PDA

View Full Version : Requested intro

Wantabee
11-12-2013, 06:36 PM
I am recently retired and manage to survive on my meager Social Security payments because I am also living in Section Eight housing and HUD pays most of the rent.
Greatings AlchemyForums

It was a couple of works of fiction that started getting me interested in alchemy. One was Harry Potter, not so much the story itself as the Internet discussion of the alchemical themes ; the other was “The Alchemist” by Paulo Coelho, a story I consider to be artistically weak but spiritually interesting,

It was my interest in mysticism though, that led me here. I have been trying to learn it for several years now and I am still stuck on the first phase. It was when I recognized the alchemical terms in a book written by a man I thought was a mystic that I became really interested in the subject.

I may not post much, I don't know much about alchemy and don't talk much even when I do know what I am talking about.

theFool
11-12-2013, 07:07 PM
Welcome to the forum.

It was my interest in mysticism though, that led me here. I have been trying to learn it for several years now and I am still stuck on the first phase.
The important thing is that you have started!

Krisztian
11-12-2013, 07:50 PM
. . . . It was my interest in mysticism. . . .

I'm sure your experiences can speak for themselves (and plenty), as mystics seem to have spirituality running through their veins.

Welcome!

Awani
11-12-2013, 10:22 PM
Welcome!

:cool:

Ghislain
11-12-2013, 11:07 PM
Welcome

Love the book Wantabee.

What did you get from it?

Ghislain

Dr.Zoidberg
11-13-2013, 10:25 PM
Welcome!

Wantabee
11-14-2013, 02:17 PM
Love the book Wantabee.

What did you get from it?

Getting anything out of it is too strong a phrase, it's not like I agree with all of Coelho 's theological opinions. I liked the part about the world and everything in it having a soul and our soul's are a part of the soul of the world.

I live in a very poor city with a lot of poor people whose main occupation is begging. I get tired of the question “can you help me?” which, of course means “will you give me some money?” The best part about the plot is what Santiago did when he found himself broke and homeless in Tangier. Rather than looking someone who could help him he looked for people he could help. Some of my neighbors could take a lesson from that.

Ghislain
11-14-2013, 02:50 PM
The thing I got from it is that we all look elsewhere for answers that are right under our noses, but it takes a journey to realise it.

What is HUD like...does it work?

Ghislain <-UK

Donna Matrix
11-16-2013, 03:02 AM
Blessings Wantabee!!

Welcome to the best, most cost-effective, efficient way to DIY your evolution and lift yourself up.

Suggested Authors:

Dubuis
Barrtlett
stavish
Reid
Lully
Agrippa
Paracelsus
Frater albertus