PDA

View Full Version : Practical Alchemist With No Lab

Leon Corlew
01-11-2014, 04:00 AM
I am primarily concerned with practical alchemy but due to the nature of my living arrangements will be unable to operate a lab for some time, likely at least 2 years. My question is this: How important is it to have a lab at your disposal to try out ideas with during the stages of study when one is still uncertain of the various paths to the stone and which one they will take? Is it still useful to study the art in the interim or is one better off waiting until one has a lab? Another question: I learn quickly, I pick up ideas and concepts with reletive ease, and I already have a background both chemistry and the occult in general, will I find myself sitting around with a clear path to the stone in my head in a few years time with nothing to make it with or is this truely a Great Work? One that will take decades of one's life? I see what may be success from some people here after reletively little time and it gives me hope.

I am sorry if this is in the wrong board, I know it is only indirectly related to lab work but I figured I should put it here rather than in the general board.

Andro
01-11-2014, 05:59 AM
Is it still useful to study the art in the interim or is one better off waiting until one has a lab?

You can spend these years reading & re-reading & re-re-reading the best books, developing alchemical powers of observation and meditating on 'The Work' and its principles.

Some experiments you can also perform with improvised equipment, as I already wrote in your Intro thread.

Is this truly a Great Work? One that will take decades of one's life?

I'd set the counter for the Great (Universal) Work somewhere between decades and lifetimes. But sometimes amazing things can happen...

I see what may be success from some people here after relatively little time and it gives me hope.

It depends a lot on one's definition of 'success'.

psykopanther
01-11-2014, 06:03 AM
could easily take decades of your life. could take only months also. I dont think you need a full lab. you need to be able to distill. but you can do it with simple things. i right now and using big and little mason jars. gentle heat. everyone tends to want to rush. go straight to the GW. high heat and the works. destructive ways. not so much natural ways. i also have a sohlex distillation setup also my condenser is broke and i am poor and all my money goes to help others first it seems. this art, and unlike chemistry this is a art, can be a very rewarding life if you forget what you know and believe and let nature teach you. I myself am very much still learning, but i know nature is simple. the simplest. and perfect. but you may also waste years of your life with nothing in return. honestly, i have found over the internet, that everyone who knows not how to make the stone, tends to be very helpful with ideas and sharing information. but after one finds the stone, they become cryptic or hermits. the stone is not a fancy new car. or limited edition watch. its the secret of life. and the greatest reward one can find in a lifetime i am positive. alchemy is also not just a material practice. i believe if you are stubborn in accepting anything new in your spiritual life, you will always be left wanting.

I strongly suggest you do try the art. unlearn and relearn the process of the universe. what we are taught in schools is only a distraction for the most part. i also have to point out that alchemy is a addiction. the more you learn about it, the more you believe in it. also the more (in my experience) you can find yourself separating from the material world. from girlfriends/boyfriends, family, friends. not in a bad way, but simply find you have wasted alot of life with "what you are suppose to do in society." and the gf/bf thing is just cause you seek time in the lab, or they find you odd and silly for looking at alchemy. "the science that doesnt exist." you find yourself always thinking outside of the lab about what you have read or can do next in the lab lol. its crazy how quick it can snatch you in. seeking the stone, just seeking the truth, or seeking God.

i would say if interested, start with spagyrics. many tend to skip right to the stone. the mineral realm. but many important steps are found, and taught, in the plant world. with less dangers and still many rewards. there are TONS of books. even a section on this forum for links to many books to get you started in either realm. good luck Leon. and welcome you to the art.

first actual post btw lol.

Andro
01-11-2014, 06:16 AM
first actual post btw lol.

And what a most excellent 'first actual post' that was, pp :)

I find myself agreeing with almost everything you wrote...

I myself am fortunate enough to have a Partner who is also a Partner in The Art, but I also personally know brilliant Alchemists who are in relationships with non-Alchemists, and they seemingly have what it takes to make it both work and Work. However, such instances may be rare. See THIS THREAD (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?2210-Relationship-with-an-Alchemist...-No-thanks-!).

If interested, start with spagyrics. Many tend to skip right to the stone. The mineral realm.

It is theoretically possible to 'skip' spagyrics and common plants & minerals, and go straight to the source, so to speak...
In most cases, however, I'd recommend to at least get acquainted with some plant works first.
They're generally safer than common minerals, and can teach us a lot.

