PDA

View Full Version : Salutations

Oriah
04-19-2014, 08:38 PM
Hello everyone!

Where to begin? I live on a small farm/homestead on 19 acres in the Midwest. I raise rabbits, geese, and chickens as well as crops and fruit trees along with my girlfriend and our infant son. I practice a fusion of shamanics, chaos magick, and alchemical principles in my pursuit of enlightenment and in my endeavors to manipulate my environment and self.

I like to study medicine, both alternative and mainstream, and use both natural and synthetic compounds to treat the ailments of myself, my family, and our animals.

My life has been heavily infused with mind altering substances, for better and for worse. I have experienced addiction at times, and at others, the otherworldly enlightenment and teachings imparted by psychoactive plants; the metaphorical tree of knowledge.

I spent several of my adult years homeless in Houston and L.A. wandering the earth, seeking my purpose and helping others where and when I could. At a point, I felt called to wander, so I set my life aside, and wandered. After about three years of this pilgrimage, and after I began my personal transformation, I found love, and settled down to tend the land I've been given charge over. I believe that it was a reward given by the Spirit of All for the work I did while wandering.

Awani
04-19-2014, 08:41 PM
Welcome!!!

I've been homeless voluntarily a few times myself... now we both have a digital home here at the forums!

:cool:

Andro
04-19-2014, 08:45 PM
Welcome Oriah!

Beautiful name! Do you know what it means?

Oriah
04-19-2014, 10:10 PM
Welcome!!!

I've been homeless voluntarily a few times myself... now we both have a digital home here at the forums!

:cool:
Thanks Dev!

Welcome Oriah!

Beautiful name! Do you know what it means?

Thanks Androgynus!

Oriah means "Light of God." I chose it as my middle name when I changed it...

Floyd
04-20-2014, 02:56 AM
Welcome Oriah!

I'm fairly new to this site as well, but there's a lot of nice,
helpful people here that add to the enjoyment of learning Alchemy!
So, make yourself right at home!

Kiorionis
04-20-2014, 03:12 PM
Welcome to the forums :)

Krisztian
04-20-2014, 10:58 PM
. . . I live on a small farm/homestead on 19 acres in the Midwest. I raise rabbits, geese, and chickens as well as crops and fruit trees along with my girlfriend and our infant son. . . I believe that it was a reward given by the Spirit of All for the work I did while wandering.

Nature will reward you greatly when you live as such. Many of your lab-work if you so choose can be had uninterrupted. Build up of inner energy as well, Nature is ever so gracious! I live somewhat similarly, hadn't looked back.

Thanks for that introduction! Enjoyed it.

Welcome.

black
04-20-2014, 11:55 PM
Welcome Oriah.

Oriah
04-21-2014, 01:11 AM
Thanks everyone!