PDA

View Full Version : This is the true alchemy forum... not

Awani
01-25-2015, 09:36 PM
You know when you surf the TV, skipping from channel to channel without ever really watching anything... well you can do that surfing the web, randomly going from website to website... and just now I happened to go on an alchemy forum binge, jumping from one alchemical forum to the next and quickly I realized something that many of them have in common:

1. They all try to be the number one source of alchemy, as if the site owners want some sort of recognition from the alchemical crowd... because they want fame? Money? Honor? Respect? Why is it important what other people think?

2. They all have the same users/members (mostly). The same nicknames pop up in almost all of them... not all nicknames in all of them, but some here and some there. I get it; people invite each other to join their new forum... people in a crowd tend to group together... or does it look like a group of ants crawling over the same drop of honey?

3. The real secret of secrets. They all say they have it. Well if you have it why the hell have you started a forum? Sure, if you start a forum and then discover the secret that is one thing... but if you have already got the secret why have a need to tell the world? What kind of secret is that?

4. Bickering.

As for Alchemy Forums we are not the number one source on alchemy, but a source and there might be secrets within the minds of the members, and there might not be... what the fuck is it to you? The quest is yours. The goal is yours.

A goal is a dream with a deadline. - Napoleon Hill

Personally I rather live the Alchemical Dream (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjCjwZfyyBM).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you get upset by this post you prove me right! Ha ha ha ;)

:cool:

Illen A. Cluf
01-25-2015, 10:54 PM
You know when you surf the TV, skipping from channel to channel without ever really watching anything... well you can do that surfing the web, randomly going from website to website... and just now I happened to go on an alchemy forum binge, jumping from one alchemical forum to the next and quickly I realized something that many of them have in common:

1. They all try to be the number one source of alchemy, as if the site owners want some sort of recognition from the alchemical crowd... because they want fame? Money? Honor? Respect? Why is it important what other people think?

2. They all have the same users/members (mostly). The same nicknames pop up in almost all of them... not all nicknames in all of them, but some here and some there. I get it; people invite each other to join their new forum... people in a crowd tend to group together... or does it look like a group of ants crawling over the same drop of honey?

3. The real secret of secrets. They all say they have it. Well if you have it why the hell have you started a forum? Sure, if you start a forum and then discover the secret that is one thing... but if you have already got the secret why have a need to tell the world? What kind of secret is that?

4. Bickering.

As for Alchemy Forums we are not the number one source on alchemy, but a source and there might be secrets within the minds of the members, and there might not be... what the fuck is it to you? The quest is yours. The goal is yours.

Personally I rather live the Alchemical Dream (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjCjwZfyyBM).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you get upset by this post you prove me right! Ha ha ha ;)

Not all forum owners pretend that they are more than they are. One of the largest Alchemy forums is run by an elderly gentlemen who has had decades of experience in Alchemy, yet admits that he has never made the Stone. He is most humble and helpful.

I think there are at least 5 generalizations of people who join these forums:

1. The young and curious crowd. They have just read or seen a Harry Potter book or movie, or are involved in an alchemical computer game, which has drawn their curiosity to alchemy. These kids are quite young and know next to nothing about alchemy.
2. The lonely, generally insecure and unsocial crowd. These people have social or psychological issues and seek various discussion groups where they may feel like they "belong". They are generally shy (not egotistical) and go out of their way to learn just as much about alchemy as is necessary to get involved in discussions to some extent.
3. The narcissistic, egotistical crowd. These are people who also have deep psychological issues, particularly inferiority complexes, and go out of their way to get attention. Many of them pretend that they are Masters or Adepts who have achieved the Stone. They provide little useful information, talk in riddles and use excuses when confronted. They like to have people look up to them.
4. The unbalanced. These are also people who have deep psychological issues, similar to Number 3, but have delusions about their abilities. They truly believe they are Masters, not out of egotistical necessity, but out of pure delusion. Others are just disruptive.
5. The more mature crowd. These are people truly interested in various aspects of alchemy, whether it be spiritual alchemy, historical alchemy or practical alchemy. They range in terms of their level of experience/knowledge. Some are extremely quiet and "lurk" in order to pick up free information without having to give anything in return. This is likely the largest component of any alchemical discussion group. Then, as the level of experience, confidence and altruism builds there are those who engage more in discussion and make important contributions.

crestind
01-25-2015, 11:59 PM
There's not that many alchemy forums...

1. AF (Time)
2. AP (Newsweek)
3. IA (The American Conservative)
4. Various Yahoo! Group forums (National Enquirer, People, DailyMail, etc.)

Depends on what you want.

Awani
01-26-2015, 12:08 AM
There's not that many alchemy forums...

Oh there are more than that... I know of at least five more right of the bat.

Not all forum owners

I never said all either... :)

Point: my point really was just the fact that you will not find 'the secret' on a forum, or online either for that matter... IMO. The only purpose of a forum is to share the progress or make friends or kill time... that's it... so all these forums out there that promise 'a secret', or claim 'mastery', or tries to be at the center of the alchemical world, or requires a following... well to me it's all mumbo-jumbo.

So my point was just a warning to seekers... true adepts know this already... and those adepts that don't know... are they adepts?

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h18/deviadah/forum/58464628_zpsdvxhdsdm.jpg

Illen A. Cluf
01-26-2015, 12:14 AM
Just to be clear I never said all.

That's true. I just mentioned it since it IS one of the largest (in terms of members) and longest standing alchemy forums - just over 14 years. I know the owner of another fairly large alchemy forum who also admits that he has never made the Stone.

Awani
01-26-2015, 12:25 AM
Ok, don't know which one you mean. The only one I know owned by an old guy is www.alchemydiscussion.com, but that is mainly a scholar forum (and pretty dogmatic, don't go there unless you know exactly what the hell you are talking about or they'll eat you alive).

Illen A. Cluf
01-26-2015, 12:33 AM
Ok, don't know which one you mean. The only one I know owned by an old guy is www.alchemydiscussion.com, but that is mainly a scholar forum (and pretty dogmatic, don't go there unless you know exactly what the hell you are talking about or they'll eat you alive).

The forum is a Yahoo Discussion Group called "The-Alchemist" and is run by Rubellus Petrinus. He will be 84 this year! He has written at least five books (four in Spanish or French). The latest English book that I'm aware of is: "The Great Alchemical Work of Eirenaeus Philalethes, Nicholas Flamel and Basil Valentine", 2007.

Awani
01-26-2015, 12:37 AM
Ok... well I didn't even go into those Yahoo groups... don't like them aesthetically LOL!

Illen A. Cluf
01-26-2015, 12:58 AM
No, but that's the best we had 14 years ago :-)