Matter, in general, can be a great teacher because it doesn't generally lie/confuse like texts/people sometimes do.

Leon Corlew
01-11-2014, 07:05 AM
You can spend these years reading & re-reading & re-re-reading the best books, developing alchemical powers of observation and meditating on 'The Work' and its principles.

Some experiments you can also perform with improvised equipment, as I already wrote in your Intro thread.

See response in intro thread.

I'd set the counter for the Great (Universal) Work somewhere between decades and lifetimes. But sometimes amazing things can happen...

Who's to say I haven't started that counter in another lifetime? But I get what you mean.

It depends a lot on one's definition of 'success'.

True, and to be honest I can claim no ability to judge the progress of others, my limited knowlage as it is.

this art, and unlike chemistry this is a art, can be a very rewarding life if you forget what you know and believe and let nature teach you.

I have done a fair bit of forgetting and editing of my "knowlage" of natural processes, else I would not be here, I first had to reach a point where I found the idea of alchemy plausible, and then likely, I am now rather sure.

but you may also waste years of your life with nothing in return.

While I can accept this I (and this may seem arrogant) believe I will prevail.

honestly, i have found over the internet, that everyone who knows not how to make the stone, tends to be very helpful with ideas and sharing information. but after one finds the stone, they become cryptic or hermits. the stone is not a fancy new car. or limited edition watch. its the secret of life. and the greatest reward one can find in a lifetime i am positive.

This is why I am drawn to it, my question has always been, "What is the best way to spend one's life? What is the highest attainable goal?". I believe that I have found that goal in the stone, unless literal physical trascendence is possible (I think it may be) in which case the stone is a major step in that direction.

alchemy is also not just a material practice. i believe if you are stubborn in accepting anything new in your spiritual life, you will always be left wanting.

Depending on where you stand from my entire spiritual life is new. I was at one point a staunch atheist but psychedelics do wonderful things. I fully intend to incorrporate all the hermetic arts into my work.

what we are taught in schools is only a distraction for the most part.

I too have come to this conclusion. Alchemical knowlage has been (inadvertantly otherwise) trampled by the onrush of societal and technological progress brought on by empiricism.

i also have to point out that alchemy is a addiction. the more you learn about it, the more you believe in it. also the more (in my experience) you can find yourself separating from the material world. from girlfriends/boyfriends, family, friends. not in a bad way, but simply find you have wasted alot of life with "what you are suppose to do in society." and the gf/bf thing is just cause you seek time in the lab, or they find you odd and silly for looking at alchemy. "the science that doesnt exist." you find yourself always thinking outside of the lab about what you have read or can do next in the lab lol. its crazy how quick it can snatch you in. seeking the stone, just seeking the truth, or seeking God.

I think this is the core of my fascination with the stone and alchemy. Truth seeking. I've always been somewhat obsessed with information, and by extension, truth. At one point I believed that modern science held the answers but as I sank deeper and deeper into the internet and my worldview shifted I realised that not only were things like occultism not crazy but very likely based in reality. Even from there it was a long road to accepting alchemy, as I could not reconcile it with my knowlage of chemistry. But I now see it as the highest truth attainable in this existance.

i would say if interested, start with spagyrics. many tend to skip right to the stone. the mineral realm. but many important steps are found, and taught, in the plant world. with less dangers and still many rewards. there are TONS of books. even a section on this forum for links to many books to get you started in either realm. good luck Leon. and welcome you to the art.

I will certainly look into the plant realm to pick up the flow of the work. Thank you for this excellent first post!

Ghislain
01-12-2014, 12:25 AM
Hi Leon Corlew and welcome.

At one point I believed that modern science held the answers but as I sank deeper and deeper into the internet and my worldview shifted I realised that not only were things like occultism not crazy but very likely based in reality. Even from there it was a long road to accepting alchemy, as I could not reconcile it with my knowlage of chemistry. But I now see it as the highest truth attainable in this existance.

Did anything in particular change your view?

Ghislain

Edit: Just to keep on topic, I started out with jam jars and wine bottles.

Leon Corlew
01-12-2014, 01:33 AM
Did anything in particular change your view?

