PDA

View Full Version : Spirit & Soul

Awani
02-10-2014, 11:00 PM
What is the difference? I prefer spirit over soul (sounds a bit religious).

The same? Different?

:cool:

Kiorionis
02-10-2014, 11:29 PM
Different!

Meaning that I think the soul is an individual manifestation of the Spirit.

So basically the same thing ;)

Seth-Ra
02-11-2014, 03:06 AM
I think it just depends on one's terminology they like.

For me, the Soul is the divine spark/essence of God/One.

The spirit, i associate with being the individual consciousness/mind - soul (minor/all-fragments) of the individual.

But in many ways its semantics. One could consider them to be yin-yang phases of the One; Soul being the Inner Fire/Sulphur, spiritually active, but physically appearing inactive (requires the 3rd eye to see the movement).
And Spirit being Spiritually the vessel/carrier of the Soul-will, being physically expressed; the mercury we see move and life or salt/substance be generated within its waters.

~Seth-Ra

Awani
02-11-2014, 03:30 AM
Could also be this:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h18/deviadah/forum/drink-shots_zps46fb6822.jpg and http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h18/deviadah/forum/Unknown_zpsa571356e.jpeg

Ghislain
02-11-2014, 03:54 AM
I think the video below offers a good explanation.

I posted this before in the thread Monism Dualism Pluralism (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?2825-Monism-Dualism-Pluralism)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx0WOxENz_Q

Or it could be how you depict it above Dev :)

Ghislain

Krisztian
02-11-2014, 03:58 AM
In the Old Religions, the soul was the compliment of spirit, the 'memory-box' of the experiences the spirit had. Without the soul, the spirit can't "contain" or hold the experiences that are felt in the physical kingdom. The spirit simply moves freely but doesn't "record". That's why certain spirits get trapped in a realm, the soul is missing, therefore doesn't hold the wisdom, the key to move on.

Humans have a soul, that's why they can incarnate.

It's what my education taught.

Awani
02-11-2014, 04:05 AM
Thanks Ghislain.

Krisztian: humans have a soul? Only?

I am of the opinion that all things have a soul/spirit (whatever name it is). If it does not it will not exist. Pure theory of course... I could be wrong about plants, trees and mountains... but I feel pretty certain that animals have a soul.

Edit: or maybe all things have spirit, but only humans are dumb enough to waste time with having a soul?

Awani
02-11-2014, 04:13 AM
Ghislain: good video...

It kind of explains how, in the ayahuasca sessions, we come into contact with spirit... our soul merging with spirit.

"You cannot experience enlightenment because enlightenment means there is no you!" = from the video above

Mindfuck... and logical as well.

Ghislain
02-11-2014, 04:26 AM
I was thinking the same, but there is still a "you" in the ayahuasca ceremony, or else who is on the journey?

Perhaps it is a way for "you" to see the emptiness from where "you" come from, that is why there is no limit to what you see.

Edit: or maybe we see all the other souls, from this world and beyond.

Edit2: Just like to say there are no words to explain Ayahuasca, you have to experience it. Realised that by trying :confused:

Ghislain

Awani
02-11-2014, 04:29 AM
No I mean you get a sense of a sort of contact with Spirit. You get to touch it. In that moment you loose the soul, and fuse with the Spirit... but the soul drags you back...

When you see the Spirit all other petty soul-searching problems become a ridiculous fucking joke. That's why addicts are cured, and depressions are lifted... you see the stupidity of the 'soul', and you see the game... and life becomes a joke. BUT the joke is no longer on you... it's on all those 'straight people'... all those 'squares'.

You know who you are? ;)

We are going back to Peru in the fall! Hop on the train people... ha ha ha!

Ghislain
02-11-2014, 04:37 AM
Yes I see what you mean now...can't wait!

Ghislain

Awani
02-11-2014, 04:38 AM
Yes I see what you mean now...can't wait!

;)

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h18/deviadah/forum/pablo_amaringo-beings_of_the_vegetation1_zpsfd2f99ad.jpg

Sorry everyone we derailed from the thread a little but it's soon 6 a.m here.

Good night!

Krisztian
02-11-2014, 04:45 AM
Krisztian: humans have a soul? Only?

I am of the opinion that all things have a soul/spirit (whatever name it is). If it does not it will not exist. Pure theory of course... I could be wrong about plants, trees and mountains... but I feel pretty certain that animals have a soul.

Edit: or maybe all things have spirit, but only humans are dumb enough to waste time with having a soul?

Didn't say that plants don't. Nor trees. Nor animals. They all have a soul.

What I am trying to say is that in order to 'evolve' one needs a soul and a spirit. Between their interaction, wisdom is gained and recorded in the soul. The spirit wouldn't "contain" the experience, that's the job of the soul. That's the philosophy of the Old Religions.

