PDA

View Full Version : The Earthly Side of Heavenly Blue Morning Seeds

MarkostheGnostic
04-12-2014, 12:57 AM
OK Dev, this one's for you, based on your suggestion. The question is: "I have heard about Morning Glory seeds. Is it as strong as psilocybin? Same kind of effect?"

I will begin by saying that the seeds that I am referring to are hard, black angular seeds of Ipomea violacea, an ornamental plant that is present all over the Earth as an ornamental plant. Morning Glories grow as a vine with many different colored calyxes. These seeds contain LA-111, a form of Lysergic acid amide. I had used the varieties that were named Heavenly Blue the first few times, and Flying Saucers, and Pearly Gates one time each before I wearied of using them. I always had to vomit the seeds up before I began to soar, and there was no pleasant way to imbibe them. Ololiuhqui, Rivea corymbosa, are a tropical Morning Glory that I have never seen. Their seeds are larger, and apparently can be soaked in water and squeezed through cheese-cloth, and the liquid drunk. They contain Lysergic acid amide and Lysergic acid hydroxyethylamide, and are more similar to the effects of LSD-25 according to the late Dr. Albert Hofmann.

My first experience was the most memorable because it was the first time I had ever experienced visions, mentioned in an earlier post. My tripping buddy saw them too and pronounced what he saw superimposed against the sky as "Gears." The rocky hill we stood on was the first backdrop of visions. I saw what I described as paisley patterns, while my friend saw comedy-tragedy masks. Tactile alterations (squeezing a boulder, I felt that the rock was yielding instead of the flesh of my hand). I also encountered a young man with his new black furry pet which I kept marveling at, much to the amazement of my buddy Kenny and the man. When we walked away, my friend asked me why I had gotten so excited about a puppy, I exclaimed, "A puppy?! It was a bear cub!" Kenny busted up laughing at my delusion. Morning Glory seeds, 200 was our first dose, but I increased to 300 (each seed = approximately 1 gm of LSA), but I definitely experienced the lassitude that Dr. Hofmann wrote about. After some hours, I felt like I wanted to drop to the grass, and melt into it or just sleep. Dr. Hoffman wrote in LSD: My Problem Child:

After the discovery of the psychic effects of LSD, I had also tested lysergic acid amide in a self-experimentand established that it likewise evoked a dreamlike condition, but only with about a tenfold to twentyfold greater dose than LSD. This effect was characterized by a sensation of mental emptiness and the unreality and meaninglessness of the outer world, by enhanced sensitivity of hearing, and by a not unpleasant physical lassitude, which ultimately led to sleep. P.124

Additionally,

Weariness and lassitude are hardly desirable effects as traits of an inebriant. Ibid.

Obviously, Morning Glory seeds are as unlike Psilocybin as they are from LSD, but the visions, which I came to see countless times on LSD (Psilocybin is almost always taken at night, and we usually remain indoors, but I should look at the night sky next time), were very prominent and perhaps worth exploring by those not averse to the cathartic vomiting. I would caution the would-be explorer, because seed companies, at least in the USA, like the Northrup King Co., poison their seeds rendering them unfit for consumption. This is printed in red ink on seed packets. The Fredonia company did not poison their seeds in the past, but one would need to check nowadays. Poisoned seeds would need to be planted and the resulting seeds harvested for use.

http://i59.tinypic.com/b9g6ci.jpg

Awani
04-12-2014, 09:44 PM
Thanks for the report.

So if you want to dive deep into the subconscious then mushrooms, dmt and ayahuasca etc is better than these seeds? Do you know if they have a shamanic foundation?

:cool:

MarkostheGnostic
04-12-2014, 10:08 PM
Thanks for the report.

So if you want to dive deep into the subconscious then mushrooms, dmt and ayahuasca etc is better than these seeds? Do you know if they have a shamanic foundation?

There is evidence of using Rivea corymbosa and Turbina corymbosa (Ololiuhqui) among the Aztecs, but to heighten their gory and cruel heart sacrifices to the sun god. I cannot consider that shamanic, more like intensification of horror to keep the people in state of the Mysterium Tremendum's demonic aspect. It would seem that Charlie Manson did something similar with LSD to his 'family.' I have a poster of Mystic Mushrooms with a figure of Xochipilli at the bottom, with morning glory flowers and vines on the base. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xochipilli

Oriah
04-19-2014, 11:29 PM
I ingest heavenly blue seeds a few times a year when I can. The trip alone is mild, and I hardly find anything below 10 grams to be worth it. By themselves, they are a very mild trip, but with another substance as a backdrop, they are phenomenal. I've always found them very synergistic in combination with other psychoactives (YMMV).

They almost always cause vomiting when I take them, but it's a part of the trip I look forward to. I've always found the emetic effect very purifying....and if I do extensive body/mind/spirit purification beforehand I don't vomit....but I usually let the seeds do all the work.

