PDA

View Full Version : Juicers & Juicing Recommendtions

Andro
02-23-2014, 09:10 AM
Hi everyone,

My old juicer broke down and I'm seeking recommendations/suggestions for the best juicers available out there, in terms of efficiency, enzyme friendliness, easy cleaning, possibly multipurpose action, etc...

Price is not a high priority factor.

So, whoever has some knowledge/experience, please post your best suggestions if so inclined, and THANK YOU!

Also, juicing tips and various mixture suggestions/recipes are welcome!

Thanks again!

Lunsola
02-23-2014, 04:35 PM
I would recommend the omega J8004, it's the juicer I currently use. It is a masticating type with a very strong grinder. It's pretty easy to clean, about 5 minutes to clean it all just using water and drying it with paper towels. I only clean mine with water as I don't feel soap is needed. It's pretty efficient compared to most juicers, the only thing that will out perform it would be a twin gear juicer. One downside for the omega J8004 is the shoot is pretty narrow so one has to cut most things to fit but that's pretty much standard to most masticating juicers. Still I prefer masticating over centrifugal. The price is currently a little over 200 USD at most online retailers. It's enzyme friendly and can grind other things as well such as making noodles and grinding nuts. It comes with a few different parts for those things.

I have juiced tons of things through my omega J8004. 2 months worth of beets amounting to 32-36 ounces a day. Have put tons of carrots and celery though it and plenty of oranges. It just devours everything, I love it.

As for tips I would say the most helpful thing is that grapes will sweeten just about anything enough to make it drinkable. Although grapes don't help much for beets or tomato juice. Surprisingly fresh tomato juice has been the most difficult thing for me to attempt to drink, pure beet juice was much easier. Celery and apples aren't a bad combination. Watermelon and carrots are surprisingly good.

If you do decide to play with beets I suggest only eating the beats themselves for a while. The stems/leaves have a much more potent salt that is vastly more difficult to consume and digest but most likely more powerful. One thing that does help mixed with beet juice is orange juice. Unfortunately one still needs to eat some sort of fruit to ease the toxin release. After about 3 weeks doing it every day I could get by with 32-36 ounces of pure beet juice and one banana without feeling anything ill.

Andro
02-23-2014, 06:20 PM
Thanks!

I just discovered the following recommendations in Robert von Sarbacher's Mini Beet Protocol (http://robertvon.com/mbp.html) (Thread HERE (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?3150-Mini-Beat-Protocol))

Juicers: In order to juice this in a regular centrifugal juicer, you must consume it the second that it is juiced (both beet and asparagus and then mix and drink) but if you do not drink it right then - all the enzymes will die (most likely less than 15 minutes after juicing (probably really 7 to 10 minutes) - so be quick about drinking this, the power is in the enzymes, not just vitamins and minerals), whereas if you get the Omega Juicer 8003 or 8005 ($250ish) or if you get the Green Star Juicer ($350ish), the enzymes will last 1 day maybe if you're lucky; however, the #1 in the world juicer for preserving enzymes, so far, is the Norwalk - so with these juicers above you can consume the juice mix later if you like making it very easy to juice a lot and drink it later, saving you a lot of time of having to juice 2 to 3x/day.

Note: Norwalk makes enzymes last the longest, 1 to 2 days min, and 3 days max, but the other 2 types work only to make enzymes live for 1 day ( if you're lucky).

Note: The enzyme juicers above (not including the Norwalk) will give you about 25% to 150% of the vitamins and mineral content GREATER THAN a centrifugal juicer, BUT the Norwalk will do 50% to 300% greater vitamin and mineral content above and beyond the (as I call them) enzyme juicers, always beating out the other enzymes juicers above in any category of juice extracted, both in volume extracted, in amount of nutrients extracted and in length of time the enzymes will live after juicing.

He seems to recommend the Omega as well, but holds the Norwalk in higher regard...