I suppose it was a combination of things. I had always wanted things like occultism to be real but I had this doctrine of empiricism drilled into my head, and as such could not allow myself belief in something that was so dubious. As I mentioned the factor that sort of unstuck my thought process was a very intense mushroom trip that served to shift some interesting ideas into my head. This in combination with some seemingly pre-cognitive dreams I was having (which led me to some odd theories of time) started a slow internal progression that eventually, with sufficient study and curiosity, led me to alchemy as one of the purest expressions of the underlying forces in the universe.

psykopanther
01-12-2014, 01:52 AM
start with plants as main focus with maybe the metal experiments on the side. learn how and why the plants do what they do in natures cycle. plus spagyric medicine with not only help your health, but also help your spiritual side.

"Alchemical knowlage has been (inadvertantly otherwise) trampled by the onrush of societal and technological progress brought on by empiricism." - yea i totally agree. although your way of stating this is to techy for me lol. to many big words for us country folk lol.

also, i am not sure if i can post links for books, PM me for a excellent start on plants and even minerals. remember to practice and come to your own truths though. books can misguide you on purpose while still guiding you correctly lol. Oh, alchemy. Such a tease and mysterical wonder

Arrakis
01-17-2014, 05:55 AM
The need of a lab depends very much on the alchemical way. The closer you work with Nature the less you will need it.
A.

Andro
01-17-2014, 07:13 AM
The need of a lab depends very much on the alchemical way. The closer you work with Nature the less you will need it.
A.

1. I agree in principle. The more 'canonical' the practice, the less equipment is probably needed, and certainly for the work after the generation of the initial subject(s), which after-work is mainly 'Solve & Coagula' (a.k.a. 'women's work and child's play'). For 'The Labors of Hercules', it may also be possible to work with a very minimal amount of equipment, depending on how one approaches the preparatory work. In some cases/approaches, it may be even possible to work almost without artificial heating as well.

2. This being said, I don't know many people who are able to arrive at simplicity without traveling through complexity, as far as lab equipment is concerned. And even with the greatest simplicity, a few containing vessels are probably needed, one or two maybe (unless you want to run variations in parallel).

3. Most of the lab equipment I acquired throughout the years is now in storage. It was a pricey lesson, but worth it.

4. The minimalistic lab gear I have/use now, because of my rather 'indie' approach, does include a few 'weird' custom made units... but that's just me...

5. You stole my One-Letter Signature :)

A.

Kiorionis
01-17-2014, 09:41 AM
will I find myself sitting around with a clear path to the stone in my head in a few years time

A bit edited but... Yes :)
Then that conception of the stone will change. Then change again. And again. And etc.

The 'lab' can be defined in a number of ways. If you do yoga then the body is the lab.

When I started out I lived with my parents. Ive found the most useful of 'labwork' to be thus: take a sample of something and let it sit. watch it breath, watch it fester and run. Take it into the woods and leave it there. Then forget where you put it. Then start all over again. Then find what you've been thinking about ;)

Andro
01-17-2014, 11:49 AM
Quoth Thomas Vaughn - Coellum Terrae (http://www.levity.com/alchemy/vaughan1.html):

The true furnace is a little simple shell; thou mayest easily carry it in one of thy hands. The glass is one and no more; but some philosophers have used two, and so mayst thou. As for the work itself, it is no way troublesome; a lady may read the Arcadia and at the same time attend this philosophy without disturbing her fancy.Quoth Johan Friedrich FLEISCHER - Chemical Moonshine (http://www.rexresearch.com/alchemy5/fleischer.htm):

God gives you the gift to find the Single One, seek the single vessel, oven and Fire, and let all other things alone: As various Matters, vessels, Phials, Solvents, bowls, mirrors, dishes, wood, coal, and other fire works. It costs nothing from the beginning to end, except your necessary maintenance, as nourishment and clothing. If you will understand the matter correctly, so also it will cost you little. Therefore I believe, that certainly God is everything in everything, and over everything; that if someone would make known to you, that there are great expenses here and there, that same one is a capital liar and fraud. For the Matter costs absolutely nothing, as that you accordingly work and take pains, mirror, polished dishes, vials and Solvent vessels, one can also have at a low price. A common vessel will perform as well as an expensive one, if only it is not porous or broken. Otherwise you need no expensive costs for the work, not even a Penny. If I should reveal to a Simpleton the Secret Materia and mode of proceeding, I certainly believe he would call me a boaster, clown, and moreover would believe that I build Castles in the Air; and might quite well believe that I have been robbed of my senses. And yet so simple and common are our Materia and method of Operation; so great, so noble, so glorious, so valuable, and so indescribably great are its virtues.Quoth 'Recreations Hermetiques' (Google translated :():

We do not need for this work, nor Alembic, or retorts, much less salts, ardent spirits, acids or corrosives etc...

