PDA

View Full Version : The Chemical Theater

solomon levi
01-28-2014, 11:10 PM
Theatrum Chemicum Britannicum first published in 1652, is an extensively annotated compilation of English alchemical literature selected by Elias Ashmole. The book preserved and made available many works that had previously existed only in privately held manuscripts. It features the alchemical verse of people such as Thomas Norton, George Ripley, Geoffrey Chaucer, John Gower, John Lydgate, John Dastin, Abraham Andrews and William Backhouse.
In his preface Ashmole says of himself, "I must profess I know enough to hold my tongue, but not enough to speak."

The volume is described as Theatrum Chemicum Britannicum. Containing Severall Poetical Pieces of our Famous English Philosophers, who have written the Hermetique Mysteries in their owne Ancient Language. Faithfully Collected into one Volume, with Annotations thereon, by Elias Ashmole, Esq. Qui est Mercuriophilus Anglicus

------------------------------------
Theatrum Chemicum ("Chemical Theatre"), is a compendium of early alchemical writings published in six volumes over the course of six decades. The first three volumes were published in 1602, while the final sixth volume was published in its entirety in 1661. Theatrum Chemicum remains the most comprehensive collective work on the subject of alchemy ever published in the Western world.
The full title of the work is Theatrum Chemicum, pręcipuos selectorum auctorum tractatus de Chemię et Lapidis Philosophici Antiquitate, veritate, jure pręstantia, et operationibus continens in gratiam verę Chemię et Medicinę Chemicę Studiosorum (ut qui uberrimam unde optimorum remediorum messem facere poterunt) congestum et in quatuor partes seu volumina digestum, though later volumes express slightly modified titles. For the sake of brevity, the work is most often referred to simply as Theatrum Chemicum.

------------------------------
Amphitheatrum sapientiae aeternae: solius, verae : christiano-kabalisticum, divino-magicum, physico-chymicum, tertriunum-catholicum

by Heinrich Kunrath

------------------------------------

There is something to be understood from the use of the word "theater" as something to behold, a place of beholding, and all the correspondences to plays, stage theater, all the world's a stage... shakespeare, francis bacon, john dee, etc... and acting, speech, poetry, philosophy, green language, ancient greek theater, plays and mythology...

It is also useful to watch the Theater of Chemicals, Nature and her players, the three principles, the four elements, the seven planets, etc... which are portrayed in myths, religions, shakespeare's plays, mozart's symphonies, Plato's Democracy and Bacon's New Atlantis, etc...

The student is alchemically transformed by the time s/he can even see there is a language and understand the existence of a puzzle encompassing all these pieces. As long as you search for recipes and materials, you will understand a very limited aspect of alchemy. Alchemy is more about teaching one to be an alchemist than it is about finding or making some thing. The Philosophers' stone is more about teaching one to be a philosopher.

The alchemist/philosopher can then perform "magic"/alchemy because s/he understands the nature of the universe, created and uncreated... the method is "seen" directly, not undertood. One simply follows the line of sight along the "chain" from link to link... there is no speculating, no theorizing... only "seeing"...
... from Greek theatron "theater; the people in the theater; a show, a spectacle," literally "place for viewing," from theasthai "to behold" (cf. thea "a view, a seeing; a seat in the theater," theates "spectator") + -tron, suffix denoting place.

<3

solomon levi
01-28-2014, 11:48 PM
Consider how many years of study it takes to even understand the (green) language of alchemists, and what a different person you are by then.
There is a communication (mercury rules communication) going on, only for those who have "purified" (Cathars) themselves enough to "have ears to hear and eyes to see"...
you become a part of this Invisible College... Francis Bacon's "Knights of the Helmet"... Athena's helmet of invisibility, Kabbalah's Chesed/Zeus/Jupiter/Air/Eagle...
John Dee's Enochian Language of the Angels (messengers/mercury) Enoch (/ˈiːnək/; Hebrew: חֲנוֹךְ, Modern H̱anokh Tiberian Ḥănōḵ; Arabic: إدريس‎ ʼIdrīs) appears in the Book of Genesis and a figure in the Generations of Adam. Enoch is the son of Jared (Gen 5:3-18), the father of Methuselah, and the great-grandfather of Noah. The text reads—uniquely in the Generations—that Enoch "walked with God: and he was no more; for God took him", (Gen 5:22-29)
Knights of the Temple... of Time/Temps/Saturn/Lead/Black/Al khem...

I have never completed the laboratory stone/red powder thing. Since I have been able to see (Derasthai/Dragon) the path (Stibnite, the Way, the Pilgrimage of St. James de Compostella...) I have mostly ceased working in laboratory ways, life itself being my laboratory... I am the moon, the white stone, with no end to maturing... I am a mercury running and living. This has everything to do with esoteric christianity, ancient egypt, the phoenicians, the kesedim/magicians...