PDA

View Full Version : Intro

Ciborium
10-28-2013, 04:00 PM
I have been studying the Western Mysteries for around 30 years, studying Qabalah, Alchemy, Tarot and Pythagoreanism. Decades ago I was privileged to take a week long spagyrics course from Russ House and Jack Glass - it was truly life changing. I was also blessed to hear Jean Dubuis speak in the mid-1990s, although life circumstances did not allow me to join LPN at the time. A few years ago I was able to set up a small home lab and start on Jean's Spagyric course (distillation train, soxhlet, etc.). It is a long path, but quite rewarding. I look forward to many interesting discussions!

Awani
10-28-2013, 05:59 PM
Welcome!

:cool:

Ilos
10-28-2013, 06:27 PM
Welcome bro,
That's great that you been to Dubuis lectures, I have a great respect for him.
maybe you can let us know a bit about him.
I know that a 2 hours video of him lecturing in the US I think, is available on youtube, maybe thats the one you been to?!
:D

Krisztian
10-28-2013, 08:32 PM
. . . . take a week long spagyrics course from Russ House and Jack Glass - it was truly life changing.

It was also Russ House and (now late) Jack Glass who opened more than a few doors for me. Jack seemed to be a jovial character. I recently heard (from a close alchemist friend) that Russ doesn't practice anymore. It is what it is, I guess.

. . . A few years ago I was able to set up a small home lab and start on Jean's Spagyric course (distillation train, soxhlet, etc.). It is a long path, but quite rewarding. I look forward to many interesting discussions!

In Dubuis' Spagyric course, there're some nuggets of wisdom and hints that can lead to interesting roads.

Welcome!

You probably would have much to share about the social environment during that time (in the history of alchemy) in US?

black
10-28-2013, 10:12 PM
Welcome Ciborium.

Dr.Zoidberg
10-29-2013, 11:40 AM
Welcome!

Ciborium
11-03-2013, 11:40 PM
Thanks for the welcomes! Sorry, I need to update my notification settings, just now saw these replies!

I was able to attend one of Dubuis' lectures at AMORC Rosicrucian Park (circa 1994). He spoke extensively about the hidden Sun and many other topics. I should see if I can pull together my notes from that lecture and post them - will add that to my todo list. At the end he shook my hand, gave me his personal card and urged me to contact him. I always regret that I was unable to do so at the time. He had the deep eyes of someone who knows - and at the same time was absolutely without pretension.

Ah there was much that happened in the states around that time in the occult groups (and since). But most of it does not bare fruit in airing - it is so much better to consider the highest principals, "ora et labora", and consider how incredibly we've all been blessed.

Krisztian
11-04-2013, 12:16 AM
. . . . He had the deep eyes of someone who knows - and at the same time was absolutely without pretension.

I know someone who knew him well. The French seemed to have kept alchemy alive, this someone I anonymously mentioned doesn't hold the same opinion of the Americans.

Thanks for your comments.

III
11-04-2013, 01:07 AM
I know someone who knew him well. The French seemed to have kept alchemy alive, this someone I anonymously mentioned doesn't hold the same opinion of the Americans.

Thanks for your comments.

Hi Krisztian,

this someone I anonymously mentioned doesn't hold the same opinion of the Americans.

Not surprising in the least.

Welcome aboard the good ship lollipop, Ciborium.

Krisztian
11-04-2013, 03:25 PM
Not surprising in the least.

This anonymous someone is well known in the alchemy community in America, and he doesn't think the Art will continue to be fruitful for another 50 years. Quite depressed about the state of where it is. Had long private talks with him.

Believes the Far East might be the market now.

(BTW, I'm just sharing, I realize anyone can argue either way. I'm just stating his position.)

Ilos
11-04-2013, 04:18 PM
I think that alchemist's all around the world will always remain a paucity. To be honest for me alchemy is more of an art than science, it is more of a way of life than just a profession. I would consider physics and chemistry more as science considering their evolution in time that followed with the technology and other., Yet than again as an alchemist you can take that bit of sophisticated science and transform it into art. :D

Kiorionis
11-04-2013, 08:39 PM
Welcome! The concept of the black sun sounds interesting!

Ciborium
12-24-2013, 10:22 PM
Dubuis wrote of a time period in every year when we should cease laboratory work - December 10-30. I have a bit of notes from one of his talks and also the notes from the Experience of Eternity. Just curious, does anyone else here observe this prohibition?

Krisztian
12-25-2013, 04:54 AM
Dubuis wrote of a time period in every year when we should cease laboratory work - December 10-30. I have a bit of notes from one of his talks and also the notes from the Experience of Eternity. Just curious, does anyone else here observe this prohibition?

Dubuis, like other practitioners of the occult, refer to that I believe as Saturnalia.

Currently at an Airport so I can't post more, don't have my private notes.

DonSweet
12-26-2013, 06:53 AM
Welcome Ciborium.

New here myself.