PDA

View Full Version : Drugs and driving: The law - UK 2015

Ghislain
03-03-2015, 09:37 AM
The police can stop you and make you do a ‘field impairment assessment’ if they think you’re on drugs. This is a series of tests, eg asking you to walk in a straight line. They can also use a roadside drug kit to screen for illegal drugs.

Another way to create more criminals! Big brother raises his ugly head once more.

I am not condoning driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, but as most people know cannabis use can be detected by urinalysis, hair analysis, as well as saliva tests for days or even weeks after its use.

Wikipedia says:

Unlike alcohol, for which impairment can be reasonably measured using a breathalyser (and confirmed with a blood alcohol content measurement), valid detection for cannabis is time-consuming, and tests cannot determine an approximate degree of impairment. The lack of suitable tests and agreed-upon intoxication levels is an issue in the legality of cannabis debate, especially regarding intoxicated driving.

Drugs and driving: The law - UK 2015 (https://www.gov.uk/drug-driving-law)

If you’re convicted of drug driving you’ll get:
a minimum 1 year driving ban
a fine of up to 5,000
up to 6 months in prison
a criminal record

Your driving licence will also show you’ve been convicted for drug driving. This will last for 11 years.

I don't use cannabis, but I believe it should be as legal as alcohol and tobacco, the thing is that those don't show up weeks after use.

I would like to hear other's perspective on this issue. personally I think they are fucking control freaks.

Ghislain

Awani
03-03-2015, 01:13 PM
You might be preaching to the choir here... ;)

Society has a parental problem.

:cool: