PDA

View Full Version : Gay Gene Discovered

Awani
11-21-2014, 10:04 PM
Article: Controversial new DNA study: Gay gene discovered (http://www.digitaljournal.com/life/lifestyle/gay-gene-discovered/article/416519)

The discovery of a gay gene or number of gay genes is giving more weight to the idea that people are born gay, rather than it being a lifestyle choice.

The problem I have with this is the two options: gene or choice

I think it is neither (but leaning towards choice in a sense). Just because a person has a gene doesn't mean that gene controls that person. For instance there is a big chance I have an alcoholic gene in my body (due to family history), but I choose not to let it control me... and I loath alcohol.

This does not mean that a gay person should subdue a gay gene (if they have one)... it all depends on what a person wants and doesn't want. Some genes should be explored, some not...

I am aware that in the gay community it can be an important argument to say: I had no choice... but in a sense that is insulting to 'gayness'... as if that person would not be gay if s/he had a choice.

In the end such scientific research is probably a waste of money... it's like trying to find a gene for liking Spielberg movies or something. Pretty stupid.

There is one gay gene I do believe in:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h18/deviadah/forum/x794B_zps8c9f00da.jpg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gene_Wilder)

:cool:

III
11-24-2014, 06:14 AM
Hi Dev,

I have watched thousands of folks try to adjust their nutrition by various gene variations. And Gene has done many variations.. I've liked them all that I've seen.. The interpretation isn't there yet in my opinion.

BE IN LOVE

Andro
11-24-2014, 06:24 AM
I think I grew tired and bored with my green eyes/dark hair gene.

I feel like exploring the blond hair/blue eyed gene now.

Awani
11-24-2014, 06:40 AM
Hmm, maybe the reason I have a problem grasping such an outlook is because I cannot grasp 'the permanent'. Every door has to be open, even if I never cross the threshold. Because if they are not I feel like a slave. Having changed my tastes in many things over time, things I thought I could never change my taste in... things that could be argued to be genetic... I cannot agree.

Also sexuality is not physical like hair or eyes, it is mental. And the mind is always in flux, IMO.

Andro
11-24-2014, 06:54 AM
Also sexuality is not physical like hair or eyes, it is mental. And the mind is always in flux, IMO.

I thought we had already agreed that everything is mental :)

If I could mentally alter my hair/eye color, I'm sure I would also be able to explore alternative sexualities.

I'd say that if one is able to master/modulate Mind to such a high degree of Mental Mastery, genetics become irrelevant, along with many other things (like gravity, for example :)).

I could be a man one day and a woman the next. I could be both simultaneously...

Or a tea pot.

We would no longer be in the realm of 'Transmutation of Metals', but in the realm of 'Transmutation of Mentals'...

From Monroe Encounter (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?1418-Monroe-Encounter&p=8093#post8093):

There is one that I would like to visit. You know what I mean.
The most mature and evolved human in physical earth, living in your time reference
----------------------------------------------------------------------
It was almost overwhelming - and yet familiar. It was equally balanced.
One moment it was male, then I was sure it was female. A true equal - a He/She. Heshe!
----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Will you be in physical form?"
"Certainly. But you will not recognize me."

Awani
11-24-2014, 09:26 AM
Yes well, it's not really an important issue as far as why a person is gay or not.

I just found it interesting that a gene can say who you are/behave (forget it is a gay gene). In a sense it contradicts the idea that we are a higher spirit. Or is this the struggle between the mechanics (genes) of our physical body and our real energy of our higher body that I'm touching on?

Andro
11-24-2014, 09:30 AM
Or is this the struggle between the mechanics (genes) of our physical body and our real energy of our higher body that I'm touching on?

I think (concur? agree?) that THIS is the core issue (not the various particularities of it).

In a sense it contradicts the idea that we are a higher spirit.

I don't think it contradicts. The physical is merely a much lower (less 'cooked') manifestation of our original Spirit Nature.

The physical/gene-coded manifestation will eventually become obsolete :)

Universal Mind/Spirit has no DNA.

Awani
11-24-2014, 09:40 AM
Universal Mind/Spirit has no DNA.

Yes this is my point. It gets confusing when writing about any subject... which perspective are we writing from, the higher or the lower?

I think I always try to write from the higher perspective (which can appear to be controversial for some if they are not aware). Maybe I should start every idea/theory with "According to my higher self perspective..." or something like that... in my lower self opinion I believe if we don't try to perceive/live according to our higher self then we will never achieve any form of ascension. Every act and thought creates an echo... what do we want to echo into eternity?

Andro
11-24-2014, 09:49 AM
Yes this is my point. It gets confusing when writing about any subject... which perspective are we writing from, the higher or the lower?

I think I always try to write from the higher perspective (which can appear to be controversial for some if they are not aware). Maybe I should start every idea/theory with "According to my higher self perspective..." or something like that...

Everyone writes/speaks/acts from the level of understanding/initiation/decoction they are at.

That's why nobody is really ever 'wrong'. Everyone is 'right' (for the level they're at), however it's important to note that there are also degrees of 'right'.

This is also why I see no point in arguing with anyone. Everyone is 'right', as far as I'm concerned :)

But, I'd much rather have harmonious cooperation and understanding, instead of perpetual conflict and the constant 'need to be right' at the expense of 'proving others wrong' and tell others what's what.

:)

Andro
11-28-2014, 10:55 AM
There is one gay gene I do believe in:
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h18/deviadah/forum/x794B_zps8c9f00da.jpg

Turns out there is also a straight gene... Choice or not? LOL :) (+ wink)

http://i861.photobucket.com/albums/ab172/androgynus_album/StraightGene_zps522dc6b8.jpg