Krisztian
01-17-2014, 04:39 PM
I enjoyed what Androgynus wrote, this is one of many:

It is theoretically possible to 'skip' spagyrics and common plants & minerals, and go straight to the source, so to speak...In most cases, however, I'd recommend to at least get acquainted with some plant works first.

There's real danger in taking lab-alchemy any other way than with respect and caution. Many alchemist of Old and modern ones, most of them, actually lived a shorter (and bitter) life because of their rashness, consequently got poisoned, inhaled lethal doses, etc.

Lab-alchemy without the inner work is either chemistry or narcissism (viz., mania) or 'wisdom lost on youth'.

It is just my opinion, but please let me make it clear here, if you're the one who can make the Lapis (without any prior experience with laboratory work or any other) then you would have already "brought-in" that knowledge, glimpses of it, and now, today, if seen it fit, would easily make the Great Elixir for no other reason than because you can. It's fun. And natural.

The sign that the above is true, when a soul is born, and instead of spending their life having their minds changed, shifting from one philosophy to another, one school of thought to another, but already have that underlying spirituality in their unfaltered awareness. A person who's a Theosophist for a decade, then a Catholic another, then a Buddhist, as is popular with humanity is not the type of soul that the above comment relates to. And there's no thing wrong with being this way. Most will say you're forming your identity. But I say, that's not the one who makes the Philosopher's Stone without any learning.

Andro
01-17-2014, 04:56 PM
Thanks Kris.

When I was 5 years old, I told my mother that my purpose in life is to discover a cure for all diseases and even for death.

I may phrase it somewhat differently today, but the essence remains the same.

black
01-18-2014, 12:14 AM
Thanks Kris.

When I was 5 years old, I told my mother that my purpose in life is to discover a cure for all diseases and even for death.

I may phrase it somewhat differently today, but the essence remains the same.

What you wrote brought a flood of memories back to me.
Perhaps at that age we are much clearer in thought before we get trapped in the ways of the world.

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/480xq90/c/35/p0sk.jpg

My first lab.......at 5 years

Arrakis
01-18-2014, 05:39 AM
1. I agree in principle. The more 'canonical' the practice, the less equipment is probably needed, and certainly for the work after the generation of the initial subject(s), which after-work is mainly 'Solve & Coagula' (a.k.a. 'women's work and child's play'). For 'The Labors of Hercules', it may also be possible to work with a very minimal amount of equipment, depending on how one approaches the preparatory work. In some cases/approaches, it may be even possible to work almost without artificial heating as well.

2. This being said, I don't know many people who are able to arrive at simplicity without traveling through complexity, as far as lab equipment is concerned. And even with the greatest simplicity, a few containing vessels are probably needed, one or two maybe (unless you want to run variations in parallel).

3. Most of the lab equipment I acquired throughout the years is now in storage. It was a pricey lesson, but worth it.

4. The minimalistic lab gear I have/use now, because of my rather 'indie' approach, does include a few 'weird' custom made units... but that's just me...

5. You stole my One-Letter Signature :)

A.

Hi Androgynus,
Glad to see we share similar principles, including the 'healing' one. It does exist at least one way wich works without common fire and without a common vessel(s). Even for many ways the philosophical egg itself isn't a common vesel.
Many people who have worked long and hard into complex ways such as the antimony ways, have finally concluded that true alchemy is very simple and closely related with nature.
Sorry, I didn't reallize you were using a one-letter signature, I felt too lazy to write the entire name :D

Arrakis

Andro
01-18-2014, 06:49 AM
Hi Androgynus

Hello dear. Long time no talk, so hopefully you'll get your skype back soon or I'll come knocking on your door myself :)

Glad to see we share similar principles, including the 'healing' one.

