PDA

View Full Version : Is there a God or Higher Entity?

Ghislain
12-22-2014, 10:02 AM
While conversing on a Facebook thread about whether or not there is a God or Gods, someone made the statement that scientists are atheist.

I looked on the net and there have been polls carried out which points to this being false; many scientists believe in a higher power.

Do you believe in God/s? Keep your answers short, i.e. Yes, No, Don't Know

Ghislain

Andro
12-22-2014, 11:19 AM
Also see this older poll: Do you believe in a God? (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?215-Do-you-believe-in-a-God)

Andro
12-22-2014, 01:14 PM
I can't keep my answer short :)

Objectively/Absolutely, there 'is' and simultaneously 'isn't' an UN-Knowable Point Of Origin (POO).

Subjectively/Relatively, there 'are' and simultaneously 'aren't' Knowable Entities.

Among these Entities, some 'are' Higher & some 'are' Lower, relative/compared to where one 'is' in the 'Hierarchy' of this Virtual Time/Space Construct.

Virtual Reality/Mental Creation/etc....

Awani
12-22-2014, 02:59 PM
Five years ago I would have said NO, now I say YES.

I can't deny that which I have met personally. ;)

Science needed to be atheists (the majority) in order to carry out its plans, and in order to destroy the corrupt religions of the past. Now it is time for scientific dogma to be destroyed. Shiva is always at work!

:cool:

Andro
12-22-2014, 04:36 PM
Five years ago I would have said NO, now I say YES.

I think both answers are half true :)

I.M.S.U.

"All Truths are Half Truths"

~ Hermetic Axiom

I can't deny that which I have met personally.

PS: I've met Santa Claus personally when I was 5 :cool:

My point is that our personal interpretations of whatever we encounter and perceive as (realatively) 'real', can change over time and/or as we advance in our evolutionary progression :)

----------------------------------------------------------

Kiorionis
12-22-2014, 07:03 PM
I voted yes, I believe in gods. How they are subjugated or subject to One Thing is still up in the air.

Science needed to be atheists (the majority) in order to carry out its plans, and in order to destroy the corrupt religions of the past. Now it is time for scientific dogma to be destroyed. Shiva is always at work!

I like this explanation of science.

Andro
12-22-2014, 07:12 PM
I voted yes, I believe in gods. How they are subjugated or subject to One Thing is still up in the air.

In this relative/subjective/knowable Creation, 'Gods' are what we will eventually become (and more), just as the 'Gods' (as we might perceive them) were once like us, and less...

Shiva is always at work!

Destruction cannot be separated from Creation/Evolution, it is a necessity. Without Shiva, there is stagnation/paralysis.

No rest for the 'wicked'!

And no 'rest' for anything, for that matter...

Nothing is Ever at Rest... (this can be read in more than one way, depending on the emphasis :))

Basically, as I see it, the 'Gods' we can 'know' are just like us, only differing in degree...

As for the UN-Knowable... I guess we'll UN-Know it when we get there :)

Ghislain
12-22-2014, 07:22 PM
I had to vote don't know, because I don't :)

Sometimes I feel there must be a higher entity and then my mind flips 180 and I don't.

Wish mind could make up its me.

Ghislain

Awani
12-22-2014, 07:28 PM
It is a major error to have the option 'don't know' in the poll. The question is "Is there a God, Gods, or higher entity?"

It can only be a YES or NO... because no one knows!!!

Andro
12-22-2014, 07:34 PM
It is a major error to have the option 'don't know' in the poll.

It can only be a YES or NO... because no one knows!!!

Well, alternatively, if no one knows, there should only be the 'Don't Know' option...

But then it wouldn't be much of a poll, would it?

Dendritic Xylem
12-22-2014, 09:23 PM
I don't think of God as an individual entity. I like to think of the entire collective Universe as God... and I can't deny the existence of the Universe.

I also think there are energetic and material entities in this Universe which would like us to believe they are Gods, to fulfill their own agendas.

3+O(
12-23-2014, 06:30 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absolute_%28philosophy%29

Andro
12-23-2014, 06:36 PM
Corruption of the Demiurge (http://montalk.net/gnosis/171/corruption-of-the-demiurge)