PDA

View Full Version : Hello everybody

green
01-20-2014, 11:34 PM
Greeting everyone! My name is Brandon and I live in myrtle beach South Carolina. The beach is wonderful here and I enjoy long summers of surfing and beach bumming. I started my quest for truth when I first moved here in 09', I was doing some theft shopping when the book appeared right before my eyes, Taoism- the complete system of self healing. The book opened up my world and had me going down the spiritual path in no time. I guess you could say I was getting back to nature, getting some rhythm in my body, increasing my awareness. Well, a couple of my bad habits huiave really stalled my spiritual progression, but I believe everything happens for a reason. Anyways now I'm ready to stop inflicting pain on myself and live out my karma. I was walking out of yoga class one day and saw a mark stavish book on alchemy. After that I ordered a distillation setup. Wish I would have taken my time I could have a much better setup if I would have waited and read some more. Oh well that's part of my personality I need to correct. Anyways that's my shpeel(spelling). My apogee for being all over the place in this intro, I'm typing it from my phone. I look forward to meeting everyone, namaste.

Andro
01-21-2014, 09:12 AM
Hello Brandon / Green ~

Ah... Long summers and beach bumming... One day, one day...

The Water's lovely, dark and deep
But I have promises to keep
And miles to go before I sleep.

I hope you'll enjoy the learning & sharing experience here, and don't forget to dig deep into the large (and growing) archives & database - lots of little treasures spread & buried all over the place...

Welcome to Alchemy Forums!

Awani
01-21-2014, 10:44 AM
Welcome!

:cool:

black
01-21-2014, 11:21 PM
Welcome Green.

theFool
01-22-2014, 09:13 AM
[...] Taoism- the complete system of self healing. The book opened up my world and had me going down the spiritual path in no time. Hello. I think, Taoism offers the most detailed and well preserved explanation about internal alchemy compared to what one can find in other philosophies.
Welcome to the forums :)

Krisztian
01-24-2014, 06:05 PM
. . . I was doing some theft shopping when the book appeared right before my eyes, Taoism

I have always rendered the highest regard also for Taoism, can't say the same for the previous 'action' you mention.

Mantak Chia has some things to offer, one of many.

. . . After that I ordered a distillation setup. Wish I would have taken my time I could have a much better setup if I would have waited and read some more. . .

Can't tell you how many times I heard that exact regret, in favour of patience.

Welcome!

green
01-24-2014, 07:36 PM
Kristian that was a typo I meant "thrift"

hexahedron
02-05-2014, 05:33 AM
Have you experienced any really amazing or crazy things since you've been on a spiritual path?

I had a few interesting things happen when I was in Australia. I randomly met a Yoga Master (He literally did a Master's Degree in Yogic Theory), and a guy who had studied martial arts with the Shao Lin Monks. The whole encounter was pretty wild, but around that time (a bit before even), some stuff was happening... weather changing rapidly, dreams, things like that.

I don't know why, but I guess maybe your beaches talk got me remembering that. Lots of beaches in Australia!