PDA

View Full Version : should i open my third eye?

psykopanther
02-16-2015, 05:33 AM
***forewarning, I ramble to get to my point ***

Hi all,

the title says it all really. I have been a active reader on the site for a while now. I dont put much work into posting normally because i do to not feel like i have the experience to post correct information. I normally only check out the Practical Alchemy threads only. I Have done work with plants mainly though, and done well with their results.

Lately I have been drawn very strongly to the spiritual side. Not sure why. I came across a few threads online that pulled me in to my 3rd eye. I have never been much into the spiritual path but my mind has been on it non-stop lately. all day everyday, i feel i should meditate on it to wake up. However, previous attempts to meditate in the past have failed me. This time I went looking for ways to meditate differently in hopes to successfully succeed with my meditation attempt should i listen to this persistent lingering voice in my head.

My issues is this. While seeking online information, I fell into a thread discussing the 3rd eye and although there were amazing stories that drew me in, there were many warnings of people freaking out. From seeing scary things to simply stories of people going crazy not handling what they see/hear/learn. So many that I completely became hesitant in pursuing it. BUT, I cant stop reading it. Cant stop researching and searching for more information. And my mind says do this. You will be fine is the feeling that keeps coming to my mind.

So what I am asking is, are there concerns and experiences to be worried about? Are there experiences anyone would like to share? I searched some and did not see a post on this directly. Which is odd to me for this site. Unless I missed something. I have read about entities (i spell that right?), scary places, learning how little this life truly means, evil energies taking control of your body, etc. Also heard spirit guardians showing beauty and amazing places, OBEs, Remote Viewing, learning we are invincible and should not be afraid of anything, and more great stories. Guess at the end of the day, I am here posting this because I generally feel the people on this site to be more trustworthy.
I also remember posts on here of a Black phase, is this the depression of awakening the eye? Would love to hear more about this.

So......

anyone with experiences they want to share?
Anyone with warnings/tips they want to share?
Anyone think I should ignore and wait or leap of faith and go?

Again, sorry so long ( i warned yall ) and welcome all responses.

-chris

Awani
02-16-2015, 01:09 PM
If you are searching and researching this then your third eye is already beginning to open. So it is too late to change your mind now... ;)

Should you open it?

YES!

What about people who freak out?

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

BUT also remember that it is the normal people that are crazy... look at the state of the world... the people in charge are psychopaths.

Fuck them all... you are as sane as YOU want to be. :)

:cool:

Kiorionis
02-16-2015, 02:04 PM
I agree with dev, it's already starting and yes you should :)

In my experience, the Black Sun has more to do with the Solar Plexus than the Third Eye. For a psychological analysis/perspective of the Black Sun, I highly recommend the book The Black Sun: the Alchemy and Art of Darkness (http://www.amazon.com/The-Black-Sun-Analytical-Psychology/dp/160344078X) by Stanton Marlan.

Back to the Third Eye. When you're Third Eye becomes active, it is much more like tuning to a different frequency. Depending on how active the gland becomes and how well you're able to embrace the experience (submit) seems to influence the state/frequency the mind experiences. I've experience astral projection, waking 'visions' as well as a few other adaptations. The problems begin when you attribute and overlap your internal world with the external world, and also when you begin to indulge in the experience. In the beginning these things generated for me much paranoia and anxiety and dissatisfaction with the material world.

So, soon as you enter any particular state of conscious awareness that is generated by the Third Eye spontaneously opening (for me this happened when I was trying to fall asleep at the end of the day), remember to keep your mind centered between the ears and behind the forehead :)

Edit: There is also the thread: Alchemy and the Mystical Experience (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?4223-Alchemy-and-the-Mystical-Experience&highlight=mystical+experience), for other perspectives on the mystical and encounters of the Third kind. (http://static.rogerebert.com/uploads/movie/movie_poster/close-encounters-of-the-third-kind-1980/large_mABOVIUl5lB0WF4HG28rfamgxG1.jpg)

Awani
02-17-2015, 12:58 AM
The problems begin when you attribute and overlap your internal world with the external world, and also when you begin to indulge in the experience. In the beginning these things generated for me much paranoia and anxiety and dissatisfaction with the material world.

