PDA

View Full Version : Rusenstein Work

crestind
03-24-2015, 04:08 AM
From page 70 of his best-selling book as featured on Oprah's Book Club. It's the one that allegedly takes a mere 2-3 weeks' time.

Here is my attempt. I think the shard shaped salts are the ones that were extracted, while the more sandy looking stuff is the unextracted. As far as I know the subject matter that is being worked upon does not crystallize as shards normally, so it must be the product. Even if it doesn't work, I guess it's nice to look at... Fingers crossed. Mild distortion on the beaker walls from condensation.

http://i.imgur.com/kijf5fs.png

Ghislain
03-24-2015, 04:41 AM
What was the extraction supposed to be?

Ghislain

crestind
03-24-2015, 04:50 AM
I'm not 100% sure actually. The translation is a little screwy. The same process appears in

33_RUSENSTEIN_UNI_2.pdf 6/8
RUESENSTEIN_original.pdf 70/136
07_RUSENSTEIN_UNI.pdf 8/11

It's supposed to be a precipitate of merc with vinegar (and it "absolutely must be vinegar of wine"). One of the above text says it's just merc and AF. The other two say "precipitated with sea salt" in quotes after.

What I can tell you for now is that these shards absolutely do not withstand the fire as claimed. They sublimate away. It's possible something was left out, but that's pretty standard for alchemy texts.

thoth
03-25-2015, 12:52 AM
Maybe these salts need to be fixed by several distillations & cohabitations, before they go near any fire

crestind
03-25-2015, 02:25 AM
It's certainly a possibility. The translation refers to this substance as a "salt" which turns into a "glass" in the fire. It says the "salt" withstands any fire and cannot be distilled, but it's possible that it actually means to say that it is the "glass" that withstands it, in which case the salt needs to be cemented into the glass by prolonged heating.

Rhoend
04-17-2015, 07:00 PM
Very interesting image. I remember the white beard KOH.