It's more than just principles, I would say... I mean, at least for me, it's a desire/obsession/passion/life purpose that one is pretty much born with/'marked' for, so there isn't really much choice about it, since denying it (for example) will only bring pain, which in turn will bring you closer to what you were running away from in the first place :)

It does exist at least one way which works without common fire and without a common vessel(s). Even for many ways the philosophical egg itself isn't a common vessel.Yes. This thread is taking a very interesting turn, while still remaining on the topic of 'Practicing Alchemist With No Lab'.

We are now talking about approaching the 'Great Work' in a way of uttermost natural elegance and simplicity, without the need for all sorts of complicated instruments.

The 'Philosophical Egg' is clearly not a common vessel, but the 'sealed' matter in which the evolution occurs. Still, something has to hold it :)

The same goes for other terms which are not necessarily interpreted in a common way, such as 'distillation', 'sublimation', 'hermetically sealed', etc...

So, in this sense, even a college kid without a lab/lab-space can go to Work. But it can often take years/decades/lifetimes to arrive at the Principles of the Work, and possibly even more to arrive at Simple Town, usually after a long drive on Complex Road... (To be noted, I am not talking about Internal/Yogic/Tantric/etc Alchemy, although the Principles are basically the same - I may share some 'Inner' works another time).

Many people who have worked long and hard into complex ways such as the antimony ways, have finally concluded that true alchemy is very simple and closely related with nature.

'True Alchemy' can be equally 'true' in different paths/ways, no matter if the practice is more simple or more complex, as long as the Foundation Principles are observed.

One (working) path doesn't invalidate another.

As a kid, I could solve a Rubik's Cube in around 8-12 minutes.
Yet, a neighbor boy, just slightly older than me, could solve it in under 2 minutes every time.
I could never figure out how he did it, yet the Cube was solved by both of us, so it was a 'True Solution' in both cases.

Sorry, I didn't realize you were using a one-letter signature, I felt too lazy to write the entire name :D

Arrakis

You are forgiven :)

A.

✂------------------------------------------------------------------------

Andro
01-18-2014, 07:10 AM
My first lab.......at 5 years
https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/480xq90/c/35/p0sk.jpg

Wow! You haven't changed much :) (I mean, the inner child is still most definitely there...)

Perhaps at that age we are much clearer in thought before we get trapped in the ways of the world.

Perhaps not in conscious thought, but our super/sub-conscious is not (yet) messed up by 'education', bad parenting (with 'good intentions'), propaganda, organized religions and social programming in general, so it can, to some extent, still know (and even express) its inner quest and life purpose.

Salazius
01-18-2014, 12:17 PM
Can we make Alchemy with no Lab ?

Good question ...

Andro stress about the simplicity to acheive the "thing" by just a very limited space and very limited tools.

It is, indeed the case, and even in the case of more particular ways, an alembic, a retort, an athanor are required. Guerilla alchemy can do as better as a high grade Lab sometime.

But you need to know perfectly what you have to do.

For example, my curiosity in some processes will ask me to have a serious Lab.
I feel more comfortable having a dedicated space, with my matter, glasswares, crucibles ... I can mess it, and secure it.

I have a friend having no space for his alembic, and he is so anxious because it is in the kitchen, his wife and daughter messing around, preparing food, etc. As it is a very fragile alembic, and quite expansive one also, he prefered to stop his experiments.
Unfortunate, because he is able to work very nicely and to get "materials radiating like relics of a saint" !

Another guy I knew years ago was working cinnabar path and let his flask in the dining room, generating some turboleces in his familiy life. He is now seperated from his wife, maybe alchemy did something bad to his relationship life ? I don't know for sure.

You cannot do the great work in a kitchen, or in the dinning room. You won't exercice with dumbbells in the kitchen right ? Or beginning to paint a big canva there.
Kitchen is for kitchening, dining room for dining.

A lab for "labing".

That's my opinion.

Andro
01-18-2014, 12:33 PM
You cannot do the great work in a kitchen, or in the dinning room.
Kitchen is for kitchening, dining room for dining. A lab for "labing". That's my opinion.

A dedicated/consecrated 'space' would be indeed advised for a variety of reasons (energetic, other family members, everything you mentioned).

The equipment needs are (as usual) tailored to the way one works.

Urbigerus claims that he completed the entire Opus 'on his kitchen stove'.

