PDA

View Full Version : Complementation and Circular Distillation

Melchisedek
02-01-2014, 08:28 AM
This new article of mine analyses the psychological notion of 'integration' and argues that it is not well suited for understanding alchemical and Gnostic symbols.

The Psychology of Complementation

Abstract: Complementation is put forward as an enhancement of the ruling paradigm in psychology. It is defined as the flow of libido (psychic energy) back to the unconscious. The one-sided focus on the integration of the unconscious has deleterious consequences, as it implies that libido must flow only in the conscious direction. It becomes an impediment to individuation. Also, notions of 'integration' and 'wholeness' may have destructive consequences for the social situation in society. Carl Jung's book "Answer to Job" is criticized. The theological concept of 'incarnation' corresponds to the psychological concept of 'integration'. But incarnation is counterbalanced by the glorification of God, which is equally essential. The 'sacrifice', in comparative history of religion, is analyzed in terms of providing for the divine sphere. In psychology, there ought to be a corresponding focus on providing for the unconscious.

Keywords: Gnosticism, alchemy, scintilla, sacrifice, disidentification, Neo-Paganism, Man of Sorrows, sexual cult, Answer to Job, Cultural Marxism.

Read the article here:
http://home7.swipnet.se/~w-73784/complementation.htm

Mats Winther

06-22-2014, 11:50 PM
Melchesedik.

I am all to familiar with the genuine experience of libido reversing it's direction.
Although it can be brought in many ways to a "degree".
I know for fact that their is a physiological equivalent resulting in the highest degree.

When this happens, the subconscious seemingly rises to the consciousness becoming apparent.

This is coupled by overwhelming feelings of joy.
When this happens, the polarity of feelings neutralizes.
IE. A compulsion arose, then neutralized.
Now you have neither aversion nor attraction.
An the choice to do, or not is truly a "choice"

It also results in celibacy becoming dominant.

Etc etc.

It is as simple as saying. Mind and heart are no longer divided.
Yet in this instance, it is libido which acted as the catalyst to unite mind and heart.

Most likely a circulatory/vagus nerve manipulation leads to this state.
I tend to have everything fully documented when I figure out the psychological means to producing this anomaly.
In my 8 years I've only met one other individual to have this experiance. For it also results in increased vitality of mind and body.

Melchisedek
07-07-2014, 05:01 AM
The conclusion is that the alchemical opus cannot be identified with the "integration of the unconscious with consciousness". The page has moved to: http://www.two-paths.com/complementation.htm

Andro
07-07-2014, 06:11 AM
The conclusion is that the alchemical opus cannot be identified with the "integration of the unconscious with consciousness".

MY conclusion (as opposed to THE conclusion :)) is that it can be identified (somewhat) with the integration of the Subconscious with the Superconscious (Higher Mind), similar to the joining of the Highest Heaven with the Lowest Earth, thus rendering the 'normal' self/ego/particular consciousness obsolete, as it is no longer needed as a bridge/medium between 'sub' and 'super'. The Medium has done its job, it can be released now :).

Melchisedek
08-21-2014, 11:54 AM
I have now written a long article that elaborates on the subject. It's highly relevant to spiritual alchemy:
Critique of Individuation. (http://www.two-paths.com/individuation.htm)
/Mats