PDA

View Full Version : 3 Levels of Alchemy.

Salazius
03-21-2015, 02:00 PM
The 3 Levels of Alchemy.

Here is exposed, my understanding and vision of Alchemy. IMO, it is better to have a distinction between the methods. One can see clearer at the goals and where he is working, or dabbling.

I'll not speak of Archemy or Spagerics, only Alchemy per se, i.e, => Phi Stone as a goal.

Alchemy as a scale, goes from the bottom, the material world, up to the top, where everthing is closer to nothingness, rarefied things.

And thus we can deduce three levels :

- Pure
- Bastard
- Ersatz

Pure :

Here, only Spiritus Mundi is condensed. Nothing is added.

Bastard :

A mix between Spiritus Mundi and the second "secret hand" as would say a friend, plus a Sulfur, which can be, either material (like "gold"), or "spiritually" attracted (from SM).

Salts are used to create a magnet. This is the first level. Only one material matter.
The second one is a coction of "mercury and sulfur" (from matter) with a Secret Celestial Fire. here Sm plays the role of Secret Fire only.

Without knowing the secrets of Spiritus Mundi, no one ever pass this level. And stay at level 3, or Ersatz.

Ersatz :

Here, no Spiritus Mundi.
Only the Agent will work upon the Patient.

These methods are interesting and the widely known and experimented.

They give you a possible rejuvenation, healing illnesses, transmutations, and other kind of "miracles".

I'd say that the Alchemical corpus of texts are at :

1% on the pures.
19% on the bastards.
80% on the ersatz.

This clearly shows why some people will never understand a single thing in Alchemy, because without making a clear dinstinction, everything is mixed up, messed up, and then, you get totally lost.

True Initiate
03-21-2015, 02:37 PM
It would be nice to sort the texts into those 3 levels. Can you give us one example from those 3 levels?

I usually sort authors into Paths categories so that i don't read Flamel when i am researching cinnabar path and so on...

True Initiate
03-21-2015, 03:19 PM
This clearly shows why some people will never understand a single thing in Alchemy, because without making a clear dinstinction, everything is mixed up, messed up, and then, you get totally lost.

What a great opportunity to correct this once and for all. Everybody will be condensing pure Spiritus Mundi into their flasks beginning today!

Well? Nobody?

Andro
03-21-2015, 05:09 PM
:)

There are also levels within the levels...

For the 'Pure' level, perhaps ironically, the only known authors I can think of are people like Reich, Reichenbach, Tesla, etc... Who unfortunately did not (at least publicly) continue to actual condensation.

For what Salazius calls the 'Bastard' level, the best I have found for working with magnets/supports are authors such as Artephius, St. Didier, and the entire Cyliani/ICH/Recreations/Fulcanelli lineage.
But even in this case, 'birds are used to attract more birds', so to speak. So SM is present in the magnet as well, logically at a lower/less active concentration/potency.

Other examples are the existing vast collection of R+C 'recipes', who in many cases either don't mention the 'Hidden Hand'/'Heaven' at all and only describe the magnet (with some rare exceptions), OR extract a lower potency spirit after life-time consuming putrefactions, separations and rectifications of large quantities of various matters such as meteorites, urine, etc...

Paths such as Cinnabar, etc, would also fall into this category when SM enters the matters worked on.

For the 'Ersatz' level, I wouldn't exactly call it like that, because Spirit is always present. But Homeopathy would fit the description, as well as various particulars which are not lacking in the RAMS collection. And of course there is the low spagyria, of simple separation, purification, re-combination. This, for me, would also fit the 'Ersatz' level.
-----------------------------
As a 'Rule of Thumb' of sorts, if the Author doesn't even obliquely/remotely mention the Universal Spirit/Doves of Diana/Astral Spirit/Astral Gold/Spiritus Mundi - it's likely not a canonical 'Alchemical' path. But even some Authors who DO use these terms, might refer to more particular 'extractions'... So, it's not always Black & White, even with terminology...

IMSU.

