PDA

View Full Version : Where are we?

Awani
10-09-2013, 11:44 PM
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h18/deviadah/forum/familyportrait_mini_zpsbab3dc02.jpg

I am sure we have all had the thought: where are we?

This universe, the cosmos... in all its infinity where does it reside? It's got to be somewhere. If we really think deep on this we might find ourselves going insane... I have had to stop these thoughts many times. Perhaps our human brains are too small to fathom the reality of true infinity?

No need to even bring up God. Even if God created everything then where did he create it? Where are we?

Imagine an ant thinking like this. It is too small to understand it is living on the Earth, in a galaxy and in our universe... but it doesn't end there. And when we reach an end what is there?

It doesn't make any fucking sense!

Even if reality is an illusion and the universe is just one big matrix it doesn't give us the answer because if this illusion would go away we would find ourselves in another realm with the same questions all over again.

Where are we?

:cool:

Andro
10-10-2013, 12:44 AM
Where are we?

We are merely information/data streams of collapsed probabilities in a vrtual reality rendered and hosted by a self-serving server which is no less virtual than we are :)

I've already said it before, just not in IT lingo :)

("The dream that dreams itself to the point of believing it's real, and therefore has no motive to 'wake up' from itself, which would mean its own termination.")

Kaboom.

Awani
10-10-2013, 12:59 AM
And where is this taking place?

Andro
10-10-2013, 01:35 AM

In long: Wherever it is rendered subjectively perceivable by the self-programming Virtual Reality program.

In a bit shorter: On the virtual iCloud :)

In short: Nowhere.

Somewhat comparable to The Matrix, minus the 'Real World'. The is no 'Real World'.

It's like Matrix within Matrix, World within World, Dream within Dream - where hitting convergence/implosion is basically synonymous with restart/reset.

Perhaps my current signature line makes more sense in this context ('The Higher Place You Reach Is The Place From Which You Fall').

Krisztian
10-10-2013, 01:55 AM

It's all in consciousness.

Andro
10-10-2013, 04:49 AM
It's all in consciousness.

Yes, this is also a valid interpretation. (What I wrote is of course also an interpretation/approximation).

What do you intend by 'consciousness'?

And more important, where is consciousness? And how does it come to occur?

I'd say that if one can approximate this well enough, one has the Key to Alchemy.

I just watched an episode of Boardwalk Empire, and this line stood out:

"First let's find out the truth, and then we can agree about the rest"

Is there really a difference?

Awani
10-10-2013, 07:24 AM
Yeah I agree but where is this consciousness? If it is nowhere we are nowhere i.e. we are nothing and maybe we are. But if the world is only consciousness and this is nowhere then it sounds more flaky than the Christian version.

I don't expect a satisfactory answer. None of us will ever truly know, I'm just saying.

solomon levi
10-10-2013, 07:37 AM
It is you who make the universe appear, just as atmosphere makes life appear on earth... sort of. :)

solomon levi
10-10-2013, 07:40 AM
The where is irrelevant... all of this is occurring in a "void" in which there are no landmarks, no distinguishing features, no time or measure... every here looks and feels the same as every there. Even if you could move there you would not know you moved.

solomon levi
10-10-2013, 07:59 AM
consciousness is the place where the unconscious void meets itself, becomes aware of itself existing and says "I Am!".
Consciousness does the same thing, folds on itself, to create/multiply itself and appear other than itself.
There are infinite degrees/frequencies of consciousness due to this folding, this enfolding, this becoming self-aware
which creates an implosion-explosion of/as consciousness, like a big bang, but many of them, infinite... we are still banging.

Kiorionis
10-10-2013, 03:11 PM
I wonder if consciousness or the 'mind' is so hard to explain and define because it exists in possibility and potentiality? I can define trees because their qualities are static and typical for all, and thus i understand trees. but consciousness changes and like Solomon Levi says, is constantly becoming (folding/multiplying with itself).

Krisztian
10-10-2013, 08:03 PM
I wonder if consciousness or the 'mind' is so hard to explain and define because it exists in possibility and potentiality? I can define trees because their qualities are static and typical for all, and thus i understand trees. but consciousness changes and like Solomon Levi says, is constantly becoming (folding/multiplying with itself).

Yes and, even the same trees are different based on what experience you have with them. Some don't even notice that they just walked by a tree. Or, others, see it everywhere because they're concerned with winter and 'wood fireplaces'.

Consciousness, that elusive force that's all things yet remains also hidden, eh? Ghost in a ghostly world, where the ghost thinks they aren't ghosts.

Nibiru
10-10-2013, 09:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfTn2b8FFQQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfTn2b8FFQQ

Awani
10-10-2013, 10:13 PM
LOL!

I remember when I discovered that with my videocamera as a kid.