PDA

View Full Version : A Calling to Those Adepts who have followed the BoA!

Midas Solomon
02-04-2014, 08:56 PM
Come forth and raise your head high. You who study these works are not in working in vain. You know where to find the Prima Materia. You know the mystery of our heat. You know the two energies working within the one supplied. You understand The Subtle salts which are firstly found and pulled from the coarse; and yes, the seperation of our first ingrediant into two which bares the Raven's head in death and is carried up to life on the back of a peacock until it reaches the whitest snows of the heavens. There it meets with the Auric within mountains and, unmarred - evolves into the master tone of everything within this physical plane.

This knowing brings me to ask of you to stay in touch. You who were supplied with the BoA and know of it's teachings - although a couple things are incorrect - much isn't. And we owe it to ourselves, previous past adepts, and the upcoming Golden Age to persue and persist on the matters.

PM me. I look forward to competant conversation again.

Awani
02-04-2014, 09:01 PM
BoA is, from my perspective/perception, not that important for most of us here. We have threads dedicated to it. Do a search if you want to find them.

:cool:

Awani
02-04-2014, 09:13 PM
See this thread: The Book of Aquarius (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?2058-The-Book-of-Aquarius)

Midas Solomon
02-04-2014, 09:21 PM
That saddens me deeply. Never the less; Thank you.

It is too bad these works (a collaboration on alchemy for several centuries) have come to be seen as...unworthy to be viewed as a possible and viable means to make the Elixir.

But like I said, for those who have the refined senses to percieve them. I mean no disrespect in this statement - some people see sports cars and motor-cycles on a highway while others see mini-vans and station wagons - I mean to say you see what you reflect that is within your own subconscious; not an attack of intellect.

I have seen this work through, and Know - not believe that the works within the BoA to be an accurate guideline to making the Stone and thus achieving our Magistery. Although the Author's heats, which salts to seperate, and how long it should take are off a bit - It in whole cannot be seen as fiction for it works within nature and humbly purifies an environment and sets the conditions to do what Nature herself does in leisure.

What else could Adepts within our Art concern themselves with than obtaining the Elixir? More specifically - what do the people that post on this site concern themselves with as far as Alchemy is considered?

theFool
02-04-2014, 11:29 PM
Come forth and raise your head high. You who study these works are not in working in vain. You know where to find the Prima Materia. You know the mystery of our heat. You know the two energies working within the one supplied. You understand The Subtle salts which are firstly found and pulled from the coarse; and yes, the seperation of our first ingrediant into two which bares the Raven's head in death and is carried up to life on the back of a peacock until it reaches the whitest snows of the heavens. There it meets with the Auric within mountains and, unmarred - evolves into the master tone of everything within this physical plane.

This knowing brings me to ask of you to stay in touch. You who were supplied with the BoA and know of it's teachings - although a couple things are incorrect - much isn't. And we owe it to ourselves, previous past adepts, and the upcoming Golden Age to persue and persist on the matters.

PM me. I look forward to competant conversation again. I don't think we have other members who follow and understand the "Book of Aquarius" here (or they have not expressed it openly yet). In any case, you are welcome to discuss the processes described in this book either in the relevant thread here: http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?2058-The-Book-of-Aquarius
or by opening a more specific thread in the proper area of the forum. For example, you could open a thread in the "practical alchemy" area of the forum dealing with your attempts and experiences on attempting to perform the work described in that book. (search first, because we already have enough threads dealing with urine, some may interest you)

PM me. I look forward to competant conversation again. This forum is open, and this is what makes great. Everyone can benefit from a public conversation. It could also attract members who are not registered yet here. PM is generally used later, after some discussion has been done in the open, in order to clarify or deepen comunication between two members. Just my opinion.

Midas Solomon
02-05-2014, 12:06 AM
I would so much love to be wide open with this matter - but like those who found themselves inside the forums discussing such work with the very same information appeared to many like fools squabbling over the orders of color within a rainbow and the sounds that they must represent - where the colors reflected by the refraction are every color except what the observer can witness and parellel harmonics they seek can never be actionable for they look not for the symphonies that cause transmutations within matter but rely on the weight to come from the instrumental song of a subharmonic instead of finding that which plays the strings of metals (Ambiant Energy) and excite them while playing the desired body of music in the language they understand (electric resonance)

theFool
02-05-2014, 12:12 PM
I would so much love to be wide open with this matter - but [..] I understand your reluctance and respect it.

like those who found themselves inside the forums discussing such work with the very same information appeared to many like fools squabbling over the orders of color within a rainbow and the sounds that they must represent May I ask here in which forums the things you describe took place? I don't have much of experience on what was going on in the BoA forum. I had a small glimpse of it only when it was at the beginning and I believe that there were many serious members there, probably not already accomplished alchemists but willing to try and learn by practice.

