PDA

View Full Version : How did you end up here?

Awani
01-07-2009, 07:55 PM
This is a Phoenix-thread (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?t=7) from the old site (http://alchemy-forums.forumotion.com/forum.htm). Polls are reset to 0!

It is interesting to know how you discovered Alchemy Forums, so please take part in the poll!

I vote Other (I found this place in my brain...)
Occult Forums!

We both had an interest in alchemy, and often enough we would post in the same threads.
From a member of Alchemy Forums!!!!

[off-topic removed]

Originally found this place because dev told me about it on OccultForums. But I didn't sign up back then because I was too busy. Then I saw a link to it tonight in BeautifulEvil's signature, also on OccultForums. Whilst waiting for my iMac to install Final Cut Studio 2, I have some time to kill, so I thought I'd finally get around to checking out this forum...
deviadah found me on blogger and invited me to join. we had similar interests

Nice to see you here... I enjoyed your blog!

Post an intro in Introductions so people can get to know you, and what alchemical or esoteric interests you have.

3 places, 1 google, 2 dev's signature, 3, dev.
College student earning B.A. In Holistic Studies focus Alchemy and Transformation...
.....I wanna go to that university.....welcome,Bones,by the way.......
Voted on Occultforms, saw it there in devīs sig!
There is a lot comin' in from there...

Perhaps I should start posting again!

Heh, I've made a few interesting posts on occult forums about alchemy over the past few days. Hopefully I've turned a few interested ones this way.
Make some more... the more the merrier!

I hope you post these posts here as well!

Abracadabra

Clayrn Darrow
02-09-2009, 05:52 PM
I was searching for a copy of the Hermetic Museum for my own personal use--I stumbled upon this forum, oh! what a wealth of information!

Vlad
02-09-2009, 06:10 PM
Google alchemy forum while bored.

SNODGRJL
06-18-2009, 02:23 PM
God.

Awani
06-18-2009, 10:37 PM
Google alchemy forum while bored.

Did it aid your boredom?

:cool:

MarkostheGnostic
07-24-2009, 03:46 PM
http://forum.alchemyforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=144&stc=1&d=1248449888

Long-time student of ALCHEMY, many years in Jungian analysis and training, and someone who has used an alchemical metaphor for the practice of psychotherapy and inner development. I have been wondering who else has been intrigued by the seven lettered word, so, on my summer vacation, I began to search. Here we are! ;)

Aleilius
07-24-2009, 10:06 PM
Hi Markos, is that your license plate?!

I need to apply for the Texas version! :D

MarkostheGnostic
07-25-2009, 07:44 PM
Yes, an '03 version of Florida's tag which I liked better than the current one (which isn't centered). I've had this tag since about '92. Only one person has ever actually asked me about it in all these years. Once, in Hollywood, FL, a country girl in a big pick-up truck behind me at a light kept yelling "Hey, Allegheny County?" I had the top down in my old Miata, and I didn't want to embarrass her, so I continued to chat with my Lady. I guess the girl was homesick in the 'big city.' So, you'd really be the 2nd person in 17 years to comment on it, and the 1st person who knows what it means. Congratulations! ;)

Awani
07-28-2009, 01:29 AM
I think everyone at this forum knows what it means!

:D

Cool plate!

Donna Matrix
04-26-2010, 07:41 PM
Hello to my fellow alchemists! I am new to the art but actually a very old student of the esoteric. I have been studying all my adult life especially theosophy and the works of Alice Bailey. Last year spirit suggested I start studying alchemy. I thought they were crazy, but decided that they know better than me, so here I am. Aftr reading s few books, I have signed up for the study course through IAG. I have about a billion questions. I am also an awful typer. :D

mybodymyself
11-25-2010, 08:06 PM
Voted for other because it a combo of things that bought me here.

Berylac
05-30-2011, 03:48 AM
Hi,

I found this forum when I search "Alchemy Forum" in the Google. =)

Regards,
Berylac

Frater E.S.R.O
06-04-2011, 06:37 PM
Very pleased that Abrahadabra was an option. :D

Awani
06-04-2011, 09:18 PM
Oh so you stumbled in from there? What is your nick there then?

Frater E.S.R.O
06-04-2011, 09:35 PM
Oh... I wasn't aware it was a website. I was just loosely referencing the formula of the word as mentioned in Liber AL vel Legis. haha

Awani
06-05-2011, 01:39 AM
Ah ok... well that works also. He he... the site is about the same thing anyway...

Regardless you are here now, the place to be!

Welcome!

Aleilius
06-05-2011, 01:46 AM
I've been here from the very beginning. Although, I don't really have to state this. :D

Black Sclera
07-16-2011, 08:36 PM
I was trying to find a honest source of alchemic texts on the internet.

driftrat
01-01-2012, 12:05 AM
well in the words of the nobel charlatan Mr 'G' who finally got it straight at the end of his journey "life is real only then when I am".
...in seeking a discourse on the esoteric and functional utility properties and most probable terrain of the so called 'life forces' sought in the first stage of distillation...I've landed here...

Andro
01-01-2012, 12:53 AM
I've landed here...

Wait till the 'No Smoking' sign goes off, then you may release your seat-belt and proceed to Arrivals :)

Thank you for flying AF Airlines, and welcome ! ! !

driftrat
01-01-2012, 02:05 AM
thank you Andrognus...this seems like a sincere forum...some real sorts out there.

DanceofRebirth
01-20-2012, 01:25 AM
Found you guys on a web search for Alchemy forums~