PDA

View Full Version : Hello! My name is Sal.

Sal Delmar
08-07-2014, 12:36 PM
I'm an odd bird.
A bit of an eclectic and traditionalist.
My consciousness wanders into the insane depths of my mind from time to time, and I usually return unscathed.
My thought patterns and what I decide to communicate sometimes seem random but I often find they share a common root.
By nature I am solitary and shy but I also desire to interact and learn from others; a battle I have with myself.

I was originally introduced to Alchemy through a cartoon called Fullmetal Alchemist. At the time it was not a concept I took seriously but I started running into the word again and again. I decided to take a serious look. Alchemy has since taken an amazing hold on my attention. I see it connecting to so many aspects in life; not just life itself.

My goals in joining this forum are to share some of my thoughts and learn the perspective of others. I hope to expand my mind and comfort zone while hopefully offering some value as a member through my perspectives. I apologize ahead of time if my communication skills are not ideal. I will always be respectful so please have patience with me. These are uncharted waters for me.

Other areas of particular interest for me at the moment are ancient creation myths, astrology, indigenous culture, the nature of childhood, and the dynamics of interpersonal interaction.

My posts will usually be about something that has grabbed my attention recently. I hope to gain insight from you and if you can gain something too in the process, I will have fulfilled my goals. I'm looking forward to taking a dip in the Alchemy pool with you guys. How is the water today?

Kiorionis
08-07-2014, 01:00 PM
Hey Sal :)

I'm a big fan of Fullmetal Alchemist too!

Welcome to the forums.

Sal Delmar
08-07-2014, 01:07 PM
Thanks for the welcome!

Awani
08-07-2014, 02:51 PM
Welcome to the forums.

:cool:

Krisztian
08-07-2014, 04:15 PM
At the time it was not a concept I took seriously. . .

That's what they call 'the armour of alchemy': from an intellectual perspective only and from the continuous bombardment of social consciousness, it is really perceived as a childish fantasy. Which suits well the discipline itself.

. . . but I started running into the word again and again. I decided to take a serious look. Alchemy has since taken an amazing hold on my attention.

Experience can do that to us, eh? Good for you.

Welcome! Enjoy.

Seth-Ra
08-08-2014, 04:42 AM
I'm a big fan of Fullmetal Alchemist too!

I ditto this. :D

And welcome you also. :)

I wouldn't mind discussing and connecting creation myths with you sometime; tis an interest of mine as well.

~Seth-Ra

Andro
08-08-2014, 01:32 PM
How is the water today?

As shallow or as deep as you are willing to plunge :)

Welcome to Alchemy Forums!

PS: We have a friend and veteran member here who's name is Salazius (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/member.php?7-Salazius), which is often abbreviated to 'Sal', so let's make sure we don't get confused :)

Salazius
08-09-2014, 09:33 AM
Indeed :)

Welcome Sal ;)

Sal Delmar
08-19-2014, 05:44 PM
Dev,

Thank you for the welcome.

Krisztian,

What you say is interesting. I feel that this is an area I might be able to give my "internal crazy" the reigns just to see what happens. This picture from the Alchemy Museum in Prague was a neat find for me; it looks very much like the circles in the cartoon. http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-K7-F9HDFoq8/UTCqv6NgZJI/AAAAAAAAD8k/Kbouh-L7OkA/s1600/constantin+von+blood+(15).JPG

Then I saw the tree of life on "the gate"... I wonder what else I will find as I learn more.

Seth-Ra,

Wow I never knew this cartoon would be so appreciated in a circle of actual alchemists; it is encouraging to maybe see a glimpse of a gathering of kindred spirits.

Thank you also for the welcome.

I accept your invitation for discussion. What is your preferred medium for conversation? Coincidentally, I was thinking of making my first post on the Egyptian Creation story, Seth-Ra, but I am also open to email or IM. Always open to make new friends and learn new perspectives :)

Androgynus,

Awesome! I'm a great swimmer, lots of stamina to hold my breath and dive deep!

Thank you also for the welcome.

I didn't intend to cause confusion. People can refer to me by my full name or Sal#2 if that will prevent issues, I have no problem with whatever works.

Salazius,

Hello :)

Thank you.