Eshai
02-05-2014, 12:55 PM
I sent you a PM, SM. Just wanted to let you know here, because the Notification icon on this forum is a little obscure unless you are looking for it.

Lunsola
02-07-2014, 09:18 PM
The BoA is what got me interested in alchemy on a slow day back in 2011. It's actually not the worst introduction considering it is written pretty well and sounds convincing. When it comes to actual lab alchemy though it contributes little if anything compared to any decent work imo. Like 95% of what he said just doesn't sync up at all. I tried his methods when I first got started and just felt them to be wrong. Truth be told I haven't met anyone who has been able to get real results with his methods. After learning a lot more about alchemy it's actually quite hilarious that everything he took from the old authors was either misinterpreted or the worthless sections meant to mislead. It was like he couldn't have wrote it worse if he tried. It was a very strange thing looking back on it to see him acknowledging there exists a subtle life force then proceeding to attempt to capture/manifest it by using typical scientific means.

I don't mean to speak bad of the author. He fulfilled his purpose which was to bring more people to alchemy. It's just comical and ironic what he really believes about himself and his destiny.

Awani
02-07-2014, 09:32 PM
It's just comical and ironic what he really believes about himself and his destiny.

It is very comical that these traits befall almost all modern alchemists lurking on the Internet. A true Master and Adept does not need the acknowledgement of other people. I rather be guided by a student of the Art rather than a self-proclaimed teacher.

If the BoA author is deemed worthy of entering the pantheon of great alchemists he will do so, but in a 100+ years. Great people never experience their greatness within their lifetime... not the ones that become known anyway.

There are lots of Masters out there that keeps to themselves and rightly soon. One of the main secrets of alchemy is the fact that once you have achieved the Stone you don't need other people reverence. So beware folks!

Anyone claiming they have mastered alchemy and is trying to recruit you to follow them are NOTHING but an egotistical, greedy, self-serving megalomaniac... and in my reality they are also a joke!

IMO!

Lunsola
02-07-2014, 09:51 PM
It's true, a lot of us have to go down that road. I've had some shameful thoughts myself on the matter. Of course painfully embarrassing lab work really helped keep me humble. But as a student of philosophy I wished to be more on the path of wisdom. Actually for me alchemy has been more of a journey not only of lab principles but universal principles in regards to life.

I would agree to avoid the ones who call themselves masters and especially the ones who make the really big claims. It's always a dead giveaway in alchemy when someone makes outrageous claims. *** was one who had a massive problem with that, may he rest in peace.

Krisztian
02-07-2014, 09:56 PM
After learning a lot more about alchemy it's actually quite hilarious that everything he took from the old authors was either misinterpreted or the worthless sections meant to mislead. It was like he couldn't have wrote it worse if he tried. It was a very strange thing looking back on it to see him acknowledging there exists a subtle life force then proceeding to attempt to capture/manifest it by using typical scientific means.

If you carefully look at modern literature on alchemy, the thinking about it, around it, is all physical. One needs to overcome that, to understand the Old Masters, I believe. They 'kill' the very substance they try to 'capture' by their modern lab-methods.

I don't mean to speak bad of the author.

I sensed that from you, Lunsola; it's a dialogue on the matter-at-hand, right?

He fulfilled his purpose which was to bring more people to alchemy. It's just comical and ironic what he really believes about himself and his destiny.

I believe, in the greater scheme of things, it will actually turn away people after they leave "convinced" that alchemy doesn't work or, get confused more because the 'education' they received already planted wrong seeds about what is and what is not. Misinformation is very important in all espionage work or for the mechanism of social control.

Awani
02-07-2014, 09:56 PM
*** was one who had a massive problem with that, may he rest in peace.

And both are also related i.e. one cause the other.

Andro
02-07-2014, 10:03 PM

Kris, what are you referring to by 'the matter at hand'?

Urine as working matter in the BoA?

Or the 'matter' of claiming mastery?

Lunsola
02-07-2014, 10:12 PM
If you carefully look at modern literature on alchemy, the thinking about it, around it, is all physical. One needs to overcome that, to understand the Old Masters, I believe. They 'kill' the very substance they try to 'capture' by their modern lab-methods.

I like your way of looking at it.

Well I'm not so sure. I might just appear civil on it to appease the rules/guidelines. I'm very child like and plenty of immature about a lot of things.

I believe, in the greater scheme of things, it will actually turn away people after they leave "convinced" that alchemy doesn't work or, get confused more because the 'education' they received already planted wrong seeds about what is and what is not. Misinformation is very important in all espionage work or for the mechanism of social control.

That could be so but for me it definitely wasn't the case. He convinced me if only briefly that alchemy was real which led me into other books/works. I had never even seen an alchemy text before that. It was definitely a very positive note for my life when he released that.

And both are also related i.e. one cause the other.

Indeed, universal principles at work.

Krisztian
02-07-2014, 10:13 PM
Kris, what are you referring to by 'the matter at hand'?

Yeah, forgive me, I meant a figure of speech. We're just discussing, having a dialogue.

Illen A. Cluf
02-07-2014, 10:43 PM
Anyone claiming they have mastered alchemy and is trying to recruit you to follow them are NOTHING but an egotistical, greedy, self-serving megalomaniac... and in my reality they are also a joke!

IMO!

I couldn't agree more. I read the BoA years ago, and it didn't take long to realize that the author is definitely NOT an Adept. Nobody is an Adept who has not produced the Stone, yet there are hundreds who claim to be an Adept without ever having produced it. At least this author claimed not to have produced the Stone. His book was grossly premature, and thus a disservice to the alchemy community.

Krisztian
02-07-2014, 10:53 PM
That could be so but for me it definitely wasn't the case. He convinced me if only briefly that alchemy was real which led me into other books/works. I had never even seen an alchemy text before that. It was definitely a very positive note for my life when he released that.

The point being, for me at least, that these short fun experiences are good, but unless one benefits from making medicine, healing or what have you, it is a 'dead issue' in all. In other words, it's merely Western-styled entertainment, latest vogue, for ego. So it is more rewarding as intended by alchemists of Old if it comes to be a way of life (viz., illumination), balanced view of the world, and essentially leading to transmutation. You see my point?

So what it did was, lead someone on a short phase of 3 to 4 years adventure, then one 'naturally' wonders away from lab-alchemy. That's not the original intent of alchemists of Old. But the initial thrill that BoA produced, and now the sail taken out of it, fits that basic method of 'misleading'.

But it is what it is. Neither right or wrong, I'm just simply making a point.

thoth
02-08-2014, 03:38 PM
I believe BOA it was very useful as it drew in people to alchemy who might not otherwise have looked into it because it can be so incomprehensible. It gave them a handle on what looked like a way to understand it. Even though the method is flawed (in my opinion). Maybe after people tried the method they had a spring board to investigate other area.

The advice to stick to the texts from the 1600's was not bad either

But yea you are right, beware of the giant ego.
I believe the forum was closed down abruptly more than once and that is no way to treat people. Maybe that was intentional - to set people off in their own directions

Illen A. Cluf
02-08-2014, 04:09 PM
I believe BOA it was very useful as it drew in people to alchemy who might not otherwise have looked into it because it can be so incomprehensible. It gave them a handle on what looked like a way to understand it.

Yes, but it was still the wrong and misleading way to approach Alchemy, and now leaves a foul taste in those who were first attracted to Alchemy. In a way, this type of exposure might be helpful as a learning tool in which to evaluate other claims, since the Alchemy community is literally filled with pretenders, egotists, the misguided and the delusional. Over the many years, I have interacted with literally many hundreds of people interested in Alchemy, and of those, I've only found a very small handful whose intentions are sincere. And of those, I can count on only a few fingers those who are primarily interested in the theory, philosophy and esoterics/hermetics behind Alchemy, before they are properly prepared for the lab practice. You only have to look at the huge library of books on Alchemy to see how few even discuss the theory and esoterics/hermetics, and of those almost all do not even approach it correctly, in my opinion. There are a few isolated books that indirectly touch on it, but none that I know of, which are not only dedicated to it, but seem to know what they are talking about. Many delve into radical, melodramatic and imaginative New Age nonsense.

Of course esoterics lies behind many approaches, other than alchemy, that attempt to address our place in Nature/Gnosis and our higher purpose in this world, and how such knowledge has been passed down to us, mostly verbally or with symbolic means, over thousands of years. And I'm quite aware that this knowledge cannot be well explained in any book. But, in my opinion, it certainly indicates the huge degree of delusion and self-serving pretense that exists in the realm of alchemical teaching.

