PDA

View Full Version : Frozen (Disney - 2013)

Dragonsblood
01-15-2014, 09:48 AM
Enjoyed this movie, some interesting visuals and dialogue.

A lot of use of six pointed star (snowflake) fractal - which is also explicitly mentioned in the song of the liberated magical sister. No further comment on the alchemical imagery, please add any that stood out for you if you like to discuss.

Some hints for astrological influences & changes given:

Significant changes announced concerning e.g., the "main trade partner" who spouts the line - they don't call me the "Little Dipper" for nothing. Also development with the character who has twelve brothers.

The movie is a distinct break from normal Disney princess type tales, and is the first to be directed by a male-female couple. The characters are also mostly self initiating - moving from being Frozen, e.g. due to past hurts and opening the heart (the initiation of this period).

The overall energy fits in well with the Imagine Dragons song - Radio active.

Awani
01-17-2014, 10:37 PM
I disagree... but then again it was too horrible to watch from beginning to end. Very bad musical, IMO. Disney has utterly lost it and have not, again IMO, made a good animated film since... well since Alice in Wonderland probably.

If you want an animated film with some alchemical imagery/inspiration check out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McM0_YHDm5A

(although I prefer the subtitled version, and not the American dubbed version as this is)

:cool:

Dragonsblood
01-18-2014, 10:15 AM
Studio Ghibli are old masters, operating at another level than Disney (who brought us the likes of Britney Spears and Miley Cirus) but there is some value to be found in Disney in terms of the western mythology.

Thanks for reminding me - will watch Ghibli's catalogue again.