PDA

View Full Version : 'Timaeus' by Plato - An Overlooked Alchemical Text

bleeding yolk
09-02-2014, 04:38 PM
http://classics.mit.edu/Plato/timaeus.html

......believe it or not.......

......should be read by every literate human being regardless of interests......:confused:

DonSweet
09-04-2014, 05:09 AM
Curious ...

I glanced through it.

I'm wondering what specifically you're suggesting is of particular reference or interest.

And you're obviously (delightfully) a dreamer destined to have many dreams unfulfilled in this interminable sea of undulating human protoplasm.

This writing would have to be severely condensed, translated to urban street slang and produced into a music video in order for it to be noticed. I doubt Opra could call sufficient attention to it, even if she emerged from retirement to do so.

Being slightly guilty of being human myself, I wouldn't mind the Reader's Digest version in Modern American English.

bleeding yolk
09-04-2014, 08:53 PM
Curious ...

I glanced through it.

I'm wondering what specifically you're suggesting is of particular reference or interest.

And you're obviously (delightfully) a dreamer destined to have many dreams unfulfilled in this interminable sea of undulating human protoplasm.

This writing would have to be severely condensed, translated to urban street slang and produced into a music video in order for it to be noticed. I doubt Opra could call sufficient attention to it, even if she emerged from retirement to do so.

Being slightly guilty of being human myself, I wouldn't mind the Reader's Digest version in Modern American English.

......well......for what i know for certain.....is that this dialogue was one of the foundation sources of modern science.......it established the platonic solids......the four ancient states of matter ( from which the alchemical states were derived).....along with their geometrical constructions , qualities and transformations.........

....additionally this text was one of the inspirations of the renaissance when the modern alchemical tradition took root..........it directly influenced , michelangelo , leonardo da vinci , paracelsus , william blake , etc........

......i am unapologetic about presenting it in its original , unedited and "unmodernized" version...........were not the alchemists always trying to protect their works from the eyes of the profane.......well....;)

.......as for my being a dreamer......i assume you are referencing the carlos castenada context of the word........and if so.......then yes , my personality is more suited towards the dreamer path........although i have cultivated various stalking disciplines over the years..........and as for destiny (or the eagle :cool: )......i dont let it worry me..........