Ghislain
02-08-2014, 07:39 PM
Illen would you not agree that alchemical practice is unique to the individual as much of oneself goes into the great work and if this is correct then how can anyone give instruction to another in a book?

Alchemy is a path one must travel using their own I individual map, perhaps stopping now and then to ask directions.

This is why each writing appears to contradict another, because they are written by and for that particular individual.

The moment one sees these writings as a map to be followed by all is the moment one steps on the wrong path. IMO

Ghislain

Illen A. Cluf
02-08-2014, 08:40 PM
Illen would you not agree that alchemical practice is unique to the individual as much of oneself goes into the great work and if this is correct then how can anyone give instruction to another in a book?

Alchemy is a path one must travel using their own I individual map, perhaps stopping now and then to ask directions.

This is why each writing appears to contradict another, because they are written by and for that particular individual.

The moment one sees these writings as a map to be followed by all is the moment one steps on the wrong path. IMO

Ghislain

I agree. I believe that the journey is indeed unique, but that the end truth is the same for everyone. In other words, there is only one Truth, but there are as many pathways to it as there are humans. But this is difficult to express since even incorrect pathways are necessary parts of Truth. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I believe there is only one final ultimate realization that encompasses - well, everything.

Having said that, I believe there are an extraordinary number of false paths to that penultimate realization, and that today, more than anytime, the vast majority are following those paths. So I think that there are guidelines in how to limit those pathways to ones that follow the 'right' (i.e. in terms of 'final' realization) direction. It is this guidance that can be taught to those who are 'ready' by one who knows the way (i.e. one who has approached the final level of understanding).

Likewise with Alchemy. I believe that there are an extraordinary number of false paths, and that almost all people studying alchemy are following those paths. These are the "easy" paths. In other words, those who follow recipes almost literally like *** once did. The lab work itself may be difficult, but what I'm referring to is the 'understanding' of the process itself which is the most difficult part. Very few people I know are deeply interested in the theoretical, philosophical, and esoteric/hermetic background behind Achemy. Most skip over the theoretical parts of treatises and jump right to the practical parts. I firmly believe that the practical parts are blinds, leading to false pathways, and that the only keys to understanding the practice is contained in the theoretical parts. However, even the theoretical parts are grossly incomplete, and I believe that they are only segways that trigger a more internal symbolic understanding of hermetics. Although it 'may' be possible for an adept to teach a process, step by step, that converts base metals to gold to someone without a hermetic understanding, I believe that the inner understanding - through this process - will never be properly realized, and the transmutation will have no lasting value other than from a shallow materialistic point of view (which alone is a necessary understanding in one's journey). The entire exercise will be a total waste of effort from a more spiritual point of view.

There was a very important reason why all adepts insisted that Alchemy was a 'Philosophy' first, and that the practitioners were called "Philosophers" rather than "Artisans", or "Chemists" in modern terms.

Thus, in my opinion, there are as many paths as there are humans, but almost all paths go around in circles or lead to dead ends (from a more 'spiritual' point of view). A tiny number of paths do seem to lead to the transmutation of base metals to gold. But only a very small fraction of those paths continue on beyond this physical accomplishment, and lead towards the real hermetic/esoteric reasons why true Adepts hid the Philosophy so carefully from those who are not yet ready to transform themselves.

There is the outward sparkling Fool's Gold that satisfies our endless obsession with outward appearances, and then there is the real Gold, a tiny spark of primordial intent that is hidden deep inside the form of common gold, and which resonates with spiritual gnosis.

Andro
02-08-2014, 09:57 PM
Illen, that was a wonderful post!

It's been a while since I enjoyed reading a post as much as I did this one.

Thank you!

Illen A. Cluf
02-09-2014, 12:44 AM
Illen, that was a wonderful post!

It's been a while since I enjoyed reading a post as much as I did this one.

Thank you!

Thank you. I'm as surprised as you, and am still wondering where all that came from! Somewhere deep inside.

Ghislain
02-09-2014, 04:47 PM
Heartfelt and I couldn't agree more.

Ghislain

thoth
02-10-2014, 08:10 PM
I believe that the practical is just as important as theory, or else Alchemy is just an academic exercise, but of course theory must come first, and with a deep understanding. Even then we could still be on the wrong road, grasping for Ariadne's thread. But ... practical can feed theory.

Theory & practical are like the 2 strands of the helix - reinforcing each other
Sometimes or/often the practical is a dead end, but even then I think we do learn from those dead ends.