Is ignorance bliss, or how can a free mind operate in a caged world? (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?4301-Is-ignorance-bliss-or-how-can-a-free-mind-operate-in-a-caged-world)

psykopanther
02-17-2015, 03:07 AM
Is ignorance bliss, or how can a free mind operate in a caged world? (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?4301-Is-ignorance-bliss-or-how-can-a-free-mind-operate-in-a-caged-world)

Lol. Yall have effectively killed my thread. Jk

I do like the OP regarding the comparison to a vido game. this section of the forums (the spiritual) seems to not be as popular as many other section going by the dates on recent posts. I hope to help change that as I progress with my spiritual side. Although I got a long way to go. I began working on this tonight through a pdf I was given called "awakening your thoughts 3rd eye" Samuel sagan. So I guess we shall see if this is the path for me at this Time. I do find it odd I am not seeing to many posts on people's actual journeys when they started the spiritual route. Or many guides, tips, advice . that would be nice

Awani
02-17-2015, 03:21 AM

I do like the OP regarding the comparison to a vido game. this section of the forums (the spiritual) seems to not be as popular as many other section going by the dates on recent posts. I hope to help change that as I progress with my spiritual side. Although I got a long way to go. I began working on this tonight through a pdf I was given called "awakening your thoughts 3rd eye" Samuel sagan. So I guess we shall see if this is the path for me at this Time. I do find it odd I am not seeing to many posts on people's actual journeys when they started the spiritual route. Or many guides, tips, advice . that would be nice

It was in honor of your thread that I made a spin-off... this thread is personal for you... the one I created was more general advice.

I think the spiritual is as popular... you will find a lot of the spiritual topics all over the forum... apart from the Spiritual Alchemy section have a look in Spagyrics & Entheogens (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/forumdisplay.php?76-Spagyrics-amp-Entheogens) as well as Mind Matters (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/forumdisplay.php?97-Mind-Matters).

nightjade
02-17-2015, 05:55 AM
please forget about the third eye if all you want to do is see. the third eye is not responsible for clairvoyance. remember the saying as below so above as above so below ??
just like you have eye's here in the 3d world so do you have eye's in the higher worlds and dimensions. the third eye can be thought of as the main store house of power for the head and everything connected to it which includes the eye's and other sensory organs so when you flood the third eye they all get stimulated to a level of activity that most people are not ready for.

so it's best to focus only on opining your other eye's and not the third eye like the new-age movement would have you believe .
one more bit of advice the eye's your useing right now are for more capable than you know.
the etheric and the 3d world are one and the same you just have to learn how to increase the sensitivity of yours eye's.
a hint google search this/ Dicyanin Kilnascrene Harry Boddington Aura Goggles
by John Jacob Williamson
and go to this site primummobile . org / tiki-index.php? page= Quest+for+Dicyanin
remove the spaces.

Kiorionis
02-17-2015, 02:43 PM

I do like the OP regarding the comparison to a vido game. this section of the forums (the spiritual) seems to not be as popular as many other section going by the dates on recent posts. I hope to help change that as I progress with my spiritual side. Although I got a long way to go. I began working on this tonight through a pdf I was given called "awakening your thoughts 3rd eye" Samuel sagan. So I guess we shall see if this is the path for me at this Time.

Kool, I looked through the table of contents to that book, and given the chapters, it seems to present a decent system. What confused me is that he puts the chapters on 'Protection, Sealing the Aura' near the end. In most magickal/occult traditions, "hermetically sealing the vessel" comes first.

And just out of curiousity, do you move around in occult/magickal circles? :cool:

I do find it odd I am not seeing to many posts on people's actual journeys when they started the spiritual route. Or many guides, tips, advice . that would be nice

Maybe you wouldn't mind starting a thread with your questions/concerns of a more general nature on your perspective of the internal practice (rather than specifically on Third Eye meditation), and see what is generated?
Guides, tips and advice are difficult to give when no one knows what you're interested in. :)

psykopanther
02-17-2015, 07:28 PM
Kool, I looked through the table of contents to that book, and given the chapters, it seems to present a decent system. What confused me is that he puts the chapters on 'Protection, Sealing the Aura' near the end. In most magickal/occult traditions, "hermetically sealing the vessel" comes first.

First off, gratz on the Mod promotion :P

I noticed that too about the order of operations in the book. I began the initial practices last night. Although I did not succeed in what I would think as awakening, I experienced a "lighter" feeling when I was done. Oddly like a feeling I was looking around, but kinda looking around in a backseat of my mind i guess. very subtle though and did not last long. I was also cut short on the exercise do to not having as much time as I originally thought I would have. Interestingly though, and i am not sure if it was an effect of the exercise or not, but I noticed a change in the shade of dark red/black (which is the best i can determine of the color i normally see with my eyes closed, I am also partially color blind so not sure how that plays into effect). At one point the color red seemed to start moving. I guess like a small blob in a way. Moving in a kinda circular path. Only seemed to be this was on the left eye. the Right eye side did not seem to do much. Also, I one point i noticed what I believe to be a purple or black circle, in the center of my vision, that seemed to start "further away" i guess. Or maybe a smaller circle in the distance that seemed to grow larger/closer to me. I tried to avoid concentrating on it, and it did not work for long lol. I lost focus on it and seemed to go away. some tingling/body chill in the extremities happened a little also while doing this exercise. Like I said though, my time was cut short. :(

Maybe you wouldn't mind starting a thread with your questions/concerns of a more general nature on your perspective of the internal practice (rather than specifically on Third Eye meditation), and see what is generated?
Guides, tips and advice are difficult to give when no one knows what you're interested in. :)

I would be glad to start a thread like this, I have many questions. I am sure a few may sound irrelevant in the grand scheme of things, but Ill ask anyways.

