PDA

View Full Version : Aging: Apperance vs. Content

Awani
02-16-2015, 12:29 AM
This is something I have thought about for many years... not sure I can explain it...

I have always felt young on the inside, even if I mature I am still young in spirit. I look at people older than me... they look and behave so 'adult'... do they feel as young or as uncertain about everything as I do? Surely they must be more stable? They look mature. They look adult. They behave like adults.

Are they, like me, young inside?

"Sit straight, grow up, behave, don't be childish..."

Can such words come from a person that is young on the inside?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe they are uncertain/young on the inside, but they don't like the feeling... that is why getting drunk is so popular. That is why, at the first moment of holiday/weekend the bottle is grabbed. Must be...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

When someone that is 17 look at me they see what I see when I look at these mature/adult people... but I am truly still - in some sense - 17 on the inside.

Will it be a nightmare to look like 75 years old... I don't see my inside as changing much. A young mind trapped in a broken machine... :eek:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h18/deviadah/forum/cat%20sees%20lion%20in%20mirror_zpsyy7qumkn.jpg

:cool:

Ghislain
02-17-2015, 02:08 AM
It is like the the Dæmons in Philip Pullmans trilogy "His Dark Materials"

Dæmons are the external physical manifestation of a person's 'inner-self' that takes the form of an animal.

If you remember the animals are always changing while the person is young, but as they get older the Dæmon becomes fixed.

I liken this to what you talk about above Dev...for some of us our Dæmons never become fixed and so we can adapt to many different situations.

The adults you see are those whose Dæmons are fixed.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTP3X8-SAbetYmq3wOP3U7q0CdXd6JGRc0XV_U5INnF0W6I0FTx

Ghislain