I think most serious alchemists are really interested in the mystery of Alchemy, with Gold making being no more than an affiramtion of their theory being correct

Awani
02-10-2014, 09:05 PM
Well if you mean spiritual alchemy when you say theory, then it is not only an academic exercise. It is a daily struggle.

thoth
02-10-2014, 10:02 PM
Maybe you could say the practical is the Body, the theory is the Soul, and the Spiritual is the .......Spirit

Awani
02-10-2014, 10:59 PM
Perhaps, what is the difference between spirit and soul really?

See: Spirit & Soul (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?3913-Spirit-amp-Soul)

Andro
02-12-2014, 06:20 PM
Midas Solomon (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/member.php?8730-Midas-Solomon), where art thou?

You've put out an enthusiastic 'call to arms' regarding the BoA, and at the time of writing this post, a week has passed you haven't even logged in to follow up...

I see that some people have apparently PM'd you, but you won't see those Private Messages ('Notifications', upper right hand corner) unless you log in.

So what's up? Are you interested in pursuing this? Please let us know...

I think this forum could benefit from a serious, open /public discussion on taking the BoA concepts to the next level, in actual practice.

I know you placed a call for Private Messaging, but the thing with forums is that they are about PUBLIC discussions/sharing. They're not Private Messaging services.

The PM feature is a nice bonus for later, more personal interactions. But it's just a nice bonus, not the main thing.

It is much better if everyone can benefit from the overall discussion. As always, some will be interested, some won't and others will add opinions and speculations.

Eventually, those who are truly interested will follow up with the open sharing of perspectives and experience.

So why don't you give it a shot?

Create your NEW practical & experience-based thread in the Practical Alchemy (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/forumdisplay.php?11-Practical-Alchemy) section , and see what happens...

Otherwise, it's just more ado about nothing, IMO.

Midas Solomon, I am officially encouraging you to follow up on your call!

crestind
05-27-2014, 07:21 AM
I would agree to avoid the ones who call themselves masters and especially the ones who make the really big claims. It's always a dead giveaway in alchemy when someone makes outrageous claims. *** was one who had a massive problem with that, may he rest in peace.
Yes, indeed. If only he were here to see :D

Chasm
09-08-2016, 06:34 PM

PM me. I look forward to competant conversation again.
Midas Solomon,
My Russellian Brother in art,
Never a venue around long enough to touch base. I don't see you posting. If you're just hanging around, reach out and say hello.

Awani
09-08-2016, 07:01 PM
Midas Solomon,
My Russellian Brother in art,
Never a venue around long enough to touch base. I don't see you posting. If you're just hanging around, reach out and say hello.

He is no longer part of this forum. And he has behaved in a very non-adept kind of way (even if he claims to be an adept). This is actually standard behavior from BoA people. You might not be able to judge a book by its cover, but you can sure judge a book from its readers.

Chasm
09-08-2016, 07:43 PM
He is no longer part of this forum. And he has behaved in a very non-adept kind of way (even if he claims to be an adept). This is actually standard behavior from BoA people. You might not be able to judge a book by its cover, but you can sure judge a book from its readers.
Why am I not surprised;) BoA was an alchemic cult setting. Still, there were some good people there. I got to know a few quite well. SolMid studied Russell as I did so we vibed with our understanding. He was versed in the art as most active members here are. His practical knowledge was on the cusp of....something! We lost touch when alchemy.ws went down.

SolX
10-02-2017, 02:49 AM
alchemy.ws went down intentionaly

he got what he wanted. that little guy that lives north of the town of sanders in northern england. hes done with you all.

(edit)

which may lead some to contemplate? what would you do with the stone of long life if you had it? ignorant people gave to him what he could not create himself.
so you really should ask? what would merlin's "mordred" do with the stone now?

if given a very long life what would you do different with your short life span? the secret was kept secret for that reason.

onl;y a very few of us know the secrets. and the war of wages-wages on.

SolX
10-02-2017, 03:05 AM
i was that trusting SOLE and the ignorant one. you all SHALL now blame me. i am the one to be held responsible for things yet to come. i changed the timeline.

Kibric
10-03-2017, 04:01 PM
what ?
are you role playing ?

i am the one to be held responsible for things yet to come
you naughty naughty boy

Schmuldvich
10-03-2017, 10:49 PM
what ?
are you role playing ?

you naughty naughty boy

Solx, I believe, is [clinically] schizophrenic