So down to business.
I'm a practising ayahuasqeuro, currently living in the sacred valley, Peru. I'm also an initiate in a number of the world mystical traditions, from haitian vodoun, to mongolian Buryat Shamanism, maha Vidya Tantra tradition of india, the Nepalese jhankri tradition, Persian Sufism, some forms of esoteric Buddhism, a beginning level practitioner of ritual magick, an aspiring alchemist. I also hold a masters degree in the study of mystiscm from canterbury university in england, am a qualified chinese medicine practitioner, a qigong and tai ji instructor and a kundalini yoga teacher.
I've only recently become involved in spagyrics and basic level practical alchemy, but have become...how to say...obsessed. This stuff is mind-blowingly interesting.
I'm having a number of problems though, due to my location. Its really hard to get anything for alchemical lab work here, so I'm really having to irovise and make evrything myself. Ny help with all this will be greatly appreciated. I need garage-hacks- badly!
Thanks for all the help so far, and I look forward to talking with you all.

Blessings,
Kali Das.

Ghislain
07-30-2013, 05:16 PM
Hi Kali Das

Welcome to the forum.

I've had the pleasure of visiting Cusco, a wonderful place. I did the hike to Machu Picchu; a beautiful four day trek.
Also visited Iquitos and stayed in an Ayahuasca Temple for a couple of weeks.

Due to a missed flight I arrived in Peru late and didn't get to visit the Sacred Valley :(

Are you Peruvian and if not what took you to Peru?

What do you mean by "garage-hacks"?

Ghislain

Krisztian
07-30-2013, 05:31 PM
. . . . currently living in the sacred valley, Peru.

Good for you. Much to explore I'm sure.

Peru reminds me of Romania a great deal. They both seemed to have succeeded keeping to a large degree their traditions, which is a joy to behold for foreigners.

I'm also an initiate in a number of the world mystical traditions, from haitian vodoun, to mongolian Buryat Shamanism, maha Vidya Tantra tradition of india, the Nepalese jhankri tradition, Persian Sufism, some forms of esoteric Buddhism, a beginning level practitioner of ritual magick, an aspiring alchemist. I also hold a masters degree in the study of mystiscm from canterbury university in england, am a qualified chinese medicine practitioner, a qigong and tai ji instructor and a kundalini yoga teacher.

With the resume you written here, you must be sleeping one or two hours per day?

I love Qi-gong myself. Practice it daily.

I'm having a number of problems though, due to my location. Its really hard to get anything for alchemical lab work here, so I'm really having to irovise and make evrything myself. Ny help with all this will be greatly appreciated.

I suppose all places have their advantages and disadvantages. I also currently live in a remote area, but have found it more beneficial for lab-work than I previously figured. Some of the "ingredients" you might explore could be had as pure. Water. Dew. Fresh rainwater after thunderstorms. I like to think places call for us, so what awaits for you in Peru might be quite unique.

Welcome!

Awani
07-30-2013, 06:31 PM
Welcome.

You might find this thread interesting then:

Ayahuasca Report (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?1298-Ayahuasca-Report)

Personally I love Peru. A great area of the world.

:cool:

Kali Das
07-30-2013, 10:46 PM
thankyou all for your kind intro.
I get a few more hours sleep than two a night (!) but am about to have a baby, so might not in the near future....!
What bought me to peru? a chance to deepen my studies of Ayahuasca with my teacher's nephew. What kept me here? Getting my wife, to whom I am only spiritually married, pregnant, we being from different countres, just thought it was easier to stay in peru and have the kid than try our luck in the states or england...it's a good place to be.
But no rainwater here i the sacred valley for months now, so distilling my own...
garage hacks? Anything I can construct out of the minimal recources I have available to me in order to somehow conjure out of thin air lab equipment that can be used for alchemical experiments...
peace.

Krisztian
07-31-2013, 02:24 AM
. . . . just thought it was easier to stay in peru and have the kid than try our luck in the states or england...it's a good place to be.

I know of a handful who plan to retire early in Peru and various other countries in Latin America. Would be interested in hearing about your experiences.

But no rainwater here i the sacred valley for months now, so distilling my own.

You may find some fresh, pure water in mountainous areas; I collected some in Alaska once during vacation. Or, collect during Easter (Christian Festival) some fresh snow, if you're willing to invest the time. I fasted on fresh snow last year, it's terrific.

Wishing you the very best! Being a father is a life-changing event, that is for sure. Congratulations.

Kali Das
08-01-2013, 01:22 PM
Thanks, Krisztian,
Peru is pretty easy going, with few of the major hang-ups or downright scary aspects of the states...She's done a pretty good job of avoiding becoming another pawn in the large scale corporate/military hegemony of the North. thankfully. Its attitude to plant medicines is extremely progressive and is somehwhat indicative of the general relaxaed vibe of the place....

thanks again.
peace.