True Initiate
03-21-2015, 05:49 PM
For the 'Pure' level, perhaps ironically, the only known authors I can think of are people like Reich, Reichenbach, Tesla, etc... Who unfortunately did not (at least publicly) continue to actual condensation

So, pure alchemy is more like physics than chemistry and this the main problem. Besides Spiritus Mundi there was also an Anima Mundi so what's the difference between the two? Because of this polarity my interpretation is Electric/Magnetic Mundi and the equilibrium between the two is the salt principle. How to condense such forces directly into something tangible is beyond me at this point but i have found better method of producing electricity out of quartz flasks by using sound/frequency which will cause the flask to vibrate. This could be accomplished through certain singing bowls or even with the voice/chanting.

The notion of using salts as magnets for collecting SM? Imagine if alcaline salts were prior exposed under the full moon to capture SM before they are assembled into batteries and sent straght to Walmart. Does anybody noticed that such salts are actually electrolytes?

Nibiru
03-21-2015, 06:15 PM
Thanks Salazius! This does make it easier to understand the varying schools and methods of approach in alchemy. :) Do you find it best to start from the bottom and work your way up, or start from the top and work your way down?

I'm wondering what happens once one has progressed to or been touched by the top/pure level. Once that has happened, would what had before been considered works of the lower or lesser levels now have the potential of being elevated to at least the second level and maybe even higher? If the secret fire lies within the alchemist, once it has been awakened, wouldn't his works be as well? An idea similar in concept to the touch of King Midas, but in a positive/beneficial light and under the control of the alchemist.

It makes me think of the process for making an ens. One can see it as a simple extraction of the freebase alkaloids of the plants. But for anyone who's ever observed an ens process that has been incubating for some time, they have probably noticed the more philosophical aspects of what's actually taking place. For instance there's a top/heaven layer, and a lower/earth layer of alkaline water where the matter is prepared and digests. We also have the thin(neutral) space separating the heaven from earth in which unique oils sometime like to form and swim. We could even meditate upon the empty space above the layers of alcohol and alkaline water, where over-time the salts and sulfurs from the bottom two levels may choose to ascend when the conditions are right. Or even contemplate the rising and falling of matter and spirit in a manner akin to the Emerald Tablet by observing the 'lava-lamp' type effect of the matters in digestion, as the tiny orbs ascend and descend within the vial between the layers of water and spirit.

I guess what I'm trying to ask is, from a Universal perspective can all things can be viewed as Universal? Something along the lines of the saying "unto the pure, all things are pure". I do realize and appreciate that there are varying 'levels' that we work, it's just that lately I've been starting to see everything from a more encompassing perspective. could it be that All is Alchemy, and Alchemy is the All?

crestind
03-22-2015, 04:51 AM
So from what I can understand,

Pure
Magical Green Lion Method

Bastard
Stones

Ersatz
Crude transmyootations

Seems to make sense as the stone clearly possesses something more than your basic 1:1 elemental conversion, as it can convert many many multiples.

Salazius
03-22-2015, 09:07 AM
Crestind,

No, Bastard gives the "magical green Lion", the color of the Spirit is green in the magnet.

@TI

Examples of texts :

Pure :

Revelation of Tritemus.

Bastard :

Hyle und Coayle, Hermetic Recreations, Mutus Liber, Canseliet's/Fulcanelli, Arcana Divina, Chemical Moonshine, Donum Dei, ICH for example. Rain, dew, etc enters this category too, but at the frontier with the ersatz paths, because of the lack of spirit in these Paths.

Ersatz :

Flamel, Cosmopolite, Trevisan, Zachaire, Jehan de Meung, Bacstrom's blood way, etc etc

And yes, of course, there are levels into the levels. I just made it short.

@Andro

The Pure create it's own magnet, and then the spirit flow down, and in the Bastard, we create the magnet for the Spirit. So we imitate the process. And the Ersatz is just imitating the whole process, with material magnet, material spirit. just a pale copy.

I make a clear distinction between Spiritus Mundi, which is for me a condensed matter from "no where" (apparently) and the "Heaven/second hand", which are already in the matter, and that is just spagerically revealed. Even if the Second hand comes from SM, which is the case for everything in this universe.

So yes, the Spirit is everywhere, but IMO, there is a difference nonetheless.

@Nibiru,

There's no rules. One can come across a direct reveletation to the Pure Path, or just thinking that it is wiser to begin by the roots/bottom.