MarkostheGnostic
04-20-2014, 05:32 AM
I'm finished with Morning Glory seeds Oriah, and prefer P. cubensis mushrooms, which seem to prefer me as well. They usually grow for me when I initiate the process, and contamination has been exceedingly rare if I'm careful. There is a slight increase in my blood pressure, but not dangerously so, and there is no worry about liver toxicity as with catecholamine psychedelics like San Pedro cactus. This is a rare Easter that we are not celebrating thusly. :)

Oriah
04-20-2014, 02:34 PM
Cool! I've done psil. mushrooms before, but they've been hard to find in my experience, though I do find Fly Agarics around here. I've always wanted to grow mushrooms, but the closest I've come is just mixing manure and straw, wetting it down, and seeing what pops up in the morning. It's never bore mind altering fruit, but I get some edible ones that way.

MarkostheGnostic
04-20-2014, 06:33 PM
Outdoor cultivation hasn't worked well for me. The manure can't be that bagged stuff either, they collect is from concrete floors and take the urine with it. The easiest method for home cultivation is the PF method. It is by far the simplest and best method for a beginner. I have been successful since 1989, but I used this method until recently (with the exception of using plastic threaded jar lids). http://www.shroomery.org/8409/PF-Tek

Cool! I've done psil. mushrooms before, but they've been hard to find in my experience, though I do find Fly Agarics around here. I've always wanted to grow mushrooms, but the closest I've come is just mixing manure and straw, wetting it down, and seeing what pops up in the morning. It's never bore mind altering fruit, but I get some edible ones that way.

Oriah
04-20-2014, 07:58 PM
Outdoor cultivation hasn't worked well for me. The manure can't be that bagged stuff either, they collect is from concrete floors and take the urine with it. The easiest method for home cultivation is the PF method. It is by far the simplest and best method for a beginner. I have been successful since 1989, but I used this method until recently (with the exception of using plastic threaded jar lids). http://www.shroomery.org/8409/PF-Tek

My manure comes from a home raised donkey, so that isn't the problem....but I don't get psychoactives nonetheless. I'll try again this year and see what I get.

Dendritic Xylem
04-20-2014, 08:46 PM
Everybody please wash your morning glory seeds before injestion, especially if they are from an unknown farmer. I had horribly uncomfortable muscle spasms during my experience. It may very well have been from pesticide residue on the seeds. I have read reports online about pesticide problems with cheap generic morning glory seeds. Better to buy organic.

MarkostheGnostic
04-21-2014, 01:13 AM
My manure comes from a home raised donkey, so that isn't the problem....but I don't get psychoactives nonetheless. I'll try again this year and see what I get.

I don't know what you're doing, but the donkey poo should be composted first, or it will be generating heat and kill the spores or mycelium. Outdoor cultivation requires seeding with sterile grain that has been inoculated with spores or mycelium, and where the grains are well taken by a mycelial culture. Spore inoculation alone would be quite a challenge. The composted poo is seeded by the mycelium covered grain and a thin layer of manure then sprinkled over it. The composted manure is often mixed with pasteurized straw, and the (non-chlorinated) water content of the compost is very important - not too wet, not too dry. A handful squeezed should exude just a small amount of water. The patch should not be in direct sunlight. The numerous grubs and other insects always manage to eat the grain spawn when I've tried outdoor cultivation, even when I've screened it.

MarkostheGnostic
04-21-2014, 01:15 AM
Everybody please wash your morning glory seeds before injestion, especially if they are from an unknown farmer. I had horribly uncomfortable muscle spasms during my experience. It may very well have been from pesticide residue on the seeds. I have read reports online about pesticide problems with cheap generic morning glory seeds. Better to buy organic.

Be sure to check seed packages for poisons that seed companies treat their Morning Glories with so that people won't eat them. Go figure. These toxins may not wash off. If you plant them, their offspring seeds will be fine.

Awani
04-21-2014, 08:11 PM
Doesn't seem that the level of experience that you can get with Morning Glory seeds are worth it when considering the potential risks.

In that sense Psilocybin, ayahuasca, iboga... dmt, seems like a better path... reading your brief reports.

MarkostheGnostic
04-22-2014, 06:26 AM
Doesn't seem that the level of experience that you can get with Morning Glory seeds are worth it when considering the potential risks.

In that sense Psilocybin, ayahuasca, iboga... dmt, seems like a better path... reading your brief reports.

My days of youthful experimentation are a thing of the past. When I find something that works, I am no longer greedy for more experience. I'm also a loyal and faithful person. I don't go whoring after strange women either since I'm monogamous, even though the curiosity is there. Sometimes one simply needs to settle down, and psychedelic-wise I'm not in a position to be making LSD, so this is definitely the next best thing, if not THE best thing for me and my Soror. The government even seems to be tolerant of this practice (unless they suspect it is a business). The mushrooms DID teach me some kind of lesson on the Winter Solstice last, so I can still be shown that my ego is not in control, which means that novelty is still in these experiences. Moreover, I believe that they are good for my psychospiritual health. Definitely not into vomiting, and I eat a mostly vegetarian diet and feel pretty clean, so physical catharsis is unnecessary. Alchemically, this belongs to the earlier stages of transformation, and frankly, at age 60, with 40 years of spiritual discipline behind me, I don't require physical mortifications anymore.