Seth-Ra
02-11-2014, 06:31 AM
Didn't say that plants don't. Nor trees. Nor animals. They all have a soul.

What I am trying to say is that in order to 'evolve' one needs a soul and a spirit. Between their interaction, wisdom is gained and recorded in the soul. The spirit wouldn't "contain" the experience, that's the job of the soul. That's the philosophy of the Old Religions.

Krisztian,

I like what youre saying - its like what i meant, but reversed terminology. lol

Makes sense in the lab as well; the oils of a thing, are considered the Soul/Sulphur - that which is the essence of that particular thing, whereas the water, or alcohol (if plants) is the "spirits"/mercury - the liquid medium that is present in all.

Perhaps i should start reversing my terms for better alignment of thought. :)

~Seth-Ra

Krisztian
02-11-2014, 02:35 PM
I like what you're saying. . .

Thank you, Seth-Ra.

Krisztian
02-11-2014, 02:50 PM
. . . certain spirits get trapped in a realm, the soul is missing, . . .

Old Tales tell us that certain races of spirits are trapped in lower realms, unable to raise their commute to higher realms because the soul is missing. The soul's main purpose is to record all that emotionally 'tickles' the spirit. Without the soul, one cannot evolve and in some cases need to "feed off" the living humanoid. From this comes the tales of 'evil spirits', you see. They feed off of the emotional turmoil of humans, it's their only sustenance. The hidden-hands, Powers That Be, make sacrifices, locally and worldly, to appease these Forces. Thus, we have wars upon wars upon turmoil upon fear and anger. It's their economic exchange between "Master" and slaves.

But this is only a concern until humanity starts to evolve, spiritually.

hexahedron
02-12-2014, 02:53 PM
Kiorionis. I think I agree with you on this one. Kind of like in Christian religion we all have souls and the holy spirit is everywhere.

Maybe spirits are decentralized souls. Or vice versa.

Kiorionis
02-12-2014, 06:13 PM
Maybe spirits are decentralized souls. Or vice versa.

Or maybe spirits have souls just like humans, but they aren't manifest on the physical plane.

hexahedron
02-12-2014, 08:36 PM
Yeah. I suppose humans have a soul and spirit. I think of soul kinda as a slow changing stable energy and spirit as faster changing. Like food? Maybe spirits are souls with spirit but no physical body?

thoth
02-12-2014, 11:06 PM
I would see the Soul as the personality, or the tincture, while spirit is like the light/energy. If the spirit is a photon, the Soul might be the pattern that photon makes.

Ghislain
02-13-2014, 04:55 AM
Thoth

That would mean we, as souls, do not have free will as everything is preordained by the spirit?

Ghislain

Krisztian
02-13-2014, 02:28 PM
That would mean we, as souls, do not have free will as everything is preordained by the spirit?

Modern day terminology and concepts may just confuse people, I think.

The soul is a no thing. It is like an organ that collects the experiences that the spirit is having. The spirit is consciousness that imprints the soul with experiences that the spirit is having. It's a marriage in a way, one that experiences, the other "records" like a non-physical memory-bank. That is how the Ancients refer to it.

Krisztian
02-13-2014, 02:37 PM
I'm "afraid" to now say, that we don't really learn or experience anything new, it'll just confuse people more.

As Plato said, when the spirit experiences something, the soul then 'check marks' so to speak off a list of All-That-Is as a felt experience. The soul, yours and mine, already has all of the experiences one can actually experience. So each experience you and I have are actually personalized awakenings. Freedom, in other words.

The issue is people do not think anything other than what they're told by the propaganda machine. So they keep experiencing the same thing over, and over and over again. So the soul weathers away, and the spirit has to continually incarnate to bring about new circumstances to check off the list.

thoth
02-13-2014, 07:45 PM
Thoth

Ghislain

I wouldn't really see it like that. Its like the Soul is still the decision maker, but is being energised by Spirit, but the two still complement each other (IMO)

Awani
02-17-2014, 05:14 PM

Scary thought: no free will

But if we look at this from the perspective of the Spirit, then the Spirit has free will.

Example: we play a video game. The video game character (soul) thinks it has free will, but it doesn't. It follow the commands of the buttons we press... but we as players (spirit) have free will to push whichever buttons we want.

BUT if you want to go even further into utter mindfuck: are we as players/spirit pre-destined to push certain buttons?

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h18/deviadah/forum/Unknown_zpsb0383f13.jpeg

Ghislain
02-18-2014, 10:25 PM
It's a fractal mindfuck; when does the orgasm come into it?

:)

Ghislain