I guess we'll have to ask him what he means by that (or how he did it) :)

Awani
01-18-2014, 04:47 PM
Diet is a big deal, so the body can be the lab also.

:cool:

Arrakis
01-23-2014, 06:30 AM
Hi Androgynus,
Not such a long time, we talked through email the other day :)
Undoubtingly, the alchemical language is often used metaphorically or meaning two different senses. This is for the matters; for the 'modus operandii'; or for the tools themselves. As for the tools, which is the subject in this thread, the term 'vessel' refers in some particular ways to a natural matter acting as vessel or as utter of the 'prima materia'. As long as the necessary conditions are given, it is not too important how the matter is hold. That's why in very particular cases, not even a sealed flask is needed.
To put a more known example, in the cinnabar way a glass vessel is needed as for 'philosophical egg', where as in the dry way of antimony the 'philosophical egg' is a calcium matter obtained naturally during the previous operations.

Arrakis

Arrakis
01-23-2014, 07:02 AM
Can we make Alchemy with no Lab ?

Good question ...

Andro stress about the simplicity to acheive the "thing" by just a very limited space and very limited tools.

It is, indeed the case, and even in the case of more particular ways, an alembic, a retort, an athanor are required. Guerilla alchemy can do as better as a high grade Lab sometime.

But you need to know perfectly what you have to do.

For example, my curiosity in some processes will ask me to have a serious Lab.
I feel more comfortable having a dedicated space, with my matter, glasswares, crucibles ... I can mess it, and secure it.

I have a friend having no space for his alembic, and he is so anxious because it is in the kitchen, his wife and daughter messing around, preparing food, etc. As it is a very fragile alembic, and quite expansive one also, he prefered to stop his experiments.
Unfortunate, because he is able to work very nicely and to get "materials radiating like relics of a saint" !

Another guy I knew years ago was working cinnabar path and let his flask in the dining room, generating some turboleces in his familiy life. He is now seperated from his wife, maybe alchemy did something bad to his relationship life ? I don't know for sure.

You cannot do the great work in a kitchen, or in the dinning room. You won't exercice with dumbbells in the kitchen right ? Or beginning to paint a big canva there.
Kitchen is for kitchening, dining room for dining.

A lab for "labing".

That's my opinion.

Hi Salazius,
Alchemy can be understood in different sides. What we discuss here is not really a question of spacial or finantial limitations, it is a question of concepts. To me 'high grade lab' are those conditions given to provoque the deeper and faster changes into the matter, and I believe that simplicity and naturality are essential in that purpose. While as complicated labs are 'guerilla alchemy'.
Having said that, even being able to use a big lab with plenty of tools/vessels we would refuse it in order to go into 'higher alchemy', if you ascertain what I'm meaning.

Arrakis

Andro
01-23-2014, 07:04 AM
In the most 'classical' way, only an earthen vessel is required to hold the Ph. Vessel/Matter(s), and some auxiliary wares may be needed on the side for convenience.

Also, for the 'classical' way, 'The Beginnings' (a.k.a. 'Labors of Hercules') may vary between operators, and as such may require different 'tools'.

I am personally very UN-interested in the likes of Cinnabar & Antimony, but it doesn't mean I invalidate them.

My personal goal is not only to complete the Great Work (when we're ready for each other - or when I'm ready for myself :)), but also to do it in the most simple & elegant way possible.

I'm in no hurry. There are other things in my life that need to occur in parallel...

PS: Email ain't talking :)

PPS:
Even being able to use a big lab with plenty of tools/vessels we would refuse it in order to go into 'higher alchemy'.

I am similarly inclined. I've already said it lots of times, most of my lab gear that I acquired over past years, has been in storage for quite some time...

PPPS: So, to this topic, yes, I would agree that theoretically, even a college student living in a dorm would be able to commence the work with some good initial understanding.

Arrakis
01-23-2014, 07:28 AM
In the most 'classical' way, only an earthen vessel is required to hold the Ph. Vessel/Matter(s), and some auxiliary wares may be needed on the side for convenience.

Also, for the 'classical' way, 'The Beginnings' (a.k.a. 'Labors of Hercules') may vary between operators, and as such may require different 'tools'.