Lunsola
02-23-2014, 11:13 PM
Oh wow, I had never seen the Norwalk before until now. Potential for 300% more which would be double of the omega if I am interpreting correctly which is quite a claim. The pulp that comes out of my omega J8004 is just so dry it's hard to imagine anything could squeeze out a truly significant increase. There's only so much moisture in it after all but maybe I could see a 5-10% increase at best.

The thing I like best about the Norwalk 280 would be the larger shoot width. It may not seem like much but just a little bit of extra room can drastically reduce cutting time. It's so much less work to just push things in. It's why I sometimes prefer celery over beets or extra large carrots. The juice pouring exit is a bit higher than I would like for splash but can be taken care of with a tall glass/container.

I think they're both good, the Norwalk is just 10 times as much in price. I have doubt that it will perform 10x better. I haven't seen anything about the cleaning so I can't comment on that. So 10x price for a slightly bigger shoot and maybe a 5-10% increase in performance. The quality could be better, hard to say. Taste/feel for me usually helps determine quality. But if you're looking for the best it might be the right choice.

Either way I'd love to hear which way you go. I'm massively into health stuff.

As for the refrigeration I have tried it with several juicers and it just completely ruined the quality in all aspects for me. Fruit juicer especially ruin fast setting out or even in the fridge. With a masticating juicer they will last a few hours in good quality setting out but it's always better to just straight up drink them if possible. But the effort in cutting/cleaning isn't too bad at all, one can finish a full 32 oz of just about anything in under 30 minutes.

thoth
01-08-2015, 01:11 AM
Hi

Does anybody have any recommendations on books about juicing. There are just so many on amazon.

I know one theory is to make the blood more alkaline rather than acidic, that cancer cells cant survive in alkaline environment

Ghislain
01-08-2015, 01:24 AM
Using a nutribullet...no waste!

Ghislain

thoth
01-08-2015, 07:26 PM
Using a nutribullet...no waste!

Ghislain

Not quite sure what a nutribullet is, do you mean high potency vitamins ?

Ghislain
01-09-2015, 09:57 AM
Not quite sure what a nutribullet is, do you mean high potency vitamins ?

No it's a high powered blender that smashes everything into a liquid soup (smoothie) and it is suggested this releases all the vitamins.

Have to be careful with some pips as they can contain poisons.

For example I make a fruit smoothie from raw cauliflower, broccoli, carrot, and a little banana topped up with liquid of choice; you can use water, milk, fruit-juice etc...

takes about 20 seconds to blend...

Tastes great

Tip...Don't overdo the banana as it is very strong and you just end up with a banana smoothie.

Tip2...put a yogurt in it...yum!

Ghislain

Edit: still experimenting

Demo video...this could be classed as an ad' but it will tell you what it is all about. Nutribullet Video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVJ2i-owUCY)

HappyPotter
02-08-2015, 03:52 AM
I would recommend the omega J8004, it's the juicer I currently use.

Great recommendation, the Omega NC800 or 900 are considered one of the best single auger juicers available (the Angel 8500 juicer is considered one of the best twin gear juicers). We used the Norwalk, but you could always use a manual hand jack Welles juice press (twice as much pressing force as a Norwalk), or any similar juice press, or just make a DIY juice press (there's examples on youtube) and press the pulp left over from your Omega. Or just masticate everything and press the lot and that way you are doing the 2 stage juice extraction like a Norwalk at a way cheaper price than the cost of a Norwalk (although you can pick Norwalk's up secondhand of ebay etc if you're lucky, or I think the Norwalk website has secondhand ones for sale as well if I remember correctly), and you will get a higher yield of juice and better nutrient extraction.

Of course you can use any juicer that has a slow speed auger/gears and than press it in a manual press just like a Norwalk.

Btw the hand operated Olypmus citrus press is great for limes, lemons, oranges, grapefruits etc with no heat or electricity.

Welles manual juice press;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-GLvEAiRfY

Peter Barnes
12-27-2015, 08:59 AM
I used the champion and a seperate press for a while it was great, now I have a phillips can't remember the model, the trick that I use to not waste with centifugal juicers is to take the pulp out and re juice and you get an extra lot of juices that you would have thrown away, can get messy though.