And just out of curiosity, do you move around in occult/magickal circles? :cool:

No, i have never moved around any circles. In fact, where I live seems to be kinda remote as I have not known anyone around me to be interested in anything outside of Christianity (as I am in that religious belt area and all). As a background, I grew up baptist, and although I cannot deny a existence of God, I have a hard time blindly believing the bible as it is preached in church. When people preach to me about it, I cant help but feel a little anger and try to block what they tell me. Although I have enjoyed a few talks to Jehovah Witnesses in the passed when I ask them what they think about Nature (as I live in rural areas). Nevertheless, I always keep searching for the truth in God. I cannot remember what initially got me introduced to Alchemy (i think i started with alternative medicine and herbal treatments as I have always felt against Mans synthetic medicines), but when it happened, I was glued. The more I learned its connections to Nature and the search to truly understand her workings, the more I found truth in this path. No blind following the churches on things that one much follow in faith to be saved. This path seemed to show God in action.

Anyway, practical alchemy lately has seemed to hit a brick wall with me, as I feel drawn to the spiritual side of it now. And I believe I will not progress any farther with the practical side until I progress on the spiritual side. So here I am.

By the way, I think I have decided to change the direction of this thread to more of a basic journal/status of my experiences as a progress. Although it may be slow moving, I will make attempts to update as I go. Feel free to anyone wanting to chime in though.

On a side note, while random google searching around, I came across this link. A experience of another persons "awakening" as it was to him. Just thought I would post it and see what others thought on the matter.

http://gnosis.forumotion.com/t978-a-journey-to-gnosis

psykopanther
02-17-2015, 07:35 PM
please forget about the third eye if all you want to do is see. the third eye is not responsible for clairvoyance. remember the saying as below so above as above so below ??
just like you have eye's here in the 3d world so do you have eye's in the higher worlds and dimensions. the third eye can be thought of as the main store house of power for the head and everything connected to it which includes the eye's and other sensory organs so when you flood the third eye they all get stimulated to a level of activity that most people are not ready for.

so it's best to focus only on opining your other eye's and not the third eye like the new-age movement would have you believe .
one more bit of advice the eye's your useing right now are for more capable than you know.
the etheric and the 3d world are one and the same you just have to learn how to increase the sensitivity of yours eye's.
a hint google search this/ Dicyanin Kilnascrene Harry Boddington Aura Goggles
by John Jacob Williamson
and go to this site primummobile . org / tiki-index.php? page= Quest+for+Dicyanin
remove the spaces.

I have not looked at this book you mentioned yet, but I did go to the website for a quick peek. To be honest the first link I looked at took me to the goggles to buy to see auras with your natural eyes (did i get that right?), which turned me off. I am not doubting rather they work or not, but simply that I believe we have all the tools giving to us naturally if we seek them out and learn to use them. I am not looking for that kind of shortcut, Although I would not mind a few shortcuts lol, as I am open to any "realizations" as long as they are truth. I honestly feel I am being called to wake up.

nightjade
02-17-2015, 08:19 PM
the goggles are not available anymore i just wanted to let you know that there are more ways to open your sight and that the third eye is one of the worst ways to go
btw the goggles do work just not sold anymore. i plan to do some research on the goggles and make my own then post the plans on this site.

from the book awakening your 3rd eye" Samuel sagan. don't focus on the third eye focus on the eyes themselves .
or if your into yoga flood your eyes with some prana enery now and then.

psykopanther
02-17-2015, 08:36 PM
the goggles are not available anymore i just wanted to let you know that there are more ways to open your sight and that the third eye is one of the worst ways to go
btw the goggles do work just not sold anymore. i plan to do some research on the goggles and make my own then post the plans on this site.

from the book awakening your 3rd eye" Samuel sagan. don't focus on the third eye focus on the eyes themselves .
or if your into yoga flood your eyes with some prana enery now and then.

Okay cool. Thanks for sharing. Ill look back more in depth with your previous post again. ty

Kiorionis
02-17-2015, 11:47 PM
First off, gratz on the Mod promotion :P

Haha thanks.

Also, I one point i noticed what I believe to be a purple or black circle, in the center of my vision, that seemed to start "further away" i guess. Or maybe a smaller circle in the distance that seemed to grow larger/closer to me. I tried to avoid concentrating on it, and it did not work for long

I've experienced something similar, and I've never done this particular meditation routine. It seems to come about after enough mental stillness and 'point concentration'. The colored rings (sometimes purple, sometimes red, orange, green, etc.) move from the peripherals of the vision (when your eyes are closed) to the center, and sometimes like you describe, from the center outwards.

http://www.photoshopcamp.com/tutorial/Photoshop-sonic-space-alien-ripple-effect/Photoshop-sonic-space-alien-ripple-effect.jpg
This image is what I'm trying to describe. It's not exact, but it's similar.

I use it as a visual focus to go deeper into meditation by concentrating with my 'mind's eye' on the colors.

Anyway, practical alchemy lately has seemed to hit a brick wall with me, as I feel drawn to the spiritual side of it now. And I believe I will not progress any farther with the practical side until I progress on the spiritual side. So here I am.

Kool :)
I've noticed that the 'spiritual side' also unfolds itself during philosophic contemplations and meditating on the alchemical symbols. If you want to 'exercise' your third eye, try holding this image in your mind for as long as possible:

http://alchemylab.com/images/solis1.gif

By the way, I think I have decided to change the direction of this thread to more of a basic journal/status of my experiences as a progress. Although it may be slow moving, I will make attempts to update as I go. Feel free to anyone wanting to chime in though.

Wonderful idea!
Something else I would recommend is starting a dream journal ;)
(at home, not online)

I ran out of time responding. I've got to head to work.

Andro
02-18-2015, 07:54 AM
Hey, nightjade ~

The third eye is not responsible for clairvoyance.

Then what is? Personally, I would tend to agree that it's not an 'organ', but Mind, in a way. Just curious to hear your take on it...

Just like you have eyes here in the 3d world so do you have eyes in the higher worlds and dimensions.

Indeed, as my own experience testifies.

The third eye can be thought of as the main store house of power for the head and everything connected to it which includes the eyes and other sensory organs so when you flood the third eye they all get stimulated to a level of activity that most people are not ready for.

If this is the case, is your advice to 'forget about the 3rd eye' more like a warning? Not getting into what one is 'not ready' for?

So it's best to focus only on opining your other eye's and not the third eye like the new-age movement would have you believe.

What, in your view, does the New Age movement wants us to believe in this regard?

One more bit of advice the eyes your using right now are for more capable than you know.
The etheric and the 3d world are one and the same you just have to learn how to increase the sensitivity of yours eyes.

What about, for example, people who do not possess the use of their physical eyes? (blind people)

I have known at least one blind person who could 'see', and also I myself have had the experience of seeing with my eyes closed.

How would this be 'explained' without the '3rd eye' in the picture?

Thanks.

nightjade
02-18-2015, 10:13 AM
there's still a bit of separation from the physical world and the etheric but the etheric is physical not astral. so its still possible to make use of the etheric eyes without the normal eyes. but if you damage the etheric eye's you can't use ether of them.

seeing with the eye's closed happens most often when your tired or your etheric body is loosened just a little from your body while still aware allowing you to see with your etheric eyes for brief moments .
now when it comes to the etheric the etheric is just the higher physical that connects the physical with the astral

the New Age movement is just a little confused is all but the advice that most sites on the net give about opening only the third eye can cause some people mental problems.
now im not saying that the eye's are not connected to the third eye all im saying is that it's the eye's themselves that are really doing the seeing.

i will respond with more later cuz it takes me some time to think out my responces. im not to good at the thinking game or with writing

Awani
02-18-2015, 10:29 AM
We don't really see with our eyes. Science does not really know how. We 'see' with our brains; our eyes collect visual information... but how the brain 'sees' the information is, as of yet, unknown. Same with memory. Where is it stored? In the brain? Where?

So no the eyes are not seeing shit.

nightjade
02-18-2015, 10:50 AM
We don't really see with our eyes. Science does not really know how. We 'see' with our brains; our eyes collect visual information... but how the brain 'sees' the information is, as of yet, unknown. Same with memory. Where is it stored? In the brain? Where?

So no the eyes are not seeing shit.

your post feels hostile to me.

what your saying about the brain is common knowledge.

what im saying is that you have more eye's then the two that are in your head and that the one's your using right now can be made more responsive then they are right now.

Awani
02-18-2015, 09:47 PM
Not hostile at all.

and that the one's your using right now can be made more responsive then they are right now.

That is using your third eye.