PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Scotland

Transmutation2
01-20-2014, 07:20 PM
Greetings everyone, I would just like to say thank you for letting me join. I have many interests which tend to consume me, I love to study cultures, ancients texts and wisdom, History, nature, science, geometry, religions, magic, cardistry.....the list goes on :)

I have always been one for projects, taking things apart and looking at the mechanics of things.
I closely watched the seasons change from when I was a kid, I used to love looking at the stars.
I found my self when I was growing up tending to talk to adults as people never really had the same interests.
I joined the Masons hoping to further my knowledge and Hermetic philosophy and semiology, but I was rather disappointed to find out that the majority of them are just there for a gentlemen's club type meeting, they just rehearse the rites and try to perform the play as best they can without fault, without paying attention to what they say actually means, I tend to delve quite deeply into things.

My study of Greco, Egyptian, Western and oriental Tao philosophy inevitably lead me to Alchemy and in style true to my nature I plan to build a lab where I can conduct physical alchemy.
I read the book the Kyballion and found it a wonderful read, I plan to add corpus hermeticus to my small library, there are various other books ive got jotted down and I hope to buy them soon.

I would be extremely grateful for help and guidance from fellow brothers and sisters of the practice in my endeavour to study alchemy.

I look forward to chatting with you all soon.

Kind regards
Scott

Andro
01-20-2014, 07:30 PM
Greetings, Scott from Scotland!

The wee birdies sing and the wild flow'rs spring,
And in sunshine the waters are sleepin';
But the broken heart it kens nae second spring again,
Tho' the waefu' may cease frae their greetin'Which Road will it be? The High Road or The Low Road?

I guess we'll find out...

Kind Welcome!

Krisztian
01-20-2014, 09:13 PM
Scott from Scotland!

I joined the Masons hoping to further my knowledge and Hermetic philosophy and semiology, but I was rather disappointed to find out that the majority of them are just there for a gentlemen's club type meeting, . . .

The Hermetic philosophy is neatly hidden in those rites, but as you seem to point out majority of Masons have little knowledge of it. It's the same in my area of the world.

But I'll also say, that the rites are initiatory in nature. Meant to be experienced in other words. So whether one knows it intellectually or not, there's something about it that can bring out changes and shifts.

. . . in style true to my nature I plan to build a lab where I can conduct physical alchemy.

Take your time. Do your research. Then you can slowly build up quite a good lab.

I would be extremely grateful for help and guidance from fellow brothers and sisters of the practice in my endeavour to study alchemy.

There's much misinformation, dead-end paths, misleadings in this Art, either find 'tuition' with experienced alchemist or slowly use intuition to read, read, read, and reread alchemy literature. Then, do undertake simple operations like distillation, digestion, etc. I would encourage you to 'get in contact' with the spirit of this Art. Once that's accomplished you'll find doors open, operations turn out for you in ways others wouldn't dream of.

Welcome!

Awani
01-20-2014, 10:41 PM
Welcome!

:cool:

black
01-20-2014, 11:48 PM
Welcome Transmutation 2

with all the information here in Alchemy Forums you may not need to buy more books.
And so much on the web at the tip of you fingers, save yur money for the lab work.

All the best.

Kiorionis
01-21-2014, 03:39 AM
I have always been one for projects, taking things apart and looking at the mechanics of things.

hey me too :)

Maybe someday you'll end up Worshipful Master with your True knowledge of the rituals?

welcome to the forums!

Transmutation2
01-21-2014, 04:55 AM
Thank you for the warm welcome :)

DonSweet
01-21-2014, 05:34 AM
Welcome Scott the Scot ...

Best of wishes for your endeavors. Welcome.

My personal view is that the Great Work starts with the Inner, and is then manifest in the Outer in the lab. Not only do we need to contemplate the Inner Work, the Mercury and the Sulfur should be in balance before it manifests the Salt. Contemplation gets you there. Some prefer "prayer" while others call it "meditation" but either way it is the Inner Work.

Krisztian mentions both tuition and intuition, and this is correct. Both in balance.

Often, intuition will lead you to sources ... the "tuition" you need to continue your pursuit of intuition. It is an active seeking.

It's a matter of opening yourself up with receptive energy. After all, the majority of the Great Work is vibrational or energy.

We are taught by the wider culture to close down rather than open up. Even everyday experiences will also tend to close us off from being receptive ... fear, anxiety, negative social experiences ... and we close off and go inward.

Inward is, in fact, the goal, but it is not a forced or coerced issue. That's a dead end. That leads to ego. Again, we balance our [vibrational] connection to both life and the ethereal, not close ourselves off from it. All are vibration, and coming in tune with those vibrations you seek will get you there.

Naturally, none of this is easy and essentially represents the path sought by conscious, reasoning beings for millennia. It can be daunting. You are now on that path ... but remember this ...

"There has never been and will never be someone exactly like you. In the History of The Universe and into the Future until the end of Time, there will never be another you. Walk that path with reverence and be open to your uniqueness and your sacred journey."

-- Don Sweet

Andro
01-21-2014, 09:05 AM

hey me too :)

It's the Attack of the Virgos! We're surrounded :eek:

(I'm saying this because this is the (stereo)typical Virgo Archetype - taking things apart and find out how they work... so take it with a grain of... something :))

simplicity is king

פשטות היא מלך

After English & Hebrew, now Greek & Latin as well, please :cool:

And then Bird Language too!

Salazius
01-21-2014, 11:14 AM
Welcome !

DonSweet
01-21-2014, 03:01 PM
I donno Androgynus ... I'm a Cancerian and I've done exactly that almost impuslively -- take things apart and put them back together -- since I could walk ... **smile**

And Salazius ... Does your blog have an English version? ... and your choice of background shows up on my monitor with a striking 3D effect. Nice.

Andro
01-21-2014, 03:10 PM
I donno Androgynus ... I'm a Cancerian and I've done exactly that almost impulsively -- take things apart and put them back together -- since I could walk ...

Then check your chart for any other significant Virgo/6th House placements :)

Also, the fact that's it's a typically Virgo trait doesn't mean others don't have it as well.

Transmutation2
01-21-2014, 03:59 PM
excellent, thanks guys :)

Transmutation2
01-22-2014, 01:16 PM
Im Aquarius btw :)

hexahedron
02-05-2014, 05:48 AM
Hello. I can't really say welcome, since I am probably a newer addition than you!

When I was a kid I loved those books on how things work with the schematic diagrams of locks and toilets and stuff.

I have always been curious about how things work... mechanically, systematically, etc.

It's funny because I feel like this part of me has always been there and just grown into the person I am today.

It's really interesting that you joined the Masons. I've heard of people being a part of it, but never really met and talked to anyone who was.

Deeper meaning seems to leap out at me, but it doesn't appear to be that way for everyone.

Nice to read your intro. All the best!