PDA

View Full Version : Improved Vision

Awani
04-28-2014, 04:52 PM
Every 2-3 years I have to do an eye test in order to get new glasses. I've done this for over 25 years. Every time my eyesight has become worse.

It was about 3 years ago when I had my first ayahuasca session followed by both psilocybin and iboga.

Last week I did an eye test again (the first since I started doing these plant medicines) and for the first time my eye sight had improved.

Coincidence?

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h18/deviadah/forum/giphy_zps41acc3b0.gif

:cool:

Oriah
04-29-2014, 02:50 AM
check out the work of William Horatio Bates. He developed a method in the early 1900's proven to restore vision. It wouldn't surprise me if ayahuasca could facilitate some of the same changes

Krisztian
04-29-2014, 01:46 PM
It is possible - I have done it - to improve eye sight each year. Like other muscles in the body, the eye also has them. Various, regular exercise of the eye muscles (10 to 15 minutes per day) will overtime improve eyesight for sure.

It may be with ayahuasca, and attributing your improved eyesight to it, that you're more relaxed in your body, in other words, less strain and stress on your eye-muscles (where you might keep pressure), and also less focus on staring, [prolonged gaze]. Staring is all too common in 'computer screen' age. Relaxation of the face also can help with eye-sight overtime.

Awani
04-29-2014, 02:54 PM
Well my computer screen staring has increased in the last 3 years still the vision was improved, this is why I think it might be ayahuasca and iboga. Also in both cases they gave me things to improve my vision... especially with the Iboga where I had to eat something and also get some natural eyedrops.

Kiorionis
04-29-2014, 03:32 PM
Were any of the supplements eyebright?

Awani
04-29-2014, 03:46 PM
I don't know what it was. It was some sort of plant or fruit they mixed and made me eat. They also dripped something in my eyes, felt like lime juice or something like that. But really I don't know. All I know is that it was all natural growing plants/fruits of some sort.

I thought my eyes had become worse because they hurt a little, and I couldn't see clearly... but it just turned out my glasses were stronger than they had to be which creates the same effect as having too weak glasses.

thoth
04-29-2014, 10:47 PM
I do feel my own vision is getting worse

There was some recent research showing age related macular degeneration of eye, can be reversed somewhat by consuming lutein. This is the yellow pigment in the Marigold flower. I am currently tyring to grow a bunch of these from seed and will then saturate in 90% alcohol and extract etc. (Don't want to use shop grown ones as they may be sprayed as not intended as a food).

http://www.eyesight.org/Macular_Degeneration/Eye_Test/eye_test.html

I would also like to do same with eyebright but cant get hold of any of these.

They say from your mid 40's onwards, if you are short sighted, that your vision improves slightly, as the eye muscle becomes less responsive while your close vision disimproves and so need for reading glasses.

I did get a pair of pinhole glasses but you need to be disciplined to do the exercises

You might be interested in book below (Has been mentioned on forum before). He refers to the bates method of eye exercises
http://www.amazon.com/Invisibility-Mastering-Vanishing-Steve-Richards/dp/1578635535/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1398810570&sr=1-1&keywords=steve+richards

Dev it would be interesting to know what plants they extracted the eye medicine from

Oriah
04-29-2014, 11:21 PM
as far as I can tell, the real secret to restoring vision to near perfect is exercises not substances. The Bates method holds much promise.

Krisztian
04-29-2014, 11:34 PM
as far as I can tell, the real secret to restoring vision to near perfect is exercises not substances.

I agree. It's also free, exercising the eyes, just requires dedication. It's tension, long term stress, tension, that eventually weakens the eyes.

On the other hand, I'm quite certain several herbs used by the Ancients also helped.

The Bates method holds much promise.

Not familiar with Bates.

It came to me, I used basic exercises to work on the muscles of the eyes. My eyes dramatically improved!

Kiorionis
04-30-2014, 03:56 AM
Would you mind explaining the excersises?

Awani
04-30-2014, 03:36 PM
as far as I can tell, the real secret to restoring vision to near perfect is exercises not substances.

Yes that might be true, but I have not done any exercises to restore vision... so this [psychedelics] is the only solution I can think of that triggered the improved vision. My eye sight became worse year after year, and then once I started using psychedelics it improved. Could be coincidence and just be genetic/age that created the improvement... still I thought it was interesting.

thoth
05-02-2014, 08:18 PM
Would you mind explaining the excersises?

http://www.amazon.com/Method-Better-Eyesight-Without-Glasses/dp/0805002413/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1399061831&sr=1-1&keywords=bates+method

http://www.seeing.org/techniques/