PDA

View Full Version : War on drugs

Awani
10-10-2013, 10:28 PM
Imagine a drug that takes about five hours of our daily lives (according to statistics). Imagine a drug that after only 30 seconds makes the brain switch from beta waves (conscious attention) to alpha waves (aimless daydreaming). The drug makes us therefore enter a state where we loose the mental capacity to think logically, and we float forward like a zombie. The drug gives us a spurious reality which, after coming down, we can't really remember. This is not a fantasy... it is a real drug and it is legal.

Language is powerful. Any normal person would agree that such a drug should not be allowed, should not be exposed to our children yet most parents already use this drug to babysit their kids. It is of course TV.

Now imagine another drug that makes you examine who you are and where you are. A drug that dissolves the set dogmatic structures of the world we live in and makes us question the situation we are in. A drug that can heal deep psychological wounds and heal obsessive and addictive behavior. A drug that only really, for some people, needs to be taken once, and after coming down the user might turn out to be a better person learning the most important lessons like love and forgiveness.

Such a drug is illegal. I am talking of course of natural psychedelics like ayahuasca.

The war on drugs is a war fought with language.

:cool:

Dr.Zoidberg
10-11-2013, 02:26 PM
This is a great post! We've often talked about this subject and this is why we do not have cable, satellite, or antenna TV. It is simply not something we wish to expose our children to.

Why do you suppose the mind expanding substances are not legal, when the cancer inducing, liver destroying ones are? Conspiracy theories about elite groups wanting to control the masses seem to be the most popular explanation... but it also seems a little far fetched...

Also, the zombie apocalypse is here already, how do we awaken the people and change the world? The closest solution we have come to (Mr. & Mrs. Z) is Love. Connect to as many people as you can through Love. Reconnect the human race through a grassroots LOVE movement! We need to be reminded that we are all a part of the same family. We are all brothers and sisters and the Love we should exercise towards each other is no different than the Love shared within a healthy family! We all nee to instill this in the next generation. All of our children are our best hope for a better more beautiful future. Invest our knowledge and lessons in them instead of allowing their minds to be filled with poison by using the TV as babysitter. Hopefully once they set off in the world, they will diffuse and develop to surpass ourselves into even further more beautiful endeavors.

Awani
10-11-2013, 02:59 PM
I quit TV many years ago. I do watch films and selected TV programs (of high quality) on-line... but this is always without the adverts and I choose when and what to watch. The biggest problem IMO is channel surfing. I recall back in the day when I did watch TV I could sit for hours watching nothing really. So now I only watch what I want to see and things that give something back.

Why is it illegal?

I am not a big pro-conspiracy guy... but I do think there is a bit of a conspiracy. Governments have always legalized drugs that serve their purpose (or the purpose of the corporations that control them). Cocaine, for example, is a big income for co-vert military operations in Latin America (having it legal would make it less profitable). The opium epidemic was created by the British Empire. Alcohol needs no example... but regardless it all comes back to language.

When you say drug to someone they think you are the devil, when you say medicine they don't. If ayahuasca could be bought at your local pharmacy and was called Ayahuascazac Inc. no one would think twice about it.

Problem with conspiracy is that it makes it easy to blame someone, but I have for a long time now come to the conclusion that we can only blame ourselves: It's your fault! (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?1559-Your-fault!)

Awani
10-11-2013, 03:03 PM
Also generally psychedelics are not drugs that are very commercial in the sense that you need it every day, every week or even every year. So you really can't make a lot of money on it... not like cocaine, alcohol etc. So even if it was taxed the income on that tax would be minuscule compared to what the governments pull in on Marlboro for example.

Marlboro = Marl borough = Merlin's Grave... so now you know that as well... ;)

Dr.Zoidberg
10-11-2013, 03:17 PM
We have a 2TB HD with our programs and educational stuff for the kids, like you said, with no ads.

It is interesting what you say about drugs vs. meds. A big part of it is the attitude and intention one uses these substances in. Not practicing moderation and also abuse are the big devils in the situation. We understand regulation to a point because some people are just not mature enough to use these as a medicine or safely.

Totally agree with taking responsibility. Regardless if the conspiracy theories are true or not, YOU are the one responsible for your reality.

Awani
10-11-2013, 04:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b6-0yW7Iaw

Dr.Zoidberg
10-11-2013, 07:21 PM
This video was very interesting. Thanks for sharing!

Ghislain
10-13-2013, 05:49 PM
WOW what passion Hancock speaks with...if only that message could get through to the majority.

Maybe one day it will.

Dendritic Xylem
10-15-2013, 12:35 AM
We cured my mother's skin cancer with cannabis oil.
Heard about it on the internet (rick simpson), so we tried it, and it worked.

The doctor just wanted to do an expensive surgery. But all it took was a gram or two of natural plant oil applied topically....and the cancer was gone within weeks.

If cannabis was legal, it would steal MANY customers from the pharmaceutical industry. An industry which has board members and executives which also work our gov't (U.S).

Cannabis would also hurt the cotton industry, because hemp is so superior. Back during the "reefer madness" days, cotton industry big wigs actually paid politicians to publically denounce cannabis and lie about its dangers.

But don't listen to me, listen to your doctor :rolleyes:
The same one that prescribes amphetamines to our children because they don't have adult attention spans......
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amphetamine_mixed_salts_%28medication%29