My personal goal is not only to complete the Great Work (when we're ready for each other - or when I'm ready for myself :)), but also to do it in the most simple & elegant way possible.

Very agree, that's exactly what I meant :)

I am personally very UN-interested in the likes of Cinnabar & Antimony, but it doesn't mean I invalidate them.

It was to put a known example for every one here to help in understanding the concept I was meaning, but definitely not to be mixed up with the ways referred here.

Email ain't talking.

Ok, comunicating then :)

Andro
01-23-2014, 09:08 AM
Very agree, that's exactly what I meant :)

I'm SO glad this thread has taken this direction...

I also want to add that a Friend and I have sort of set a goal for ourselves to jointly develop a Way of Inner Alchemy (using our bodies/minds) that is simple, teachable and that accurately reflects/mirrors the EXACT same Laws/Principles as 'Lab' Alchemy. It requires no sexual or other types of partnering, as it can be efficiently performed by oneself, with no need for ANY 'external' lab. (Although, personally, for me, a combination of both would be ideal...)

Some promising initial results have already been experienced/observed/recorded, and this is something we would really like to develop into a comprehensive 'system' that is easy to teach and communicate, with no hidden/multiple meanings and allegories. It's a work in progress...

It may take some time & practice, but it's not a difficult one and the outcome appears to be heading towards similar directions as traditional 'Lab' Alchemy. Time will tell...

psykopanther
01-23-2014, 04:30 PM
Androgynus, this last post sounds awesome. I am actually trying to work on my internal lab. but Having a really hard time finding any guidance or direction to begin this. What you are working on sounds like something very much needed in the alchemy community. Personally i believe there is less "threat" in guiding someone in the art by the inner path, then by simply showing them the physical manisfestation of a stone. After one learns and understands the inner path, he may understand the "bigger picture" of the art and God. therefore learning to know yet fear god if using the art for personal gain.
thanks and very very much look forward to seeing how this progresses. wouldnt hurt for pointers now though lol :P

Andro
01-23-2014, 04:45 PM
What you are working on sounds like something very much needed in the alchemy community.
Personally i believe there is less "threat" in guiding someone in the art by the inner path, then by simply showing them the physical manifestation of a stone.
After one learns and understands the inner path, he may understand the "bigger picture" of the art and God, therefore learning to know yet fear god if using the art for personal gain.

Thank you, and I agree with what you wrote. But the word 'fear' is an inaccurate & potentially misleading translation of the Hebrew 'יראה'. The right translation is 'awe' :)

Very much look forward to seeing how this progresses. Wouldn't hurt for pointers now though.

We're looking forward too. We probably won't 'release' anything until it's further tested and developed, but when it's ready, there will be absolutely no airs of mystery surrounding it - just simple, almost 'mechanical' applications of hermetic laws... And the rest will just take care of itself... Like I said, it's still a work in progress...

Andro
02-04-2014, 09:38 AM
From 'Fountain Of Philosophic Salts':

I began to put my laboratory in order, picking up the glass instruments, pots, and other vessels that were lying here and there.
I also repaired some furnaces. Finally, when I had spent the whole day on these tasks, I was tired, and sat down on one of the chairs at the table.
Sleep came over me very swiftly. I had scarcely closed my eyes when someone opened the door. I saw a funny little man. He greeted me warmly.
He said that he was a student of chemistry and wanted me to teach him. He said that he had come to meet me because he had heard about my work.
I began a conversation with him and asked him how he liked my instruments. Then he asked me which operations I used them for. I told him that I was looking for the stone.
He smiled and said that he thought I must be using such remarkable instruments to deceive careless people. He said I would see that I had really been deceiving myself instead.

Note (in the context of this thread) how The Visitor thought that the Alchemist was using "such remarkable instruments" to "deceive careless people"...

Leon Corlew
02-18-2014, 04:37 AM
Thank you all for this advice, sorry for the slow reply. The beginning of a new semester has slowed my research and unfortunately I have not yet sufficiently oriented myself with all this material to begin experiments but when I do I'll definitely read back through this thread, and post some pictures of my tiny dorm room lab!

Arrakis
02-20-2014, 03:04 AM
Inner Alchemy (using our bodies/minds) that is simple, teachable and that accurately reflects/mirrors the EXACT same Laws/Principles as 'Lab' Alchemy.

Absolutely.