PDA

View Full Version : Emotional Addictions

Krisztian
08-26-2014, 11:41 PM
I would like to introduce the term emotional addiction as the root of all addictions that we traditionally recognize. All is done for the sake of emotions.

bleeding yolk
08-26-2014, 11:43 PM
I would like to introduce the term emotional addiction as the root of all addictions that we traditionally recognize. All is done for the sake of emotions.

.....so , you dont believe in "chemical dependency "??/......are not emotions an affect and not a cause ???......

Krisztian
08-26-2014, 11:59 PM
.....so , you dont believe in "chemical dependency "??/......are not emotions an affect and not a cause ???......

Well, emotions are neuro-chemical. Drugs, alcohol, sex, food only mimic to either escape, heighten or numb the underlying fear of emotions. In other words, people can't live with their emotions, so the "mistress" of traditional substances are introduced.

bleeding yolk
08-27-2014, 05:10 PM
Well, emotions are neuro-chemical. Drugs, alcohol, sex, food only mimic to either escape, heighten or numb the underlying fear of emotions. In other words, people can't live with their emotions, so the "mistress" of traditional substances are introduced.

...or lack of "emotions".......often chemical substances are ingested in order to elicit a passionate , ecstatic or an altered state of consciousness.......so it runs the gamut.....from providing a sense of normalness , and sedatedness , to energizing , socializing , and "alien" experiences.........

Krisztian
08-27-2014, 05:18 PM
...or lack of "emotions".......often chemical substances are ingested in order to elicit a passionate , ecstatic or an altered state of consciousness.......so it runs the gamut.....from providing a sense of normalness , and sedatedness , to energizing , socializing , and "alien" experiences.........

Sure.

What I see in my practice, that people have a deeply rooted emotion, for men traditionally that's feelings of imagined abandonment, generally for women it's fear of rejection, that they can't tolerate. So they use various mood-altering substances, viz., drugs, downers like alcohol, etc. to mask that emotion(s).

bleeding yolk
08-27-2014, 05:28 PM
Sure.

What I see in my practice, that people have a deeply rooted emotion, for men traditionally that's feelings of imagined abandonment, generally for women it's fear of rejection, that they can't tolerate. So they use various mood-altering substances, viz., drugs, downers like alcohol, etc. to mask that emotion(s).

....right.....many are used as coping mechanisms......however another element to keep in mind is that these are substances that the person has either fond attachment to , or have acquired a dependency if not addiction to.......and anything which causes any negative feeling whatsoever would cause the person to reach for the first thing that would remedy such a feeling......i.e. , their drug of choice......so , i see it more as a feedback loop which goes both ways........

.....this is why acquiring internal equilibrium in the face of all external circumstances is so important........

Krisztian
08-27-2014, 06:37 PM
.....this is why acquiring internal equilibrium in the face of all external circumstances is so important........

Right.