PDA

View Full Version : new member, long time occultist

Astarte
10-21-2013, 08:11 PM
Hello, I just found this forum about a week ago and after lurking for a few days decided it was pretty good so I requested membership; thus here I am. I have been studying astrology for about a decade and a half now and have been learning about alchemy for the past few years via the writings of Carl Jung. I am also interested in global religions and spiritual movements. I consider myself a "mystic" as I do not have any one set spiritual tendency set or religion. If I had to identify by way of spiritual movements I would say equal parts Hermetic, Gnostic, Taoist, Buddhist, Abrahamic.

Kiorionis
10-21-2013, 08:26 PM
Welcome to the forest! I mean... Forum! :)

Andro
10-21-2013, 08:27 PM
after lurking for a few days

I lurked for at least 6 months before joining :)

Welcome to the forest!

Just don't miss the trees :)

here I am.

Welcome!

Awani
10-21-2013, 09:19 PM
Welcome!

:cool:

Lunsola
10-21-2013, 10:14 PM
Welcome!

I lurked on and off for about 2 years before I joined. Really glad I did though! :)

Krisztian
10-21-2013, 11:46 PM
Welcome! Seems like you'll have much to post and discuss, Astarte.

Jung has also fascinated me, and do here and there open his monumental work, The Red Book. He has some very impressive drawings in there, I contemplated more than a few to post some of it for discussion purposes.

Astarte
10-22-2013, 01:11 AM
Welcome! Seems like you'll have much to post and discuss, Astarte.

Jung has also fascinated me, and do here and there open his monumental work, The Red Book. He has some very impressive drawings in there, I contemplated more than a few to post some of it for discussion purposes.

About a decade ago I was lucky enough to find the collected works of Jung for almost nothing at a used bookshop, so over the years I have been reading a lot of him. I still haven't gotten a hold of the Red Book though - I really want a copy of it, from what I hear it was never published in Jung's lifetime and documents his own personal spiritual journey - without the Red Book the Jung who is monumental to explaining the numinous quality of the psyche in a scientific manner - essentially scientifically proving humans are spiritual organisms - would not exist.

Also, thanks everyone for the kind greetings.

Salazius
10-22-2013, 10:40 AM
Welcome!