Everything can rise higher with massives doses of Spirit and multiple multiplications. Evertything.

The Secret Fire is indeed inside the Alchemist, but here we are more into a "Yoga" i.e, "Union/Fusion" and Inner Alchemy, this is the transmutation of the Alchemist.

Andro
03-22-2015, 09:52 AM
Bastard gives the "magical green Lion", the color of the Spirit is green in the magnet.

I think Mr. Crestind was referring to the 'method' posted by Mr. Green Lion :)

The Pure create it's own magnet, and then the spirit flow down, and in the Bastard, we create the magnet for the Spirit. So we imitate the process.

Yes. Also, the 'imitation' may lead to potentially faster results & better yields, if done right (see the "birds attract birds" allegory).

I myself am still a 'purist' at heart, so I'm building all sorts of weird contraptions to experiment for shorter times & better yields :)

Andro
03-22-2015, 10:14 AM
My interpretation is Electric/Magnetic Mundi and the equilibrium between the two is the salt principle. [...] Has anybody noticed that such salts are actually electrolytes?

This sounds extremely interesting to me, thanks!

Maybe you could elaborate more on this, on another dedicated thread? (if you wish)

I have found better method of producing electricity out of quartz flasks by using sound/frequency which will cause the flask to vibrate. This could be accomplished through certain singing bowls or even with the voice/chanting.

The Ether is set in motion by various (stirring) energies, such as Light/EM. (loosely paraphrasing from the 'Rosicrucian Notebook')

I think you have made a splendid connection, to add Sound/Chanting to the mix. For me (in my interpretation), this is can be also one of the 'stirring agents'.

True Initiate
03-23-2015, 01:16 PM
@TI

Examples of texts :

Pure :

Revelation of Tritemus.

This is a great insight into your system of Alchemy and i am interested to look further into it. The most interesting piece is of course Revelation of Tritemus but the problem is i cann't locate such a book. Instead of Tritemus maybe it's Trithemius?

True Initiate
03-23-2015, 01:35 PM
Maybe you could elaborate more on this, on another dedicated thread? (if you wish)

Yes, another thread would be better i think.

The Ether is set in motion by various (stirring) energies, such as Light/EM. (loosely paraphrasing from the 'Rosicrucian Notebook')

I think you have made a splendid connection, to add Sound/Chanting to the mix. For me (in my interpretation), this is can be also one of the 'stirring agents'.

This is how crystals are activated. Maybe stuff for yet another thread?

Andro
03-23-2015, 03:19 PM
Yes, another thread would be better i think.

Yes :)

Maybe stuff for yet another thread?

Yes again :)

Thank you very much for sharing those fascinating concepts!

Salazius
03-23-2015, 06:13 PM
I've heard sound can manifest SM.

Trithemius yes. If I remember well, it is in the RAMS.

True Initiate
03-23-2015, 06:48 PM
I have found it. It is a small book included in Potpourri Alchemia from RAMs. For those who don't have it i decided to post it here since it is only 3 pages long and then we can all discuss it.

http://img121.imagevenue.com/loc86/th_27244_1_122_86lo.jpg (http://img121.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=27244_1_122_86lo.jpg)http://img134.imagevenue.com/loc379/th_27245_2_122_379lo.jpg (http://img134.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=27245_2_122_379lo.jpg)http://img17.imagevenue.com/loc132/th_27246_3_122_132lo.jpg (http://img17.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=27246_3_122_132lo.jpg)

I noticed that this text was taken from a book by Johannes Trithemius called Traite Des Causes Secondes (Ed.1897). It would be nice to find a complete translation of the book.

Dendritic Xylem
03-23-2015, 09:11 PM
Thank you Salazius and everyone else for your contributions.

Salazius
03-24-2015, 11:07 AM
Here is the French Version, free to DL.

http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/bpt6k1143539

Rhoend
04-17-2015, 07:59 PM
This reminded me levels Garden of Hesperides. Very interesting.

Salazius
04-18-2015, 10:14 AM
Thanks !

Glad you enjoyed the idea of the levels.

It is interesting in order to "map" so to speak, the Alchemical road.