PDA

View Full Version : Is ignorance bliss, or how can a free mind operate in a caged world?

Awani
02-17-2015, 12:53 AM
This thread was inspired by some points made in this thread: should i open my third eye? (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?4298-should-i-open-my-third-eye)

Many people that read this forum are either in the process of beginning their own transformation - or smack in the middle of it... and some are near the end... but we rarely talk about what I think this thread should be about...

Is ignorance bliss, or how can a free mind operate in a caged world?

The problems begin when you attribute and overlap your internal world with the external world, and also when you begin to indulge in the experience. In the beginning these things generated for me much paranoia and anxiety and dissatisfaction with the material world.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h18/deviadah/forum/d9a7be9e49f40c9f342ffde6e4768e61_zps6pwx5u5v.jpg

The world is as it is. It is closed. Caged. Stupid. Dogmatic. It does not make it easy for a person that is neither of those things... or trying to not be those things. In short it is way easier to, like the Matrix quote, stay in ignorance.

During my own 'awakening' process I grew increasingly angry and frustrated. The more awake I felt the more asleep everyone else around me seemed. This is fucking annoying!

When I was in the Amazon recently a girl asked me, having never done Ayahuasca before, what to expect... what wisdom can be gained? Naturally such questions are best left unanswered, but excited at being in the Amazon again I blurted out: "you might realize that this world isn't real"

This is something I am very comfortable with... something I see great potential with... but she was at the beginning of her journey. She replied: "that is what I am afraid of"

So her reaction to such news/insights was horror but for me it was liberation.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h18/deviadah/forum/reality-illusion_zpschkwqamk.jpg

Advice can not really be given if you find yourself on this journey of liberating your mind... things are best learned at each pilgrims own pace... and I do not claim to have mastered anything yet. I just feel very comfortable at the position I currently find myself.

When the visions/insights of the immaterial world wash over you it can be overwhelming. You might try and hold on to the material world like you would hold on to your seat in a roller coaster.

But there is no roller coaster!

;)

Joking/wisdom aside... my advice, if advice can be given, is to treat the material world like you would treat a video game you love to play.

1. when you are playing the video game you try to beat it
2. if you get hold of cheat codes you use them
3. while you play you have fun
4. it is even more fun playing with friends
5. when the game is over you turn it of and go do something meaningful/creative with your life/time

In other words treat the material world like you would treat a video game, and when you come home... when you are in your sacred haven allow the material world to only be a blanket you sit on while the immaterial cosmos descend all around you (and those close to you)... and in that space true bliss can be found. Not from ignorance, but from gnosis!

:cool:

Awani
02-17-2015, 12:55 AM

Re-reading my post I think the above quote is the BEST tip/trick for dealing with the clash of the immaterial and the material world. Cross those boundaries with friends... people on the same wavelength will keep your sanity for you.

In other words find the others (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?2870-Find-the-others!)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wXiqoSSuzg

Andro
02-17-2015, 10:38 AM
Not from ignorance, but from gnosis!

IMO, both are eventually paths of 'suffering', even if not immediately evident/apparent. I see it as another duality trap.

What about NEITHER?

What is neither Gnosis/Daat nor Ignorance?

Yes, we can play from a more 'awakened' level... We can figure out cheat codes... We can play with friends... This is close to where I am now...

But we're still in the game... Maybe reaching different levels... But still different floors in the same building...

A dream within a dream on top of another dream within a dream, within...

What me perceives as "I", is craving liberation from the duality / multi-ality of this entire game farce altogether.

But we can't wash mind with mind, any more than we can wash blood with blood.

So, no, Ignorance isn't bliss, but neither is Knowing/Gnosis.

Has anyone bothered to Google Translate my signature line? (it's from a Qabalistic proverb, in Hebrew)

No wonder the Sphere of Daat (Knowledge/Gnosis) is hidden from view in the Tree of Life.

הבל הבלים

מרבה דעת - מרבה מכאוב

:)

EDIT: Google Translate default suggestions are a bit inaccurate in reverse, so:

My signature translates as: 'The purpose of knowing [is] not to know'

הבל הבלים = vanity of vanities

מרבה דעת מרבה מכאוב = increased knowledge increases sorrow/pain

--------------------------------------------------------------

theFool
02-17-2015, 12:42 PM
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h18/deviadah/forum/d9a7be9e49f40c9f342ffde6e4768e61_zps6pwx5u5v.jpg
The steak is yummy. You cannot experience it if you are out of the matrix. The problem with the bliss created from ignorance is that it does not last for long. Sooner or later you will have to visit the machine room behind the scenes and fix your "artficial" bliss. I guess that the more experience you gather, the more proficient and quicker you become in fixing the machinery (or even injecting your own code in the Game..). Finally, you will be able to operate in both worlds like they are one.

Awani
02-17-2015, 12:53 PM
What about NEITHER?

To be in such a state is gnosis... so a bit paradoxical. Depends on your definition of gnosis/wisdom...

psykopanther
02-17-2015, 07:50 PM
Joking/wisdom aside... my advice, if advice can be given, is to treat the material world like you would treat a video game you love to play.

1. when you are playing the video game you try to beat it
2. if you get hold of cheat codes you use them
3. while you play you have fun
5. when the game is over you turn it of and go do something meaningful/creative with your life/time

In other words treat the material world like you would treat a video game, and when you come home... when you are in your sacred haven allow the material world to only be a blanket you sit on while the immaterial cosmos descend all around you (and those close to you)... and in that space true bliss can be found. Not from ignorance, but from gnosis!

Interesting view. How would this effect those with husband/wife/kids. Seems like if all is a curtain in this world, and when out and about in it, is it hard to progress as a mother/father to their children? tv, toys, games, or just teaching them life skills in general? do you teach what is taught by all schools/society and block them from the truth and allow them to grow up in ignorance hoping they seek truth on their own?

What about your 9-5 job. I gather from this, you continue your life during the day, and escape at home right? Is there no perks (is this the right word i dunno) to understanding truth that could allow one to live their life completely as they visualize and not still be forced to "hide" during the daytime society interactions? I ask this without meaning to expose the truth blindly to everyone. Just to not be forced to still live as one of the "blissful sheep" so to speak. lol, I not even sure if this paragraph is going to come out at all like I mean it to. Really is hard to speak openly or even put thoughts into words I guess.

Awani
02-17-2015, 10:22 PM
Good questions. Well I think your family has to be included on your journey of spiritual awakening... if they are not I don't see it as working IMO.

As for having children, well I think they should be given all the skills necessary... I don't think it is healthy to surround a child with censorship of any kind. I don't like the word truth so much... but wisdom yes... show/teach them all the wisdom you have... but bring them along on your quest. I can't really give YOU advice on your life... I am only saying what I would consider for my own children when I have some. But if you evolve in mind/spirit and the people around you do not then you are going to go through some heartache... that is why I wrote about "finding the others" like you.

Well I do have a job, but I am my own boss so in a sense I don't have to escape ever (which in a way is a result of my view of the game... when you see the game you can easily take charge of it). No fear. I do what I want all the time BUT of course there are circumstances where I have to enter the game, play the game... naturally this is unavoidable unless you move into the rainforest full-time. My comments on 'escaping home' and 'sacred haven' was metaphorical... if you are fully at ease with whatever reality you see then 'home' is wherever you are. :)

psykopanther
02-17-2015, 11:00 PM
Very well put. Thanks dev.