PDA

View Full Version : Is this what we are?

Ghislain
05-05-2015, 07:36 PM
Warning: There are some unpleasant images in the linked film.

The Kill Team (http://www.putlocker.ms/watch-the-kill-team-online-free-putlocker-2013.html)

I had difficulty naming this thread...what can one say about human nature?

Human nature is something that comes to the surface in time of need...can any one of us know how we will act until that need arises?

Ghislain

Ghislain
05-05-2015, 10:44 PM
Concerning Violence is a 2014 documentary film written and directed by Göran Olsson. It is based on Frantz Fanon's essay, Concerning Violence, from his 1961 book The Wretched of the Earth. American singer and actress Lauryn Hill served as the narrator in the English-language release of the film. The film narrates the events of African nationalist and independence movements in the 1960s and 1970s which challenged colonial and white minority rule.

Warning: Contains some upsetting scenes from the beginning.

Concerning Violence (http://www.putlocker.ms/watch-concerning-violence-online-free-2014-putlocker-hd.html)

Even Africa realises the western system is fucked up and heading into oblivion, but how does one undo something that is so tightly woven?

Ghislain

Andro
05-06-2015, 03:46 AM
how does one undo something that is so tightly woven?

One doesn't.

Or, one does like Alexander with the Gordian Knot (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gordian_Knot).

Ghislain
05-06-2015, 04:55 AM
I like the analogy Androgynus...are you suggesting that we cut the knot?

The only thing wrong with that is we are all part of the knot.

Ghislain

Edit: perhaps we need to find the ends of the knot and try untying it before someone decides to cut through it for us.

Andro
05-06-2015, 05:18 AM
Are you suggesting that we cut the knot?

Cut it or leave it (all, mentally).

The only thing wrong with that is we are all part of the knot.

I don't see a problem.

Perhaps we need to find the ends of the knot and try untying it.

You're hanging on a rope by the neck. Do you cut it or try to untie it?

Maybe your noose is not tight enough (YET) :)

All fine & dandy, until there's the proverbial 'Knock on the Door'...

And for some, not even this is enough reason to 'cut the knot', the whole door needs to be broken down, possibly to be replaced with another door that only opens from the outside...

Oh, but the noose is so damn comfy! We're being safely held, mommy dearest...

Do we untie umbilical cords? Or cut them? That is, if we want to grow/mature/etc...

Kiorionis
05-06-2015, 11:52 AM
Do we untie umbilical cords? Or cut them? That is, if we want to grow/mature/etc...

I read once that the person cutting the cord should feel and wait for the pulse between mother and child to slow and subside before cutting. If it's cut to soon, the final amount of Essence being exchanged between the two will leak out, shortening life and causing illness to both.

Also, always cut in the space between beats, never on the full throb ;)

Seth-Ra
05-06-2015, 03:24 PM
I read once that the person cutting the cord should feel and wait for the pulse between mother and child to slow and subside before cutting. If it's cut to soon, the final amount of Essence being exchanged between the two will leak out, shortening life and causing illness to both.

Also, always cut in the space between beats, never on the full throb ;)

When a baby is born with no complications, you dry it, and stimulate it (back rubs and foot taps) to encourage it to breath on it's own, and you clamp the cord in two places (the nearest one to the baby is 7 inches from him, then about an inch or two from that one). You wait a full minute for the cord to stop pulsing (occurs naturally as the child is breathing on it's own and using it's developed systems) and then you cut the cord.

However, there are exceptions to this; if the cord is wrapped around the baby's throat as it's being deliverd, you first try to gently slide it over and off the head. If you cannot free it that way, then you must clamp it and cut it like above, just sooner. (It's risky, but the kid will die anyway if you don't).

(source: my EMT text book & class, that I just finished.)

So, getting back to the civilization and noose allegory; it needs to be cut if we aren't gonna allow it to be slid off, and while that is risky - we are dead if we don't, but we might not be if we handle the cut.
Breakdown and recreate - tis the alchemist's motto and the way of the universe, survive and move forward, or breakdown and be remade; either way we move along.

~Seth-Ra