PDA

View Full Version : Hello all.

paramount
02-08-2014, 05:24 PM
Thank you to Dev for allowing me to create an account.

I am new to alchemy and I don't know if I should claim to be an alchemist by any means. You all seem to be much more knowledgeable. I've been lurking for about 3 months but have seen a lot of similarities between what I have been practicing.

A brief summary of my journey. My start began after i lost my father and i went into a deep depression. I shut myself off to the world and lived in solitude for about 7 months which involved heavy drinking and what I explain as visions and hallucinations of what i believed to be demons. I attributed it to the alcohol and lack of sleep. ultimately it came down to whether or not i was going to give in and essentially join what these entities wanted from me. I suppose any shrink would say that i was experiencing some common dark place experienced after tragic events. The end of this time i found the emerald tablets by complete accident and literally moved out of the country to "find myself." what a cliche huh.

I moved to Beijing. For other reasons I omit. During the restructuring of my life I found these amazing things called saunas. I began doing these natural spring steam room marathon meditation sessions. I heard of this thing called misogi. A purification by water to the point of me not being able to really move. Exhaustive meditation. Breaking through. It was around this time i started experiencing numbers, visions, lucid dreams, out of body experiences, increased intuition, and life success financially.

It was going pretty well but I had this vision of a great life change And so it was. Skipping the last 2 years. I primarily believe in meditation. I have seen the benefits and I believe taking the body to the point of submission, Relaxing the mind, helps accomplish the purpose. I don't use drugs to achieve this as I have a personal belief that in this life it is already difficult to ascertain what is real and what is not. But I don't judge anyone who does. As in the end I believe it all comes down to personal belief and it's not my place to force what I perceive to be the truth on others.

I don't know much about ancient history but I believe modern history books to be fabricated . I am interested in learning Latin and doing more research into alchemy. Namely the symbols. I'm very interested in Thoth and Egyptian history. Greek as well. I believe The emerald tablets to be true and my ultimate goal is purification of self and knowledge. I strive to eliminate want and need and abide by God's commandments. Controlling the urges ingrained into man is constant struggle and it's something that I fight and know in time will over come. I fit all religions into my belief as I believe them to be true in some way or another and often they over lap.

I appreciate your time and I hope to learn more by engaging in conversation with all of you. I told Dev it is difficult for me to join because I don't want to be so influenced but there are gaps. Maybe it's my own impatience as all things eventually do become revealed if we go deep enough through introspection.

Awani
02-08-2014, 05:26 PM
Thanks for the intro.

Welcome!

I appreciate your time and I hope to learn more by engaging in conversation with all of you. I told Dev it is difficult for me to join because I don't want to be so influenced but there are gaps. Maybe it's my own impatience as all things eventually do become revealed if we go deep enough through introspection.

Yes!

:cool:

theFool
02-08-2014, 07:00 PM
I am new to alchemy and I don't know if I should claim to be an alchemist by any means. You all seem to be much more knowledgeable.
Don't think like that, the wisdom of every person is different, thus it cannot be measured against another's.

Welcome.

Andro
02-08-2014, 07:18 PM
I strive to eliminate want and need and abide by God's commandments.

Do you mean the 10 commandments? Or something more particular to your vision of it?

Welcome!

paramount
02-08-2014, 09:00 PM
Do you mean the 10 commandments? Or something more particular to your vision of it?

Welcome!

Not THE ten commandments themselves. But rather God's expectations. Which I believe are good foundations to sculpt and "perfect" oneself. A misleading sentence I know.

And thank you for the welcome.

Ghislain
02-09-2014, 04:16 PM
Thank you for such a candid introduction Paramount.

I have meditated for many years now and have barely scratched the surface; I live in hope :)

I feel where you are coming from with the ten commandments, if we could all live by them the world would be a nicer place for everyone.

I take a different spin on religion however; I see religion as a resting place where people stop when they get fatigued walking the path. The path is ever changing and always will be, but religion tries to fix it; as though the path can be mapped for everyone to follow and, in my opinion, it can't as each of us walk our own path.

I hope yours is a smooth one.

Welcome to the forum.

Ghislain

Andro
02-09-2014, 04:21 PM
I feel where you are coming from with the ten commandments, if we could all live by them the world would be a nicer place for everyone.

Ghislain, I'm not sure he meant the 10 commandments :)

Or am I misunderstanding something here?

Do you mean the 10 commandments?
Not THE ten commandments themselves. But rather God's expectations.
Which I believe are good foundations to sculpt and "perfect" oneself.
A misleading sentence I know.

We also have these two possibly related threads: God's Will (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?3428-God-s-Will) & Who Represents God (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?3573-who-represents-God).

Ghislain
02-09-2014, 04:31 PM
I still stand by what I said Androgynus, even if it was a little misconstrued relating to what Paramount meant. We couldn't go far wrong living by the ten commandments, IMO :confused:

Ghislain

Andro
02-09-2014, 04:49 PM
I still stand by what I said Androgynus, even if it was a little misconstrued relating to what Paramount meant.

I know you stand by what you said, but it's Mercury Retrograde (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?3255-Mercury-Retrograde-November-2012), so communication can suffer sometimes...

Krisztian
02-09-2014, 07:07 PM
. . . My start began after i lost my father and i went into a deep depression. . . I suppose any shrink would say that i was experiencing some common dark place experienced after tragic events. . .

My profession is just that. But I see that depression is vital (for deep change) and essential to break out from the circuitry of the body we were [this time around] born with.

Thank you for your sincere reflection of introduction, I found it validating of the experiences you had. Many tend to post manic ramblings about "knowing this and knowing that" but the essence of the reflections are equally fake. I'm not surprised you practice what you stated below. . .

I primarily believe in meditation. I have seen the benefits and I believe taking the body to the point of submission . . . .

So do I.

Welcome, genuine Brother!